ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 607 of 1207
« First < 107507557597603604605606607 6086096106116176577071107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:10 AM 08-27-2017
Getting ready to put in a Prime Rib for my family. Lots of pressure.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:12 AM 08-27-2017
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Last night I had Chili Dogs with Toledo Tony Packo chili. They were good, but came back for a curtain call around 3am....
The curtains? George, for shame!!
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:14 AM 08-27-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The curtains? George, for shame!!
One of my favorite Rodney Dangerfield jokes: "The only way I can make my wife scream in the bedroom is if I wipe my dick on the drapes!"
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:16 AM 08-27-2017
Kind of a bitch to slice and plate, but it's pretty fucking awesome.

[Reply]
scho63 11:18 AM 08-27-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Kind of a bitch to slice and plate, but it's pretty fucking awesome.

Looks great but too rare for me. Could it be hard to slice due to a little on the rare side? :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:23 AM 08-27-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
Looks great but too rare for me. Could it be hard to slice due to a little on the rare side? :-)

That's 134. I may not have left it in long enough, but even the wife ate all of hers. And no, it's hard to slice because of the pinwheel they did on it, plus it's really tender anyway.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:35 PM 08-27-2017
Looks good FMB
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:33 PM 08-27-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Are you even messing with sous vide on those? They look like they'd be plenty flavorful just giving them a high temp grilling from room temp to med rare.
Smoke till cooked rare then sear, screw that Sous-vide crap
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:40 PM 08-27-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Kind of a bitch to slice and plate, but it's pretty ****ing awesome.

Looks perfectly cooked

As for the wife, eat it outdoors with very little light and take the plate away before she see's the blood. She will rave about how good it was.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:54 PM 08-27-2017
I don't like to smoke my steaks. I like to have the beef standout.

Going to do a few more flat irons tonight hot and fast. If I remember I will take a pic.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:16 PM 08-27-2017
Decided to knock the rust off my chili game today, its getting to be that time of year... been a cooking fool this weekend, the fridge will be stocked with leftovers this week
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:44 PM 08-27-2017
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I don't like to smoke my steaks. I like to have the beef standout.

Going to do a few more flat irons tonight hot and fast. If I remember I will take a pic.
Flat irons, I was taught to cook those directly in the coals, flip, and then wrap in heavy foil, a towel and put into a preheated cooler for 10-15 minutes. Awesome!!!

Yes , Please post pics!! I will start doing so also when I get my hands untied and can post attachments.

So, you cook over gas... sorry laptop question mark broken. I am just too lazy to go find my electronics tools and swap it.

I'm with you on that (salt, pepper, and optional butter). You can wrap them to control the smoke, my ex mother in law (that biotch) preferred very little or no smoke (she was a fan of a cast iron skillet in coals) so I learned to wrap hers in foil and then sear it when done and it worked quite well. She said
her rib-eye tasted very good that way which made everyone's jaw drop at the table.:-)

If you cook over gas then I can understand your point as wood has a different taste to it. If you don't get much pecan, apple, or cherry, or other berry smoking wood, those sure beat the crap out of hickory or mesquite for flavor.

I personally don't think that the smoke is prevalent enough in a steak, as it's not there that long, to kill the beef's flavor, but we are all have different tastes.

Keep up the good work being true to the meat. I bet you might become a fan of dry aging your own beef, if you were to try it.

Have you ever smoked and seared using charcoal. I have a killer setup in a Weber kettle for doing that.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:34 PM 08-27-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Decided to knock the rust off my chili game today, its getting to be that time of year... been a cooking fool this weekend, the fridge will be stocked with leftovers this week
I lived this weekend on vodka and gin and tonics as I was sent some fresh, tree ripened, limes and needed an excuse to screw off all my wanna-shoulda do's on my list.

I fed myself for the whole weekend off leftover protein, smoked leftover pork loin and chicken, black bean soup; grape tomato,celery, garlic, onion, bell peppers, Roma tomatoes, zucchini and anything else I could find. I fire roasted every veggie (and some fruit)I could lay my hands on. Cooked the beans, combined everything, and simmered overnight on the smoker.

I made up a batch of "Mexican Quinoa" that someone pasted here (I can't find it now to give proper credit) using the rest of the produce I had roasted off, and some seasoning I had to get from the local Mexican grocery store. I combined everything, added boiling water to the quinoa (2-1), and cooked it in heavy sealed disposable catering container on the smoker for about 30 minutes before opening the lid and folding in some scrapes of the smoked meat and Cotija cheese. It was\is wonderful.

I hope everyone posts chili recipes as football season is upon us. I will get my "Barron's Saloon Black Bean Chili"recipe on paper so I can share it with the CP gang. It features deboned rib tips and round steak and of course black beans.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:46 PM 08-27-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I lived this weekend on vodka and gin and tonics as I was sent some fresh, tree ripened, limes and needed an excuse to screw off all my wanna-shoulda do's on my list.

I fed myself for the whole weekend off leftover protein, smoked leftover pork loin and chicken, black bean soup; grape tomato,celery, garlic, onion, bell peppers, Roma tomatoes, zucchini and anything else I could find. I fire roasted every veggie (and some fruit)I could lay my hands on. Cooked the beans, combined everything, and simmered overnight on the smoker.

I made up a batch of "Mexican Quinoa" that someone pasted here (I can't find it now to give proper credit) using the rest of the produce I had roasted off, and some seasoning I had to get from the local Mexican grocery store. I combined everything, added boiling water to the quinoa (2-1), and cooked it in heavy sealed disposable catering container on the smoker for about 30 minutes before opening the lid and folding in some scrapes of the smoked meat and Cotija cheese. It was\is wonderful.

I hope everyone posts chili recipes as football season is upon us. I will get my "Barron's Saloon Black Bean Chili"recipe on paper so I can share it with the CP gang. It features deboned rib tips and round steak and of course black beans.
chili thread :-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ighlight=chili
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:49 PM 08-27-2017
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:

You sound like a man who knows how to live
[Reply]
Page 607 of 1207
« First < 107507557597603604605606607 6086096106116176577071107 > Last »
Up