ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3789 of 3903
« First < 2789328936893739377937853786378737883789 3790379137923793379938393889 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Go Royals 09:29 AM 11-18-2021
Got my booster yesterday. Feel like absolute unmerciful death - aches, vomiting, chills, headache.

This one was a doozy
[Reply]
TLO 09:39 AM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by Go Royals:
Got my booster yesterday. Feel like absolute unmerciful death - aches, vomiting, chills, headache.

This one was a doozy
Which booster?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:45 AM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by Go Royals:

This one was a doozy
I got my 2nd Moderna shot on Tuesday. I feel fine in terms of the symptoms you suggested.

That being said, my injection site bled for almost an hour and now my arm feels like someone tried to tear it off.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:45 PM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
This is a reasonable take. I honestly don’t think we will get to the point that people won’t be allowed in a grocery store if they don’t have a vaccine. We have never done that with any disease that I know of.

I understand restrictions. But vaccine requirements to work remotely, or to go to the grocery store seem heavy handed to me. I don’t understand the I have the vaccine, but you don’t have the vaccine so you are putting me in danger. When anyone can pass the disease to anyone. Some people have not had the traditional vaccines that everyone else has (whatever their reasons may be) , but we don’t treat them as second hand citizens that can’t participate in society like some Europeans are treating their citizens over this.

I think mRNA is the future just need to keep testing it.
So maybe its not at the level of not participating in society, but we have, at times, kept kids out of school for not having a measles vaccine.

The US has a stronger tradition, and a stronger constitution, for individual rights than most countries. Which of course has trade offs.

There have been hospital ICU beds that have at various times filled up and negatively impacted the health outcomes of non covid patients.

Some European countries are facing that prospect again. I think heavy handed tactics aren't unreasonable.

As far as the US, our political situation and traditions are different. I don't think anything productive would come out of suggesting another lockdown of the type some European countries are implementing. Even if local ICU beds were overfilled and emergency tents were in the parking lots...
[Reply]
NotDonger 02:51 PM 11-18-2021
For those lucky enough to live in the great state of Colorado, the state has a dashboard on breakthrough data:

https://covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine-breakthrough
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:58 PM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I assumed we burnt through all the available people out there this summer.

Clearly not.
Some people have had covid more than once.

Especially getting the original version of the disease probably doesn't provide that great of protection against the delta version.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:25 PM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
For those lucky enough to live in the great state of Colorado, the state has a dashboard on breakthrough data:

https://covid19.colorado.gov/vaccine-breakthrough
Thanks!

There's some interesting stuff there. I notice that...

The rate of vaccinated cases versus unvaccinated is higher than I expected. I was thinking that the unvaccinated rate was ten times higher, and it's only three times higher. It's interesting that the median age of the cases is so different too, but I wonder how much of that might be driven by the under-18 crowd that is more likely to be unvaxxed.

The hospitalization median age is 73 for vaccinated people, and it 1/10 the hospitalization rate for unvaccinated people. That says a lot - it's really primarily people with less robust immune systems who will get it seriously.

And then the median age of deaths is really telling. It's 1/13th of the rate for vaccinated people, but the median ages of both groups says that this is still a disease that is primarily killing vulnerable elderly people. It's a rough time to be a senior citizen.
[Reply]
NotDonger 03:32 PM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Thanks!

There's some interesting stuff there. I notice that...

The rate of vaccinated cases versus unvaccinated is higher than I expected. I was thinking that the unvaccinated rate was ten times higher, and it's only three times higher. It's interesting that the median age of the cases is so different too, but I wonder how much of that might be driven by the under-18 crowd that is more likely to be unvaxxed.

The hospitalization median age is 73 for vaccinated people, and it 1/10 the hospitalization rate for unvaccinated people. That says a lot - it's really primarily people with less robust immune systems who will get it seriously.

And then the median age of deaths is really telling. It's 1/13th of the rate for vaccinated people, but the median ages of both groups says that this is still a disease that is primarily killing vulnerable elderly people. It's a rough time to be a senior citizen.
Sure. More like 3.8 x though. And, 74.3% of the Colorado population 18 and over is fully vaccinated. Pretty telling.
[Reply]
TLO 03:48 PM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
Sure. More like 3.8 x though. And, 74.3% of the Colorado population 18 and over is fully vaccinated. Pretty telling.
You get that 3rd dose yet?
[Reply]
NotDonger 04:10 PM 11-18-2021
You get that 3rd dose yet?
I don't believe that we've ever interfaced. I'm NotDonger. It's nice to e-meet you.

No, I have not received my second boost shot yet. I've looked into getting it scheduled, but I've been told that while I'm technically eligible, there's a wait list to get the higher risk people stuck before I get a shot (intended).
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:44 PM 11-18-2021
This is the most undervalued post in this entire thread.
[Reply]
loochy 05:56 PM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
This is the most undervalued post in this entire thread.
Yeah but mRNA sounds a lot like DNA so that means they are trying to change my genes to make me magnetic for the new world order.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 06:51 PM 11-18-2021
It appears that deer carry the virus and some state wildlife departments have issued precautions to take when harvesting/butchering deer.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...lobal-pandemic

From an msn article:
The Oklahoma Wildlife Department said there is no known risk of COVID-19 exposure associated with cleaning deer or eating cooked venison. However, since deer hunting is prevalent in the state, the department has tips for handling the animal.
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection when handling harvested deer, people should follow the same guidelines recommended to reduce human-to-human transmission, such as hand washing, gloves and masks. Personal vaccination can also greatly reduce the risk of catching the virus, the department said.
The Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife has similar advice for hunters in that state. Hunters should always "avoid handling or consuming wild animals that appear sick or those found dead," "wear gloves and a face shield when handling" game, and minimize contact with the brain or spinal tissue.
"Out of an abundance of caution for COVID-19, additional preventative measures include avoiding the head, lungs and digestive tract," the division said.
Other best practices include processing game outdoors or in a well-ventilated location, handling knives carefully to prevent accidental cuts and thoroughly washing hands and sanitizing all tools. Game meat should be cooked thoroughly to an internal temperature of 165°F to kill pathogens, the division said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-...-19/ar-AAQJiy3
[Reply]
TLO 06:59 PM 11-18-2021
I'm getting concerned about the vaccine mandate and how it will impact my work.

We will have staff leaving in large numbers. And there's no reasoning with them.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:36 PM 11-18-2021
I'm getting concerned about the vaccine mandate and how it will impact my work.

We will have staff leaving in large numbers. And there's no reasoning with them.
Dang, if only there was something that could be done to keep them from leaving....
[Reply]
Page 3789 of 3903
« First < 2789328936893739377937853786378737883789 3790379137923793379938393889 > Last »
Up