ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3311 of 3903
« First < 2311281132113261330133073308330933103311 33123313331433153321336134113811 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 10:45 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Imagine a world where:

If you're sick, stay home

Always wash your hands

Just like every flu/cold season

Instead the entire world decided to copy China.
Oh good. We are still dealing with this shit.

Tell me: when was the last time 300,000 Americans died from seasonal influenza?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:49 AM 12-16-2020
Wearing a used mask could be worse than no mask amid COVID-19: study

https://nypost.com/2020/12/16/wearin...ovid-19-study/
[Reply]
Donger 12-16-2020, 11:14 AM
This message has been deleted by Donger. Reason: Not worth it
Monticore 11:18 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Wearing a used mask could be worse than no mask amid COVID-19: study

https://nypost.com/2020/12/16/wearin...ovid-19-study/
Minimizing the effectiveness of masks during a pandemic could also be worse that just saying absolutely nothing at all , but Pete.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:19 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Imagine a world where:

If you're sick, stay home

Always wash your hands

Just like every flu/cold season

Instead the entire world decided to copy China.
Coming into work sick is an American past time. You think people are going to burn PTO days for that?
[Reply]
Donger 11:26 AM 12-16-2020
Someone asked if there was going to be a vaccination dashboard. Sounds like it:

About 20 million people are expected to get their first shots by the end of this month. Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said officials will soon provide a dashboard with the number of Covid-19 vaccinations completed, "so we know exactly how we're doing on getting shots in arms."
[Reply]
Donger 11:37 AM 12-16-2020
And, FWIW:

“I believe by the end of February, the end of March, of course, depending on the decisions by our governors, but I believe we’ll have enough supply out there to be reaching out to the general public for administration — at your CVS, Walgreens, Kroegers — by the end of February into March,” Azar said.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:40 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
:-)

Closest hit to home for me. My cousin is in the hospital due to COVID issues. While I know we all have varying levels of concern about the virus, I just wish people would be a TINY bit conservative about it. Don't want to wear a mask? I think it's a silly take, but if you have zero symptoms, I get it. But when you have good reason to isolate...just do it already.

In this situation, my cousin's boss's wife tested positive for COVID. His boss went to work anyway because he felt fine, and he infected half of their employees (including my cousin). Separately, my aunt and uncle decided to visit my cousin a week ago, and when they got there he was fighting a "cold" (without knowing it was COVID). They stayed for the visit, but he went to get tested shortly after they left to drive home (12 hour drive). Just prior to them arriving home, he called them to tell them he was positive.

My aunt and uncle are the caregivers for my grandparents who are in their 90s, and normally they would have immediately gone over there when they got home to check on them. If the phone call had come in an hour later, there's a good chance that my 93-year-old grandpa who is on oxygen 100% of the time would now be fighting for his life.

As it is, my cousin (ex firefighter in his 40s who has asthma) is in the hospital, and my aunt and uncle are both severely lethargic. Separately (non-covid), their brother-in-law has been put into hospice, and they can't visit him in his final days.

My grandparents are fine for the time being, but there's no one to come over and help with chores. Small issue, but still.

If someone around you tests positive, just stay home for chrissakes. And if you feel like you're fighting off a cold, maybe don't have a big family gathering?

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully they cycle through it fine and stop the spread themselves.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:49 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
And, FWIW:

“I believe by the end of February, the end of March, of course, depending on the decisions by our governors, but I believe we’ll have enough supply out there to be reaching out to the general public for administration — at your CVS, Walgreens, Kroegers — by the end of February into March,” Azar said.
That would be great. Hopefully he's not full of s**t.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:51 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Minimizing the effectiveness of masks during a pandemic could also be worse that just saying absolutely nothing at all , but Pete.
:-) you are such a ****ing twat. Did you even read the article? It was talking about wearing used masks....

They really minimized it didn't they??

Originally Posted by :
“We hope public health authorities strengthen the current preventative measures to curb COVID-19 transmission, like choosing a more effective mask, wearing it properly for the highest protection, and avoid using an excessively used or expired surgical mask,” said Xi.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:52 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Closest hit to home for me. My cousin is in the hospital due to COVID issues. While I know we all have varying levels of concern about the virus, I just wish people would be a TINY bit conservative about it. Don't want to wear a mask? I think it's a silly take, but if you have zero symptoms, I get it. But when you have good reason to isolate...just do it already.

In this situation, my cousin's boss's wife tested positive for COVID. His boss went to work anyway because he felt fine, and he infected half of their employees (including my cousin). Separately, my aunt and uncle decided to visit my cousin a week ago, and when they got there he was fighting a "cold" (without knowing it was COVID). They stayed for the visit, but he went to get tested shortly after they left to drive home (12 hour drive). Just prior to them arriving home, he called them to tell them he was positive.

My aunt and uncle are the caregivers for my grandparents who are in their 90s, and normally they would have immediately gone over there when they got home to check on them. If the phone call had come in an hour later, there's a good chance that my 93-year-old grandpa who is on oxygen 100% of the time would now be fighting for his life.

As it is, my cousin (ex firefighter in his 40s who has asthma) is in the hospital, and my aunt and uncle are both severely lethargic. Separately (non-covid), their brother-in-law has been put into hospice, and they can't visit him in his final days.

My grandparents are fine for the time being, but there's no one to come over and help with chores. Small issue, but still.

If someone around you tests positive, just stay home for chrissakes. And if you feel like you're fighting off a cold, maybe don't have a big family gathering?
Sorry to hear about this DaFace. I hope your family gets better.
[Reply]
Donger 11:56 AM 12-16-2020
In case anyone is interested and wasn't aware of Pfizer's production capacity:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/14/us/pf...ine/index.html

(CNN)With about 50 million doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine coming this year and about 1.3 billion slated to be manufactured next year, Pfizer is working to meet US demands for more doses, company CEO Albert Bourla said Monday.

The 50 million doses scheduled for distribution this year have already been manufactured, the CEO said, and half will go to the United States, while the other 25 million will go to the rest of the world.

Next year, Bourla expects US and European manufacturers to create another 1.3 billion doses. Pfizer and its partner, BioNTech, are maxing out capacity on both sides of the Atlantic, he said.

Of those, about 100 milliion will go to the States in the first quarter of 2021, per an agreement between the government and the vaccine makers, and 1.2 billion will be sent to other countries, he said.

The US government would like another 100 million doses in the second quarter, but as of right now, there is no deal in place and Bourla sees the third quarter of 2021 being a more realistic target.
[Reply]
notorious 12:02 PM 12-16-2020
They are going to make 3.6 million doses....PER DAY?!

HOLY SHIT
[Reply]
Donger 12:06 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:

HOLY SHIT
Yes, but:

Of those, about 100 million will go to the States in the first quarter of 2021, per an agreement between the government and the vaccine makers, and 1.2 billion will be sent to other countries, he said.

Good thing we have the others coming soon. That's only 50 million vaccinations. We have a population of 330 million.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 12:08 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:

HOLY SHIT
They said your shift starts at 7 AM :-)

For some reason the mRNA vaccines can scale fast. I think part of it is there is no need to grow another virus which takes time
[Reply]
notorious 12:10 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, but:

Of those, about 100 million will go to the States in the first quarter of 2021, per an agreement between the government and the vaccine makers, and 1.2 billion will be sent to other countries, he said.

Good thing we have the others coming soon. That's only 50 million vaccinations. We have a population of 330 million.
Of course, but that number is eye opening.
[Reply]
Page 3311 of 3903
« First < 2311281132113261330133073308330933103311 33123313331433153321336134113811 > Last »
Up