ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 150 of 221
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
stumppy 10:02 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Guess so much for Kayaking for this guy o.n this trip. Holy shit that was more than I bargained for. I underestimated the river and the rocks were assholes. So my kayak is against rocks and the current was too much for me to get in out that time

I was a human pinball in a pinball machine but at least I had fun but I conceded to the river and has to walk 3sh miles to the destination where my friend was waiting to pick me up.

Holy Shitballs that was nuts. Now I need a new kayak to do it again.
Damn, that sucks.
Kinda surprised you'd jump right into white water after only just starting kayaking. As you've found out, not a good idea.
Glad you're OK and only your pride......and kayak were hurt.
[Reply]
loochy 10:07 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Damn, that sucks.
Kinda surprised you'd jump right into white water after only just starting kayaking. As you've found out, not a good idea.
Actually, it was really dumb (if he went where I think he did).

Dude, did you even research it before hopping in?

This movie was shot on May 21, so conditions were most likely similar to what you experienced, right?

[Reply]
Rasputin 10:28 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Damn, that sucks.
From the road didn't look white water and it was shallow torain I didn't think it would be nearly that bad and I fought big waves on Lake Wilson with my kayak and thought to myself it couldn't be that bad. Wrong lol. On the flip side had I started just three miles is a location for kayaking taking it easy it would have been much better for me.

I underestimated the river that is all.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:34 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
Actually, it was really dumb (if he went where I think he did).

Dude, did you even research it before hopping in?

This movie was shot on May 21, so conditions were most likely similar to what you experienced, right?

I didn't think it was that bad but bad enough and a few times I'd let my kayak go in front of me. It was a bitch to get the water out on the sides of the river. It was nuts. Probably up three top five dangerous or stupid things I've tried. But nevertheless it was fun.
[Reply]
loochy 11:10 AM 06-05-2018
So it was the Rio.....:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:41 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
So it was the Rio.....:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Si amigo
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:48 AM 06-05-2018
Got scratches and bruises all over my legs but I only hit muh head once on a rock. That didn't feel good but no blood so I was fine.
[Reply]
ottawa_chiefs_fan 12:22 PM 06-05-2018
Just got back from my annual trip to northern quebec - 85 walleye in 4 days between my son and I. Plus a bunch of northern pike. Was awesome - first night was 30 degrees C, then NW wind blew in and went down to 4 degrees C by final night. crazy, but did not impact fishing that much surprisingly.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:23 PM 06-05-2018
Got scratches and bruises all over my legs but I only hit muh head once on a rock. That didn't feel good but no blood so I was fine.
Glad your OK. It easily could have turned out badly.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:24 PM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by ottawa_chiefs_fan:
Just got back from my annual trip to northern quebec - 85 walleye in 4 days between my son and I. Plus a bunch of northern pike. Was awesome - first night was 30 degrees C, then NW wind blew in and went down to 4 degrees C by final night. crazy, but did not impact fishing that much surprisingly.
What bait did you use to catch walleye ?
[Reply]
RockChalk 02:22 PM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
What bait did you use to catch walleye ?
I'm guessing a mix of frozen shiners and/or chubs. It's what we use every time I've fished up there this time of year
[Reply]
RockChalk 02:24 PM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by ottawa_chiefs_fan:
I'm headed up to LoW with my brother, dad, and some other family/friends here in a few weeks. Frickin pumped! We've been pulling in about 100+ walleye per boat (3 to 4 fishers in boat), per day the last few years. There is no walleye fishing like Canadian walleye fishing
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:30 PM 06-05-2018
Guess so much for Kayaking for this guy o.n this trip. Holy shit that was more than I bargained for. I underestimated the river and the rocks were assholes. So my kayak is against rocks and the current was too much for me to get in out that time

I was a human pinball in a pinball machine but at least I had fun but I conceded to the river and has to walk 3sh miles to the destination where my friend was waiting to pick me up.

Holy Shitballs that was nuts. Now I need a new kayak to do it again.
Daaang man, sounds pretty hairy, great story... dont go risking your life or anything, though :-)
[Reply]
loochy 06:24 PM 06-05-2018
Yeah, but did you find any trout? The rio has a lot of almost-virgin water and some nice, strong,and large fish.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:59 PM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Daaang man, sounds pretty hairy, great story... dont go risking your life or anything, though :-)
Probably good thing I left the kayak down engulfed in the rocks so I wouldn't try that again this week lol
[Reply]
Page 150 of 221
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200 > Last »
Up