ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 209 of 219
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:51 AM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
No thanks. Whatsoever.

DJ Smith is the correct call and the one I assume they'll make.
Willy does not appreciate your negativity

[Reply]
kepp 07:57 AM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Looks like Mizzou finished 8th in the final AP Poll....not bad for a team predicted to finish at the bottom of the SEC ladder.
How in the world did Florida State only drop one after that shellacking? They should be no higher than 10th.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:49 AM 01-10-2024
No thanks. Whatsoever.

DJ Smith is the correct call and the one I assume they'll make.
And we are still getting defensive guys out of the Portal. We got the 4* kid from 'Bama yesterday.

Smith was the Co-DC and recruiting coordinator. He's clearly a big part of the defensive coaching staff so it seems a promotion is something of a no-brainer.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:11 PM 01-10-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And we are still getting defensive guys out of the Portal. We got the 4* kid from 'Bama yesterday.

Smith was the Co-DC and recruiting coordinator. He's clearly a big part of the defensive coaching staff so it seems a promotion is something of a no-brainer.
Agreed.

Hey, you may have answered previously and I missed it, but how was the Cotton Bowl? I hope you had a great time!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:32 PM 01-10-2024
Agreed.

Hey, you may have answered previously and I missed it, but how was the Cotton Bowl? I hope you had a great time!
Great trip, for sure.

I mean that first half was just booooooring but it was fascinating because I just never thought Ohio State could score. The whole time I'm sitting there saying "man, just a single TD and it's probably ballgame..."

And when Mizzou started to slowly break through in that 3rd quarter, it felt over even when they were lining up for a FG to go up 6-0. They missed it and it was on from there.

It took a little doing to make sure I wasn't just watching the game on that giant screen, though. You really had to remind yourself to watch the field because that screen is somethin' else.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:59 PM 01-10-2024
Great trip, for sure.

I mean that first half was just booooooring but it was fascinating because I just never thought Ohio State could score. The whole time I'm sitting there saying "man, just a single TD and it's probably ballgame..."

And when Mizzou started to slowly break through in that 3rd quarter, it felt over even when they were lining up for a FG to go up 6-0. They missed it and it was on from there.

It took a little doing to make sure I wasn't just watching the game on that giant screen, though. You really had to remind yourself to watch the field because that screen is somethin' else.
Two really good defenses had to be fun to watch, even with little scoring. I assume all the pregame stuff was awesome as well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:08 PM 01-10-2024
Two really good defenses had to be fun to watch, even with little scoring. I assume all the pregame stuff was awesome as well.
Yeah, pre-game was pretty slick.

Man, Ohio State does lean into the villain role, well. Lit that place up with red lights and they just carry an ominous sort of storm trooper vibe about them. Mizzou's was much more 'we are Mizzou' and that sort of basic rah rah stuff. It clearly wasn't OSU's first rodeo.

Regarding the gameplay - sometimes it was impressive defense but man, sometimes it was just bad offense. That first half was just 2 boxers that seemed to be dancing around the ring and hoping the other guy would drop his guard. But then they weren't in a punchers stance anyway so guard or no guard, neither guy was gonna ring the other's bell.

It was just a lot of really uninspired, cautious gameplay. And frankly some fairly lazy officiating at times that was also kinda frustrating.

At least in the 2nd half, even when a play didn't work, the teams did look to be TRYING to move the ball. I just didn't get that same feeling in the 1st half.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:29 AM 01-12-2024
So everyone is turning Bama down….

Drink’s name has been thrown around as a possible candidate here and there…

If DeBoer says no, I’d start to wonder…not saying he’d take the job or they’d hire him but they’d be down the list at that point, who’s taking it? They aren’t hiring Kiffin or Dabo.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:33 AM 01-12-2024
That’s a big decision for any coach. Saban has almost impossible shoes to fill and the expectations are playing in the NC game at minimum. The pay might be great, but the timeline for success will also be very short.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:39 AM 01-12-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
So everyone is turning Bama down….

Drink’s name has been thrown around as a possible candidate here and there…

If DeBoer says no, I’d start to wonder…not saying he’d take the job or they’d hire him but they’d be down the list at that point, who’s taking it? They aren’t hiring Kiffin or Dabo.
They aren't offering Drink :-)
[Reply]
Jerm 11:40 AM 01-12-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Ok if it gets past DeBoer, who are they hiring that would be better?

I’m all ears….
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:42 AM 01-12-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Ok if it gets past DeBoer, who are they hiring that would be better?

I’m all ears….
It’s not looking good. I feel a because Mizzou on the horizon.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:45 AM 01-12-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
The timing works out nice for us.

Another couple years at/near this level from Mizzou (cart before the horse, I know) would have Drink as a real candidate for that job.

But this is the first year he's really put himself in this tier of coaches. I don't think he'd really be on their radar yet. I almost wonder if they wouldn't start looking at an NFL guy as a placeholder for a Lincoln Riley sort to emerge down the line.

Some of these rejections come, IMO, from just not wanting to be the guy that replaces Saban. If/when this hire fails, you'll have a much broader pools of coaches who want to be the coach who replaces the guy who replaced The Guy.

If you have Drink concerns, THAT'S the hire that should worry you. Not this year, but in 3 years if the replacement in question doesn't have some CFP success on his resume.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:18 PM 01-12-2024
Looks like it’s DeBoer…whew.

I think he’s a good coach but this feels like Harsin the sequel if I’m being honest….
[Reply]
blake5676 01:31 PM 01-12-2024
Great trip, for sure.

I found myself doing the same. First time at Jerry World and the screen lived up to the hype. We were in the back of the 200 level at about the 15 yard line so it was just so much easier to look up when anything was near midfield or beyond toward the other endzone.

It didn't really need reinforcing for me, but football in a dome just isn't the same. I've been to plenty of games at the Edward Jones Dome in STL and had that opinion already pretty firmly entrenched, but even in a badass new stadium it still lacks atmosphere. I guess if you don't have a home stadium like Arrowhead it might be different, but after going to Chiefs games for the past 30 years I don't think I'll even get on board with indoor football. I'm also skipping out tomorrow for that exact reason (outdoors) though :-)
[Reply]
Page 209 of 219
« First < 109159199205206207208209 210211212213 > Last »
Up