ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
In Memoriam>We lost a poster and a friend yesterday [Crazyhorse]
Chief Roundup 08:05 AM 08-12-2012
Crazyhorse has passed away. He fought a very long and hard battle. He went in to get another lung transplant, since they messed up on the first set of lungs. Well this time these lungs came with a bacteria/fungus that attacked the incisions including where these lungs were attached to his body. It was something that could not be overcome.

He will be missed.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:51 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
QFT. He has been missed
Cheers patron: "who is this . . . Coach you speaks of?"
[Reply]
Frankie 06:53 PM 08-12-2012
CH was awaiting a new lunge, wasn't he?

(I have not read the whole thread. Just found out.) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:53 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
:-) I always check out the sticky threads. Maybe I'm a minority?
I hate to take away from this thread but I agree with D.
[Reply]
milkman 06:54 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Not at all saying it shouldn't, but I actually have a theory that sticky threads get overlooked more than normal threads. That's part of why I've always hated them.
:-) I always check out the sticky threads. Maybe I'm a minority?
Like DaFace, I tend to believe they get overlooked.

I know they are almost always an afterthtought for me.
[Reply]
Frankie 06:55 PM 08-12-2012
RIP good man. Hope they show Chiefs games up in heaven.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:57 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by Frankie:
CH was awaiting a new lunge, wasn't he?

(I have not read the whole thread. Just found out.) :-) :-) :-)
Pretty sure the lung transplant happened a while back. My guess is things didn't work out as well as hoped. (But I could be wrong.)
[Reply]
Frankie 07:01 PM 08-12-2012
Pretty sure the lung transplant happened a while back. My guess is things didn't work out as well as hoped. (But I could be wrong.)
Dr. Fever correctly pointed out to me that this is in the OP. In my haste and after posting an earlier inquiring thread I tuned in and just read the first part of the OP. Thanks Dr. Fever. It IS a little embarrassing but I am in a bit of a shock by the news. :-)
[Reply]
Dr. Johnny Fever 07:04 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by Frankie:
Dr. Fever correctly pointed out to me that this is in the OP. In my haste and after posting an earlier inquiring thread I tuned in and just read the first part of the OP. Thanks Dr. Fever. It IS a little embarrassing but I am in a bit of a shock by the news. :-)
See that's why I put it in a rep so you could avoid any public embarrassment. Now you've pointed it out though, heh.

It seems like you may have been a friend of his. Sorry for your loss.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:07 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
If you weren't interacting with Logical, what WERE you doing on here. Dude was everywhere for a long time.
Jim was the bomb and I frequently think of him and how much this place misses his presence. Sure, he was a strong willed, opinionated and gruff fuck but he commanded and deserved respect.

Unlike many of the mealy-mouthed, social-networking, stupid motherfucking, Have-Nothing-To-Do-With-Chiefs, crowd.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:10 PM 08-12-2012
They botched the first one and he recently went in for another transplanet and he got an infection and died unexpectantly.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:13 PM 08-12-2012
They botched the first one and he recently went in for another transplanet and he got an infection and died unexpectantly.
I thought I read that the transplanted lung itself was infected?
[Reply]
DaFace 07:24 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm and idiot for not reading the OP carefully, but yes, that seems to be correct.

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Crazyhorse has passed away. He fought a very long and hard battle. He went in to get another lung transplant, since they messed up on the first set of lungs. Well this time these lungs came with a bacteria/fungus that attacked the incisions including where these lungs were attached to his body. It was something that could not be overcome.

He will be missed.
Pretty shitty deal. This would seem to indicate that it wasn't at all expected (though obviously a known possibility).
[Reply]
Otter 07:27 PM 08-12-2012
Damn. Sorry to hear. He'll be remembered in thoughts and prayers.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:32 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I worked as a Respiratory Therapist for 9 years. Took care of many lung transplant patients. Never heard of a lung having an existing fungus/bacteria and placing it in a serious compromised patient anyway. Doesnt make sense.

Besides rejection of the lung, infection is the #1 cause of death from lung transplants.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:47 PM 08-12-2012
I worked as a Respiratory Therapist for 9 years. Took care of many lung transplant patients. Never heard of a lung having an existing fungus/bacteria and placing it in a serious compromised patient anyway.
Was that your cover in Lebanon or Kuala Lumpur?

:-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up