ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3811 of 3903
« First < 2811331137113761380138073808380938103811 381238133814381538213861 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:14 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
It's rather simple. If a doctor screws up, there are outlets for settlement. If a company produces a product that gets linked to a disease even decades later, there are outlets for settlement. Whether they actually understand it or not, some people have/had a problem with the bullet points above the signature required when volunteering to become part of the experiment.

I found it more interesting that so many people suddenly became pro big Pharma after years of claiming they were the devil willing to do anything for a buck. I'm not sure many of them even realized they flipped a switch, which makes it a bit comical.

This whole ordeal has been eye opening in numerous ways.
Wtf are you talking about? How the fuck is getting a vaccine "Pro Big Pharma"?
[Reply]
DaFace 11:43 AM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
People seem to ignore that someone getting sick and requiring thousands of dollars to keep them alive is a pretty good money maker for the industry as a whole.
[Reply]
ghak99 12:04 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I take it you don't have organic hippy friends, family, or customers who have made the flip?

Pre covid they thought Pfizer was the devil. For years I never mentioned I've given tens of thousands of vaccinations made by these big companies. If I was to mention the above, I myself would have been labeled a heathen. Today, fear has them on the pulpit throwing fire and brimstone at those who won't get the jab, even if those people are pointing out similar concerns to what they would have pre covid.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:31 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Lol. Glad to hear it man... hopefully you'll be near full strength in the morning.
I'm flexing and strutting this morning. I am now invincible!
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:03 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm flexing and strutting this morning. I am now invincible!
Loll, excellent. Congrats. Let's go Chiefs!
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:10 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:

I found it more interesting that so many people suddenly became pro big Pharma after years of claiming they were the devil willing to do anything for a buck. I'm not sure many of them even realized they flipped a switch, which makes it a bit comical.

This whole ordeal has been eye opening in numerous ways.
You can be pro vaccine without being pro big pharma.

Big pharma has spent way too much money advertising and lobbying and developing lifestyle me-too drugs for things like cholesterol. And fighting against generics. And not developing needed drugs that are only taken briefly like antibiotics.

But their accomplishments with covids were/are impressive and this was a situation where throwing tax payers money at it and not worrying too much about penny pinching was absolutely money well spent.

But yeah, the big pharma industrial complex leaves plenty to be desired.
[Reply]
TLO 07:56 AM 12-06-2021
What's the hold up on getting some preliminary vaccine effectiveness data against omegatron?
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:28 AM 12-06-2021
Just tested POS for Covid this morning. My symptoms felt like a sinus infection, which I usually get once per year. I was scheduled to get the booster on Thursday, so I no longer have to do that :-)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:40 AM 12-06-2021
Update: He had a good day yesterday, they were able to keep him on the Optiflow versus using the BiPap and his SpO2 stayed in the mid-high 90's.

Creatin levels decreased as well.

Today, they've reduced the Optiflow from 100% to 90% and his SpO2 is steady in the low 90's.

Tiny improvements, but much, much better than the alternative.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:48 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
What's the hold up on getting some preliminary vaccine effectiveness data against omegatron?
I can already tell you they will say its 90%+.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:50 AM 12-06-2021
Do you want fast data or accurate data? Those are somewhat contradictory, and the desire for the former is part of why everyone perceives the messaging on this to have been so shaky.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:56 AM 12-06-2021
This is kind of neat. MIT has a test for antibodies (so it would test positive for either vaccinated or recent infection) that only takes around 10 minutes.

It does require a drop of blood, so unfortunately it's probably not something that people will be doing outside sporting events to test for who can be let in, but more options are better than no options.

https://news.mit.edu/2021/smart-deve...-immunity-1122
[Reply]
TLO 11:41 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I can already tell you they will say its 90%+.
I'd be surprised
[Reply]
TLO 11:41 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Do you want fast data or accurate data? Those are somewhat contradictory, and the desire for the former is part of why everyone perceives the messaging on this to have been so shaky.
I want both. :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:46 AM 12-06-2021
I'd be surprised
Already happened.

90% claim.

COVID: First signs that vaccine protects against Omicron – health minister
So far, Israel has registered four cases infected with the new variant, while general morbidity remains low.

Later in the evening, a report by Channel 12 said the Pfizer vaccine is just slightly less effective in preventing infection with Omicron than with Delta – 90% as opposed to 95% – while it is as effective – around 93% – in preventing serious symptoms at least for those vaccinated with a booster.
According to the report, the ability of the variant to infect is higher than Delta but not as much as feared – around 1.3 times higher.

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wel...tuesday-687392
[Reply]
Page 3811 of 3903
« First < 2811331137113761380138073808380938103811 381238133814381538213861 > Last »
Up