ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 221
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:10 PM 04-09-2013
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
:-)
Don't you come fish around me sometimes? Sterret creek?
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:17 PM 04-09-2013
Hell I had to go run off six boats Saturday that had tied up to the dock and were all over it fishing like they owned it
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:21 PM 04-09-2013
Originally Posted by R8ers:
I dunno about that...

This is some GOOD eating

That is quite a haul....... Ya know, for a Raiders fan and all lol
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:25 PM 04-09-2013
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
That is quite a haul....... Ya know, for a Raiders fan and all lol

North Carolina country boy... No Kalifornia kook shit about me
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:09 PM 04-09-2013
Rigging out a NuCanoe for the farm pond this week. http://www.nucanoe.com/models/frontier/

Depth finder and a mount for a camera. Should be an awesome fun way to fish bluegill and bass in the pond.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:29 AM 06-11-2013
Anybody into fishing from a kayak? I got one last fall too late to use and am starting to use it and love it. Called a NuCanoe Frontier.

Amazing the size of the segment when you start reading....like a whole bother world

http://www.rapidmedia.com/ka/kayakan...m_medium=email

Thats link to a cool magazine devoted to Kayak Fishing.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:01 AM 06-11-2013
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Anybody into fishing from a kayak? I got one last fall too late to use and am starting to use it and love it. Called a NuCanoe Frontier.

Amazing the size of the segment when you start reading....like a whole bother world

http://www.rapidmedia.com/ka/kayakan...m_medium=email

Thats link to a cool magazine devoted to Kayak Fishing.
I have a 10 ft Ascend fishing kayak and I absolutely love it. I love getting exercise while fishing and being so close to the water makes it that much more fun.

I love how you can customize and add things to them as well such as anchors and fish finders. They are great for bass fishing in tight shallow water areas because you maneuver effortless without disturbing anything and scaring off the fish.

Did you get a sit-on-top or sit-in kayak?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:17 AM 06-11-2013
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I have a 10 ft Ascend fishing kayak and I absolutely love it. I love getting exercise while fishing and being so close to the water makes it that much more fun.

I love how you can customize and add things to them as well such as anchors and fish finders. They are great for bass fishing in tight shallow water areas because you maneuver effortless without disturbing anything and scaring off the fish.

Did you get a sit-on-top or sit-in kayak?

Its a sit on top/hybrid I guess one calls it....NuCanoe Frontier 12 foot. Amazing to have surface hits from bass so close to the boat. Have not mastered stand up fishing yet but I will get that down. There is a dealer south of KC and they have been very helpful as well as some othe NuCanoe owners in the area.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:24 AM 06-11-2013
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Its a sit on top/hybrid I guess one calls it....NuCanoe Frontier 12 foot. Amazing to have surface hits from bass so close to the boat. Have not mastered stand up fishing yet but I will get that down. There is a dealer south of KC and they have been very helpful as well as some othe NuCanoe owners in the area.
Yeah I love being that close to the action. It is cool to see a fish 10 feet from you that has no idea you are there and you can watch the whole hit unfold.

I have a sit-in kayak. I don't know that I ever would have stood up if I bought a sit-on-top but I think I do wish I would have gotten one just for the ease of getting in and out.

I just checked out the NuCanoe and that looks really awesome. Definitely looks like it has the best of both worlds.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:00 AM 06-11-2013
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Yeah I love being that close to the action. It is cool to see a fish 10 feet from you that has no idea you are there and you can watch the whole hit unfold.

I have a sit-in kayak. I don't know that I ever would have stood up if I bought a sit-on-top but I think I do wish I would have gotten one just for the ease of getting in and out.

I just checked out the NuCanoe and that looks really awesome. Definitely looks like it has the best of both worlds.
Got to see a 21 inch bass swim up, circle and then totally happier a topwater bait on Saturday. Needless to say....very fun and a couple beers had to be consumed after that.

Going to manitoba next week and wish like hell the lodge had a NuCanoe! Imagine a 40 inch Northern that close!
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:26 AM 06-11-2013
Stocked my pond today.

The race is on to the 8lb bass.
[Reply]
The Poz 10:54 AM 06-11-2013
We're booked for my buddies cottage up on Lake Muskoka for next weekend. Beers, golf, BBQ, swmming and fishing.

45.0333° N, 79.6000° W

Plenty of small and large mouth Bass, Walleye, Trout, Northern Pike and Musky. I have yet to land a Musky bu I'm not sure I'm prepared for one of those monsters.

[Reply]
ptlyon 11:38 AM 06-11-2013
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Stocked my pond today.

Sweet. Good job Iowa
[Reply]
El Jefe 11:38 AM 06-11-2013
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Stocked my pond today.

8lbs would be a nice lunker.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:47 AM 06-11-2013
This little movie will put a smile on your face:

from SouthFace Media Group Inc. on Vimeo.

[Reply]
Page 59 of 221
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up