ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 221
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:02 PM 03-16-2016
I'm ready get out there. Tried four hours last week at Cedar Bluff and nothing nadda zilch think the water temps just need get some warmth before anything starts to happen.

It's cooled off again this week :-) I really need get some fishing in this week is my sons spring break so we will be going sometime probably this weekend at my spots on Lake Wilson.

I was wanting go out of state fishing like lake of the Ozarks but that's not happening going wait to save money for later this summer for a big trip.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:56 PM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I'm ready get out there. Tried four hours last week at Cedar Bluff and nothing nadda zilch think the water temps just need get some warmth before anything starts to happen.

It's cooled off again this week :-) I really need get some fishing in this week is my sons spring break so we will be going sometime probably this weekend at my spots on Lake Wilson.

I was wanting go out of state fishing like lake of the Ozarks but that's not happening going wait to save money for later this summer for a big trip.
I feel ya, I'm ready for some action as well

Actually busted out my pole and went to the lake today for the first time since last fall (temporarily laid off, grain prices are in the crapper)... no luck, wind was blowing like hell and it was quite a bit cooler than yesterday
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:57 PM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
These fish made for great fights.
Very noice, thats a fat ol' striper
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:03 PM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Very noice, thats a fat ol' striper
They are definitely feeding agressively. They were all fat like that. Catching them once every 3-4 casts. I just hope they don't eat themselves full before I get back on Friday. I'm a bit concerned that Friday will be a cooler day though.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:10 PM 03-16-2016
I feel ya, I'm ready for some action as well

Actually busted out my pole and went to the lake today for the first time since last fall (temporarily laid off, grain prices are in the crapper)... no luck, wind was blowing like hell and it was quite a bit cooler than yesterday

About two years ago in March I was so damned determined to fish but it was 50mph winds. I got out there with waves and waded out there about waist deep but I was a man on a mission. I caught two large mouth bass that day and good size each. OMG that was crazy shit I could have easily drowned by myself. I couldn't believe my luck catching them beautiful fish. That was also one of the most fun fishing days I've ever had but with my COPD this year I don't think I should press my luck.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:16 PM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
They are definitely feeding agressively. They were all fat like that. Catching them once every 3-4 casts. I just hope they don't eat themselves full before I get back on Friday. I'm a bit concerned that Friday will be a cooler day though.
Every 3-4 casts, man thats a field day

About two years ago in March I was so damned determined to fish but it was 50mph winds. I got out there with waves and waded out there about waist deep but I was a man on a mission. I caught two large mouth bass that day and good size each. OMG that was crazy shit I could have easily drowned by myself. I couldn't believe my luck catching them beautiful fish. That was also one of the most fun fishing days I've ever had but with my COPD this year I don't think I should press my luck.
LOL, bah... Danger is your middle name, nothing risked nothing gained

Now get out there and risk your life again!
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:21 PM 03-16-2016
Every 3-4 casts, man thats a field day

LOL, bah... Danger is your middle name, nothing risked nothing gained

Now get out there and risk your life again!
:-) KC Danger Tattoo that's kinda got a ring to it.

:-)
[Reply]
bdj23 06:43 PM 03-16-2016
I just bought my fishing license today.

$36 for it and a 3 pole permit.

Wtf Kansas?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:16 PM 03-16-2016
I first read COPD as PTSD. I was thinking that must have really been some intense fishing.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:31 PM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by BDj23:

Wtf Kansas?
Wow, shiver me timbers... Illinois is actually decent about something, only $15 here
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:42 PM 03-16-2016

Wtf Kansas?

Yeah no shit it went up 10 bucks from last year :-)
[Reply]
bdj23 08:55 PM 03-16-2016
The trout stamp was another $14.50 on top of that!
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:10 PM 03-16-2016
The trout stamp was another $14.50 on top of that!

This pisses me off even more wtf do we have to have a trout stamp?

Altho if I want to go trout fishing I'd like do that in Colorado but I don't want to spend $14.50 for a trout stamp here in Kansas that's just dumb.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:14 PM 03-16-2016
This pisses me off even more wtf do we have to have a trout stamp?

Altho if I want to go trout fishing I'd like do that in Colorado but I don't want to spend $14.50 for a trout stamp here in Kansas that's just dumb.
I think it's just because they spend so much time and money on that species. I know walleye and a few others get extra treatment but just from my observations I think the trout take much more energy. It's probably only viable if they get enough people legally targeting them.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:18 PM 03-16-2016
I don't buy the stamp, because I'd have to go out of my way to catch them. I only know of two spots (lake Henry, and lake Shawnee) that stock them. If it was like $5, sure, why not? But I'm not wasting $15 on one.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 221
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151201 > Last »
Up