ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 191 of 221
« First < 91141181187188189190191 192193194195201 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:15 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Nice! That had to be a pretty old fish to grow to that size that far north. Montana has been killin it this year.
Yup, first the record trout and now this

Smallies are SO athletic, what a fight that must've been
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 03:17 PM 03-15-2021
Flying me and my pop up to Missoula to fly fish the Skwala hatch in early April on the Bitterroot + Clark rivers.

Anyone have experience up there? How was the trip?
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:08 PM 05-16-2021

[Reply]
Rasputin 09:09 PM 05-16-2021
Goddammit I'm ready to go fishing but finally going Tuesday to the lake. This is the longest I've ever gone without going fishing and it bumbs me out.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:53 PM 05-16-2021
I set the circle into a rich lawyer last week.

He's taking me into deep water, but he doesn't know I already have his home and work address. I'm letting the line run to buy some time until he plays out and slips up by letting me know he's away from home. It won't be long and I'll be setting the drag with some live snapper action and ripping his ass back to the surface during the fishing trip he told me about. My boys are on the net and have the gaff in hand. It's just a matter of time before we land this whale.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:40 AM 05-17-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I set the circle into a rich lawyer last week.

He's taking me into deep water, but he doesn't know I already have his home and work address. I'm letting the line run to buy some time until he plays out and slips up by letting me know he's away from home. It won't be long and I'll be setting the drag with some live snapper action and ripping his ass back to the surface during the fishing trip he told me about. My boys are on the net and have the gaff in hand. It's just a matter of time before we land this whale.
... :-)?
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:50 PM 05-20-2021
It's fucking cold feels like March not May

Heeeere fishy fishy fishy
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:26 AM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
It's ****ing cold feels like March not May

I'm about 4 days away from finishing a remodel I've been working on for a year and then it's a solid 30 days in my boat .I'm so needing to gooooooo.
[Reply]
loochy 08:53 AM 05-21-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
It's fucking cold feels like March not May

Enjoy it

Soon it will be hot as shit and you won't want to be out sweating your ass off and you'll be relegated to fishing dawn, dusk, and night.
[Reply]
Dartgod 05:06 PM 05-28-2021
I haven't even wet a line yet this year. Too much work and home stuff going on.

However, I do have a fair amount of crappie filets in my freezer and I am cooking a fwe up for dinner tonight. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:46 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I haven't even wet a line yet this year. Too much work and home stuff going on.

However, I do have a fair amount of crappie filets in my freezer and I am cooking a fwe up for dinner tonight. :-)
Sounds great, DG... can we get some dinner pics?
[Reply]
stumppy 08:33 PM 05-28-2021
It's rained too damn much around here. Been almost impossible to find the time to go on a day when it's not raining. Even if I could, my favorite rivers and creeks are too damn high. AAAaaauuuurrrrgggghhhh!:-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:40 PM 05-28-2021
It's rained too damn much around here. Been almost impossible to find the time to go on a day when it's not raining. Even if I could, my favorite rivers and creeks are too damn high. AAAaaauuuurrrrgggghhhh!:-)
I went this morning and storms caused heavy waves and I gave up by 10 oclock. ugh!
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:50 PM 05-28-2021
Spring has been a joke for over a decade now, there is no spring anymore...

We lurch from pure winter into a cold and rainy late winter that is supposed to be spring that drags on and on, then finally snaps directly into sweltering 90+ degree summer days sometime in June
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:31 PM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Sounds great, DG... can we get some dinner pics?
Too late, but it was damn good.
[Reply]
Page 191 of 221
« First < 91141181187188189190191 192193194195201 > Last »
Up