ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3803 of 3903
« First < 2803330337033753379337993800380138023803 380438053806380738133853 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:50 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
As effective? No probably not. If you had MMR uptake at 45-50 percent, maybe similar. I'm not sure though.
We're at 90% in New York for adults with at least 1 dose.

Based on that we should be good this winter, right?
[Reply]
TLO 09:54 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

How many deaths is New York reporting in these heavily vaccinated areas?
[Reply]
NotDonger 09:54 AM 12-01-2021
Go review recent CDC statements and Bill Gates.

They have backtracked on this. Why are you pushing the old storyline?
You asked me to read the study you posted. I have and responded to it. No vaccine is "perfect" as the author claims.

I'm not sure what they have backtracked on, or what old storyline I'm pushing. I'm just trying to understand how you define a "leaky" vaccine. It seems you don't want to provide that definition, and that's fine.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:56 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
How many deaths is New York reporting in these heavily vaccinated areas?
Deaths is a topic best for DC. I was just trying to understand QCity's position on the vaccines efficacy against infection.

As for an answer, we'll find out. Our Covid season just started.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:58 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
You asked me to read the study you posted. I have and responded to it. No vaccine is "perfect" as the author claims.

I'm not sure what they have backtracked on, or what old storyline I'm pushing. I'm just trying to understand how you define a "leaky" vaccine. It seems you don't want to provide that definition, and that's fine.
The definition was right there. Prevent symptoms but not infections.

By that definition, covid-19 vaccines are leaky.

As for how many other angels can dance on the head of a pin, had enough for today.
[Reply]
Fish 09:59 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Your own response from the author literally proved what he was saying.

We don't know at the moment how leaky these things are. It's conceivable that they are actually close to non-leaky.

No where in there does he say these vaccines aren't by definition leaky. Just that it could be conceivable that they are close to non leaky.
Read it again. MM called the vaccines leaky. The author himself says we don't actually know that, and they could be non-leaky. All evidence at this point indicates the vaccines are much closer to non-leaky. The point is you cannot make a definitive claim either way. MM did that, not me or the author.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:03 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Read it again. MM called the vaccines leaky. The author himself says we don't actually know that, and they could be non-leaky. All evidence at this point indicates the vaccines are much closer to non-leaky. The point is you cannot make a definitive claim either way. MM did that, not me or the author.
We don't know? Yes, we know.

Read the statements from the CDC and listen to Mr. Vaccine Bill Gates.

These don't stop infections. If they do, why are mutiple states asking the vaccinated to wear masks?
[Reply]
NotDonger 10:05 AM 12-01-2021
The definition was right there. Prevent symptoms but not infections.
Okay. And by that definition, all vaccines are "leaky" since no vaccine prevents 100% of infections, including the ones listed.

By that definition, covid-19 vaccines are leaky.
Correct, they are. Just like every other vaccine is.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:06 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
Okay. And by that definition, all vaccines are "leaky" since no vaccine prevents 100% of infections, including the ones listed.

Correct, they are. Just like every other vaccine is.
Strange cross to want to die on, but carry on.
[Reply]
O.city 10:08 AM 12-01-2021

We know 1 dose isn't complete though. So why would you bring that up here?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:10 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
We know 1 dose isn't complete though. So why would you bring that up here?
I saw Hochul our governor touting it. So it stuck with me.

Of those maybe some were J&J?

Full regimen is about 12 points lower.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:13 AM 12-01-2021
It appears the new court ruling blocked the health care facility employee mandate in 10 states. Hopefully, it relieves some pressure while things continue to be sorted out.

Do this apply to your staff issues TLO?
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:02 PM 12-01-2021

JUST IN: @CDCgov confirms first case of #OmicronVariant in the USA. Individual is in California and returned from S. Africa on 11/22. "The individual, who was fully vaccinated and had mild symptoms that are improving, is self-quarantining and has been since testing positive."

— Ed O'Keefe (@edokeefe) December 1, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 01:10 PM 12-01-2021
Everyone else in his house has apparently tested negative the entire time.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:40 PM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Heh...wait until tomorrow...
Like last time, minor joint pain with the skin eebie jeebies. A bit uncomfortable but not slowing the day down at all.
[Reply]
Page 3803 of 3903
« First < 2803330337033753379337993800380138023803 380438053806380738133853 > Last »
Up