ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
The Lounge>Everson Griffen in mental troubles
F150 10:30 AM 11-24-2021
This shit is seriously bad. Hope they can get him help soon.


pic.twitter.com/2wSGWYGJIe

Here is the Everson Griffen video he posted last night. Hope the Minnesota Vikings security personnel got to him in time.

— David (@UnFadeable21) November 24, 2021

[Reply]
Rasputin 08:29 PM 11-24-2021
That's the kind of patients I sometimes work with. Paranoia Schizophrenic I'm not diagnosing him with that but it's very scary. I see people walking along then just start yelling at no one there and go the fuck off hard to deal with for sure.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:42 PM 11-24-2021
brother is going to work it out though. Godspeed bud. Prayers up and out to him.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:45 PM 11-24-2021
I've seen patients with eyes like that and that look and cannot reason with reality they also get extra strength when in that state of mind.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:03 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
That's the kind of patients I sometimes work with. Paranoia Schizophrenic I'm not diagnosing him with that but it's very scary. I see people walking along then just start yelling at no one there and go the fuck off hard to deal with for sure.
The absolute first thought that popped in my head was schizophrenia. I worked in the DD field many years ago though, so I'm not as conditioned to see things like I used to, but man did that bring back memories that I've seen that look of absolute terror before. Like you said, that may not be it, but it sure as hell looks like it.

I've seen similar in my life when someone is tripping out on meth but never with that level of physical control.

Either way, hope he finds the help he needs.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:43 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
The absolute first thought that popped in my head was schizophrenia. I worked in the DD field many years ago though, so I'm not as conditioned to see things like I used to, but man did that bring back memories that I've seen that look of absolute terror before. Like you said, that may not be it, but it sure as hell looks like it.

I've seen similar in my life when someone is tripping out on meth but never with that level of physical control.

Either way, hope he finds the help he needs.
He will be in a secure lock down facility I'm sure and they will draw lab and check his medication levels and evaluate and hope he can get back and grasp reality. My guess he felt good and stopped taking meds that kept him at a stable state of mind. That's how we get most repeat patients just because they stopped taking meds. I'm case in point for myself needing meds or I'll go off the deep end again.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:44 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Any word on the people who are after him
Ask Jussie Smollett
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:55 AM 11-25-2021
Jesus I'd hate to be apart of staff that had to put him in a restraint chair if he went off. I've been apart of those and it's not a fun thing and he would be a beast.

We had to put a guy in the chair that was all roided up. he went berserk because he lost his scholarship to a juco college for roids. I knew it was bad when he kicked one of the safety security in the nuts and he went flying. Some how we got him in the chair and only a million casualties.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:43 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
He will be in a secure lock down facility I'm sure and they will draw lab and check his medication levels and evaluate and hope he can get back and grasp reality. My guess he felt good and stopped taking meds that kept him at a stable state of mind. That's how we get most repeat patients just because they stopped taking meds. I'm case in point for myself needing meds or I'll go off the deep end again.
I've seen more than one person with Bipolar behaving in the same fashion. They love the mania and how it feels, but it really messes with their grip on reality.
[Reply]
scho63 08:10 AM 11-25-2021
That's a really bad situation. Hope the guy gets the help he needs.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:48 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Jesus I'd hate to be apart of staff that had to put him in a restraint chair if he went off. I've been apart of those and it's not a fun thing and he would be a beast.

We had to put a guy in the chair that was all roided up. he went berserk because he lost his scholarship to a juco college for roids. I knew it was bad when he kicked one of the safety security in the nuts and he went flying. Some how we got him in the chair and only a million casualties.
Oof yes. We had a guy pick up a refrigerator and toss it through the front door of a house once. Insane strength. You don't want to end up on the wrong side of something like that.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:03 PM 12-03-2021
In his first public comments since he was taken by ambulance for mental health treatment on Nov. 24, Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen announced on social media that he has been living with bipolar disorder.

"It's true I am bipolar," he wrote on Instagram. "I will embrace it and I will be an advocate for mental health. I been running from it a long time. I'm not ashamed of it anymore."


Griffen wrote his struggles with bipolar disorder started when his mother, Sabrina Scott, died unexpectedly while visiting him in the Twin Cities in October 2012.

"Went into a dark place, thought I was great for many years," he wrote. "I promise this time I will do everything the experts say. I love my family and I miss my friends. Thank you for all the love and support, but most of all thank you for all the prayers."

The 33-year-old is currently on the non-football illness list while he receives mental health treatment, after an impasse with police where he refused to come out of his home for several hours. Griffen called 911 shortly after 3 a.m. from his Minnetrista home on Nov. 24, saying someone was with him and that he needed help from law enforcement. He also told the dispatcher that he fired one round but nobody was wounded, police said; they added no intruder was found.

The same day, Griffen had posted, then deleted, a video on Instagram saying people were trying to kill him as he held a gun in his hand.

He was alone inside the house, with police outside, until he emerged willingly and agreed to be taken for treatment. Vikings mental health professionals assisted for several hours.

Griffen also spent four weeks undergoing mental health treatment in 2018 after two incidents that September — one at the Hotel Ivy in downtown Minneapolis, the other at his home in Minnetrista — prompted police involvement. He later revealed he lived in a sober house for the remainder of the 2018 season. Griffen returned to play 17 of the Vikings' 18 regular-season and postseason games in 2019; he spent 2020 with Dallas and Detroit, and he has posted five sacks this season after the Vikings brought him back on a one-year deal in August.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:19 PM 12-03-2021
Dang it, Dalvin. Now you've put us all in danger.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 11:02 AM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
How does he legally have a handgun after the mental illness issues in 2018?
I think only if he was involuntarily committed for a significant period (i.e. the state had to petition the court to have the ability to make medical decisions on his behalf)
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 02:25 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I've seen more than one person with Bipolar behaving in the same fashion. They love the mania and how it feels, but it really messes with their grip on reality.
I myself am bipolar. When I read the part about him not sleeping for several days, I concluded the same as you.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up