ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3797 of 3903
« First < 2797329736973747378737933794379537963797 3798379938003801380738473897 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 11:02 AM 11-29-2021
We'll see how this Omicron variant plays out, but probably not a bad time to go get your booster if you haven't already
[Reply]
AustinChief 02:02 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Go to the ER and get a RegenCov infusion. Most people qualify.
This.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TLO 04:52 PM 11-29-2021
I've been sick since last Tuesday. Antigen covid test Wednesday, PCR Friday, antigen Sunday. All negative.

There's definitely something out there competing with Covid right now.

I think I'm on the mend but doctor called me in an antibiotic and a low dose steroid because it feels like it's kind of transitioning into bronchitis. This is the first time I've truly been sick since covid started.

Take care of yourselves
[Reply]
O.city 05:02 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I've been sick since last Tuesday. Antigen covid test Wednesday, PCR Friday, antigen Sunday. All negative.

I think I'm on the mend but doctor called me in an antibiotic and a low dose steroid because it feels like it's kind of transitioning into bronchitis. This is the first time I've truly been sick since covid started.

Take care of yourselves
My best friend and his family have had this. He's a pharmacist, they all had covid last year and he has been vaxed but they did some of the antigen tests they have at their clinic just to see.

Was all covid negative.
[Reply]
O.city 05:03 PM 11-29-2021
Had a close friends grandfather pass yesterday morning. Had been in the ICU for a week or two with it. In his mid to late 80's. Had been double vaxed, no booster. He was doing some pretty heavy immuno compressing drugs for something, not sure what.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:58 PM 11-29-2021
This is a good article in Smithsonian Magazine that explains how immunization and waning effectiveness works. It's written in a simple language that a non-medical lug like me can understand.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...vQeHpmG0W48uno
[Reply]
Redbled 01:13 AM 11-30-2021
My wife’s cousins husband died tonight. Friend of mine since college. 52. Unvaccinated. Been on vent over 2 weeks. Community crushed. Leaves 3 kids and his wife. Some still don’t believe in the vaccine regardless of how many die before their eyes that they know.
[Reply]
tk13 01:27 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This is a good article in Smithsonian Magazine that explains how immunization and waning effectiveness works. It's written in a simple language that a non-medical lug like me can understand.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...vQeHpmG0W48uno
If you want to dive deeper into that, here's a good article about how even though your antibodies wane, your immune system is still working.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...irus-variants/
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:57 AM 11-30-2021

Take care of yourselves
This is the #1 reason why I am so glad to not be back in the office and around people. I was always sick once or twice a year with bronchitis. Barely have had a sniffle in almost 2 years.
[Reply]
LTL 08:08 AM 11-30-2021

Take care of yourselves
Towards the end of the summer we were starting to see quite a few adults with RSV. Couple friends of mine were diagnosed with it. Normally we see kids around this time with but starting around June/July we were starting to see kids with it. Just throwing that out there cause it's something more associated with kids than adults but have seen it more so now than in the past.
[Reply]
TLO 09:17 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by LTL:
Towards the end of the summer we were starting to see quite a few adults with RSV. Couple friends of mine were diagnosed with it. Normally we see kids around this time with but starting around June/July we were starting to see kids with it. Just throwing that out there cause it's something more associated with kids than adults but have seen it more so now than in the past.
My PCR test was a combo flu, covid, RSV. All negative. Whatever it is has knocked me on my ass pretty well though
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 10:12 AM 11-30-2021
My PCR test was a combo flu, covid, RSV. All negative. Whatever it is has knocked me on my ass pretty well though
I too got something right before Thanksgiving that wasn’t Covid that Turned bronchial and I’m just now shaking it off.

Also my 72 year old dad and disabled sister were sick so I went to his house and tested him and immediately the test came back Covid positive. I had them go to an official testing center and confirm the results and then got them a couple seats for the Regeneron treatment.

That’s been 4 days ago but all indications they are starting to improve. When I first tested my dad he looked like he was dying, no color in his face just very sick. Since the Regeneron they are both almost back to normal outside of a lingering cough. Both unvaccinated because of freaking politics. I tried to educate him, and barely got him to let me test him for Covid. He’s since been awakened that this is real. Stubbornness has killed so many.

They are not 100% out of the woods yet, but I’m certain the Regeneron treatment is the only reason they have a good chance of surviving this. They were both so sick prior to treatment.

If you or anyone you know has Covid and is heading the wrong direction and high risk please urge them to get the treatment. Could save their life. Btw all Regeneron seats were filled in KC proper so we found rural ones that could treat them.
[Reply]
Hawker007 10:22 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
This is the #1 reason why I am so glad to not be back in the office and around people. I was always sick once or twice a year with bronchitis. Barely have had a sniffle in almost 2 years.
There's a major downside to this as well though...
[Reply]
TLO 10:30 AM 11-30-2021
Moderna's CEO needs to :-) unless he has data to share.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:42 AM 11-30-2021
Just got off the phone with my PMD who called to let me know she is retiring. She's been my PMD for 30 years. I asked her if she recommended me for #3 covid booster and she said, "Yes I do and I truly believe we will be taking boosters every 6 months for the foreseeable future."
[Reply]
Page 3797 of 3903
« First < 2797329736973747378737933794379537963797 3798379938003801380738473897 > Last »
Up