ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Best 75 players all time NBA - The Russell Scale
lawrenceRaider 06:24 AM 10-20-2021
Aside from Chamberlain far too low, I like the list. I also feel that Russell had the advantage of belonging to the best team of his era, which puts Chamberlain at a disadvantage as a great player with lesser teammates. I also disagree that Russell is the best player, but he is probably the best teammate of all time and it is a team game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-bill-ru...151952462.html
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:29 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Scottie Pippen ahead of Isiah Thomas is someone's ultimate attempt at trolling Isiah Thomas. Scottie was a great player but he wasn't the main man.
The list is a joke and appears to too heavily weigh championships won. Surprised Robert Horry isn't way up there.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:40 PM 10-20-2021
I don't hate the list at all and appreciate people trying to quantify the accomplishments and put out a list. It's certainly better than simple opinion.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:47 PM 10-20-2021
TK13 will come along to tell us how Scottie Pippens bulls almost went to the finals!
[Reply]
njchiefs 05:11 PM 10-21-2021
No Pistol Pete? No credibility.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:08 PM 10-21-2021
1. Wilt
2. Jordan
3. LeBron
4. Kobe
5. Abdul-Jabbar
6. Oscar Robertson
7. Shaq
8. Magic
9. Curry
10. Greg Ostertag
[Reply]
Miles 10:25 PM 10-21-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
TK13 will come along to tell us how Scottie Pippens bulls almost went to the finals!
Pippin was pretty good in NBA Jam.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:23 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
1. Wilt
2. Jordan
3. LeBron
4. Kobe
5. Abdul-Jabbar
6. Oscar Robertson
7. Shaq
8. Magic
9. Curry
10. Greg Ostertag
Wilt is too 10 but absolutely not even in the discussion for top 3. Its Kobe, MJ and Lebron. You can argue about their order but those top 3 are pretty much set in stone with their accomplishments. Wilt was a product of his size at the perfect time in basketball. If he played in todays game he’d be good, but they wouldn’t allow him to put up the statistics that he did. People forget that Wilt was a worse free throw shooter than Shaq. That’s why he never had that clutch gene to take over a game like MJ, Kobe and Lebron did. I see you have Ostertag in your top 10, though, so who knows if you were being serious with your list or not….
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:14 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Wilt is too 10 but absolutely not even in the discussion for top 3. Its Kobe, MJ and Lebron. You can argue about their order but those top 3 are pretty much set in stone with their accomplishments. Wilt was a product of his size at the perfect time in basketball. If he played in todays game he’d be good, but they wouldn’t allow him to put up the statistics that he did. People forget that Wilt was a worse free throw shooter than Shaq. That’s why he never had that clutch gene to take over a game like MJ, Kobe and Lebron did. I see you have Ostertag in your top 10, though, so who knows if you were being serious with your list or not….
I think people greatly undervalue Wilt's athleticism. He wasn't just tall, he was also very fast, and had guard like movement skills.

Google his track and field exploits. Sub 11 second 100.

In a different time, he probably would have developed his shooting game, but there was no 3 point line, so no value to shooting deep really. A guy like Wilt would still dominate today's game.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 05:27 AM 10-22-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I think people greatly undervalue Wilt's athleticism. He wasn't just tall, he was also very fast, and had guard like movement skills.

Google his track and field exploits. Sub 11 second 100.

In a different time, he probably would have developed his shooting game, but there was no 3 point line, so no value to shooting deep really. A guy like Wilt would still dominate today's game.
He couldn’t develop a simple free throw shot. There isn’t anyone in the history of the NBA with an uglier free throw shot than Wilt. What makes you think he could have figured out the 3 point shot?!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:06 AM 10-22-2021
He couldn’t develop a simple free throw shot. There isn’t anyone in the history of the NBA with an uglier free throw shot than Wilt. What makes you think he could have figured out the 3 point shot?!
What, you think kids starting earlier in life with learning actual basketball skills wouldn't help? Wilt was a late comer to basketball, FYI, and in that era, they probably never even bothered with teaching him to shoot. Totally different world now.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:24 AM 10-22-2021
What, you think kids starting earlier in life with learning actual basketball skills wouldn't help? Wilt was a late comer to basketball, FYI, and in that era, they probably never even bothered with teaching him to shoot. Totally different world now.
Exactly. It is a totally different world now. That’s what I was trying to say. I suppose in your alternate reality where he could shoot you could put him as your #1 overall, but you just admitted the guy never even bothered learning how to shoot the ball. No way does someone like that deserve to be ranked above MJ, Lebron, or Kobe.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:28 AM 10-22-2021
No Robert Horry....no list.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:38 AM 10-22-2021
Exactly. It is a totally different world now. That’s what I was trying to say. I suppose in your alternate reality where he could shoot you could put him as your #1 overall, but you just admitted the guy never even bothered learning how to shoot the ball. No way does someone like that deserve to be ranked above MJ, Lebron, or Kobe.
?? I'm not sure what you are tying to argue. Even with the issues, Wilt is/was a better player than Russell.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 07:49 AM 10-22-2021
As far as the best I've seen play from a pure skill standpoint:

1. Jordan
2. LeBron
3. Bird
4. Magic
5. Olajuwon
6. Abdul-Jabbar
7. Barkley
8. Bryant
9. Curry
10. Iverson

Honorable mention: Durant, Shaq, Dominique Wilkins, Isiah Thomas, Karl Malone, Drexler, Russell Westbrook, Joe Dumars, Dwayne Wade, David Robinson
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:51 AM 10-22-2021
?? I'm not sure what you are tying to argue. Even with the issues, Wilt is/was a better player than Russell.
I’m simply saying the top 3 are MJ, Lebron, and Kobe. You can argue about the order, but having anyone over those 3 is just a ridiculous list.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up