ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3693 of 3903
« First < 2693319335933643368336893690369136923693 3694369536963697370337433793 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
wazu 09:33 PM 08-25-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I think one would argue that absorbing nicotine is a choice while the vaccines are ultimatums?
Both are choices. And both have a risk level that to a health insurance company will at some point have an expected cost assigned.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:38 PM 08-25-2021
No link as I was just listening to the radio while driving but is it true that the following are places you can go to work where the jab is NOT mandated:
The White House
The CDC
The FDA
The WHO
Pfizer
modeRNA
Johnson & Johnson?

Or maybe the source was a whack job, who knows?
That is funny as a meme and given how quickly the mandates have happened was probably true at some point as customer-facing and healthcare-oriented companies started rolling out mandates.... but, no longer true. Looks like BigPharm will be doing so and federal employees are required vaccination or routine testing plus masking/social distancing/etc.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:55 PM 08-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
People were mentioning insurance surcharges earlier...

Two hundred bucks a month will probably convince a lot of people that the vaccines are safe.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:02 PM 08-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
People were mentioning insurance surcharges earlier...

Delta stepping up to help fight the delta…

I know. Low hanging fruit and all
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:35 AM 08-26-2021
No link as I was just listening to the radio while driving but is it true that the following are places you can go to work where the jab is NOT yet mandated:
The White House
The CDC
The FDA
The WHO
Pfizer
modeRNA
Johnson & Johnson?

Not sure, but I'd guess that word I added above is key. Especially considering the military just issued mandates.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:10 AM 08-26-2021
"financial risk for our company"

...it's not about your "health".

You aren't even guaranteed your health.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:16 AM 08-26-2021
No link as I was just listening to the radio while driving but is it true that the following are places you can go to work where the jab is NOT mandated:
The White House
The CDC
The FDA
The WHO
Pfizer
modeRNA
Johnson & Johnson?

That was probably true until Monday. I wouldn’t expect it to be true by next Monday.

When the authorization went out, my company (large corporate law firm) had an email out within an hour about vaccines being mandated to work in the office, and that only jobs that could be done fully virtually would be able to continue working with us if they chose not to vaccinate.

I suspect most companies to follow suit.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:21 AM 08-26-2021
Want to give a shout out to KCTV5 for coming down to Clinton yesterday and giving the handful of idiots who were protesting the schools mask mandate the attention they crave. There was like 15-20 losers protesting does that warrant a TV crew? Never mind the fact the school board sent out a survey to all parents and the results were 65% in favor of masks.

Great job.
[Reply]
wazu 07:28 AM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Want to give a shout out to KCTV5 for coming down to Clinton yesterday and giving the handful of idiots who were protesting the schools mask mandate the attention they crave. There was like 15-20 losers protesting does that warrant a TV crew? Never mind the fact the school board sent out a survey to all parents and the results were 65% in favor of masks.

Great job.
Kids who are vaccinated shouldn't have to wear masks. It's idiotic.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:53 AM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Kids who are vaccinated shouldn't have to wear masks. It's idiotic.
Kids under 12 IIRC can't get vaccinated and I doubt many of the HS age kids are in this area.

People just want to bitch.
[Reply]
wazu 07:58 AM 08-26-2021
Kids under 12 IIRC can't get vaccinated and I doubt many of the HS age kids are in this area.

People just want to bitch.
May be the case. Middle schools and high schools should present the option of vaccine instead of masks, though.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:01 AM 08-26-2021

Great job.
I'm a little skeptical of those surveys. My son has about 150 kids in his junior high. He said he thought he saw 1 girl wearing a mask this week. We are a mask optional district.
[Reply]
O.city 09:02 AM 08-26-2021
Not sure it's been posted but there's a good study out about natural infection. Holds up really well and has had less breakthru infections than vaccination only.

Best protection comes from nat infection and a single dose of vaccine.

Side effects of infection extremely higher than from vaccination. Which was always obvious.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:34 AM 08-26-2021

Great job.
As soon as I heard the news crew was coming, I was like well fuck…great. Idiots.

They were piled out there on 2nd St. again this morning.
[Reply]
TLO 09:35 AM 08-26-2021

How to manage a Delta wave?
Iceland. 78% total population fully vaccinated.
A+ pic.twitter.com/S3FPPWBFPN

— Eric Topol (@EricTopol) August 26, 2021

[Reply]
Page 3693 of 3903
« First < 2693319335933643368336893690369136923693 3694369536963697370337433793 > Last »
Up