ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3711 of 3903
« First < 2711321136113661370137073708370937103711 3712371337143715372137613811 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
2112 02:32 PM 09-02-2021
Had shoulder surgery Monday. At pre admission 2 weeks ago I bought my vaccination card and they said I didn’t need to be tested. Lol they tested me for covid before they put the iv in. A new 15 minute covid test. I was negative but that was a long 15 minutes
[Reply]
TLO 02:22 PM 09-03-2021
How's it going, loochy?
[Reply]
loochy 06:48 PM 09-03-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
How's it going, loochy?
This is the dumbest thing ever. He had miniscule symptoms for one day. Yesterday and today? Nada...no fever, no stuffy nose, no headache, no cough. I have nothing and wife has nothing. This morning we went for a long walk on the nature trail by the lake.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:56 PM 09-03-2021
Found out today a guy I played hockey/went to high school with died from COVID 48 not obese no major health issues , unvaccinated.
[Reply]
jdubya 08:05 PM 09-03-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
Had shoulder surgery Monday. At pre admission 2 weeks ago I bought my vaccination card and they said I didn’t need to be tested. Lol they tested me for covid before they put the iv in. A new 15 minute covid test. I was negative but that was a long 15 minutes
Last I heard elective surgeries were obsolete due to unvaccinated patients taking up all the beds. Weird :-)
[Reply]
loochy 08:19 PM 09-03-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Last I heard elective surgeries were obsolete due to unvaccinated patients taking up all the beds. Weird :-)
What the news doesn't tell you about these things is that it's at SOME places, not ALL places.
[Reply]
TLO 09:16 PM 09-03-2021
I feel like this is an appropriate place to put this.

As some of you know, I work in healthcare. I work for a large company that provides individualized care for individuals with developmental and physical disabilities. (Think of it as providing care for people that live in apartments, houses, etc. Not like a group home or RCF)

Anyway. I've worked as a lower level care manager for this company going on 4 years now. When the pandemic hit, it was obviously incredibly frightening, as the individuals we care for generally have a variety of illnesses that make them more vulnerable to all types of disease/illness.

At first I was a bit paralyzed by fear. (Just check out my early posts in this thread) But I eventually pushed through that fear and decided I would put all my energy into ensuring we were keeping our clients as safe as possible.

We were very successful in doing so. I worked tirelessly ensuring proper care was provided and policies were followed.

Apparently a lot of people took notice because I was offered a very lucrative promotion today. I was praised for my work in general, but the incredible attention to detail in keeping our clients healthy and safe was also mentioned during the meeting.

I will be stepping into the role of branch manager starting within the next month or so. This comes with a lot of responsibility, but also a very, VERY nice pay increase. I didn't realize I'd ever make it to a place with a bachelor's in social work where I'd be making this kind of money. And I'm not stopping here. I'm motivated and determined to keep climbing the ladder.

I'm happy.
[Reply]
carlos3652 09:22 PM 09-03-2021
Congratulations!
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:27 PM 09-03-2021
Congrats, TLO!
[Reply]
DaFace 09:29 PM 09-03-2021
Nice work, man. Well done.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 09:39 PM 09-03-2021

As some of you know, I work in healthcare. I work for a large company that provides individualized care for individuals with developmental and physical disabilities. (Think of it as providing care for people that live in apartments, houses, etc. Not like a group home or RCF)

Anyway. I've worked as a lower level care manager for this company going on 4 years now. When the pandemic hit, it was obviously incredibly frightening, as the individuals we care for generally have a variety of illnesses that make them more vulnerable to all types of disease/illness.

At first I was a bit paralyzed by fear. (Just check out my early posts in this thread) But I eventually pushed through that fear and decided I would put all my energy into ensuring we were keeping our clients as safe as possible.

We were very successful in doing so. I worked tirelessly ensuring proper care was provided and policies were followed.

Apparently a lot of people took notice because I was offered a very lucrative promotion today. I was praised for my work in general, but the incredible attention to detail in keeping our clients healthy and safe was also mentioned during the meeting.

I will be stepping into the role of branch manager starting within the next month or so. This comes with a lot of responsibility, but also a very, VERY nice pay increase. I didn't realize I'd ever make it to a place with a bachelor's in social work where I'd be making this kind of money. And I'm not stopping here. I'm motivated and determined to keep climbing the ladder.

I'm happy.
Congrats on that. Mind sharing which provider you work for? You can PM me if you want....
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:43 PM 09-03-2021
Hey, TLO, I’m truly happy for you. I often enjoy your posts. You seem like a genuinely good dude and I believe that good things happen to good people.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:47 PM 09-03-2021
Wichita pastor battling COVID-19 to be removed from life support

Originally Posted by :
WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - A Wichita pastor may soon lose his battle with COVID-19.

In a post on Facebook on Thursday, Christ Church-ICT said the family of Pastor Dennis Turner had been receiving treatment for complications of COVID-19 which included them using an ECMO machine. The church said doctors had informed his family that they had done all they could do for the pastor, medically. Because of that, the church said doctors would be removing all of the support he has been receiving on Friday.

“The entire family is standing firm in faith and hope that the Lord will heal Dennis and give him new lungs. They are asking for us all to come alongside and join them in this prayer, that our dear friend will be healed and breathe on his own tomorrow with new lungs,” reads the Facebook post.

The church opened Thursday night for those wishing to gather and pray for the pastor. The church said it would be open again on Friday to lift up the family and intercede for Pastor Dennis.
This is the pastor of a friend of mine's parents. Not vaccinated, otherwise healthy 58-year-old. Maybe his death will motivate some of the flock to get vaccinated.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:50 PM 09-03-2021

I'm happy.
Good stuff man, keep it up .
[Reply]
loochy 09:52 PM 09-03-2021

I'm happy.
Well that's neato. I'm glad to see some positive news for once.

Also, it's nice to finally see DOING THE RIGHT THING AND HARD WORK PAY OFF
[Reply]
Page 3711 of 3903
« First < 2711321136113661370137073708370937103711 3712371337143715372137613811 > Last »
Up