ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Best 75 players all time NBA - The Russell Scale
lawrenceRaider 06:24 AM 10-20-2021
Aside from Chamberlain far too low, I like the list. I also feel that Russell had the advantage of belonging to the best team of his era, which puts Chamberlain at a disadvantage as a great player with lesser teammates. I also disagree that Russell is the best player, but he is probably the best teammate of all time and it is a team game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-bill-ru...151952462.html
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:01 AM 10-20-2021
Except for the whole Bill Russell thing and Wilt as you pointed out..that's a pretty good list.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 07:08 AM 10-20-2021
Russell and the Celtics teams from the 50s and 60s are overrated because there were less than a dozen teams in the NBA.

Wilt Chamberlain tied with Dirk Nowitzki? That's a joke.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:15 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Russell and the Celtics teams from the 50s and 60s are overrated because there were less than a dozen teams in the NBA.

The Celtics from that era had the best team. They were absolutely loaded and super deep.

Swap in Chamberlain for Russell and they win at least the same amount of championships, maybe more.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 07:21 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
The Celtics from that era had the best team. They were absolutely loaded and super deep.

Swap in Chamberlain for Russell and they win at least the same amount of championships, maybe more.
Agreed, they obviously had the best team at the time, but those teams wouldn't sniff the playoffs today.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:23 AM 10-20-2021
Swap 2 and 4 and that list makes sense.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:36 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Swap 2 and 4 and that list makes sense.
:-) 6 post in and Pablo cast out the bait.
[Reply]
sully1983 07:44 AM 10-20-2021
I'm pleasantly surprised that Dirk Nowitzki is listed really high. One of my favorite all time NBA memories was when Dirk punked Lebron's Miami Heat "super team" in the NBA finals. Dirk totally owned them and made Lebron cry like a little bitch haha. Good times
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:05 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I'm pleasantly surprised that Dirk Nowitzki is listed really high. One of my favorite all time NBA memories was when Dirk punked Lebron's Miami Heat "super team" in the NBA finals. Dirk totally owned them and made Lebron cry like a little bitch haha. Good times
That was the series that catapulted him to the next level IMO. He didn't just win but put on quite a show over a supposed unbeatable super team. Such a good, classy dude to.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:06 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Dirk was amazing both in talent and in the fact that he never left Dallas hunting for titles.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:20 AM 10-20-2021
Kobe Bryant is ranked too high.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 09:31 AM 10-20-2021
I'm very happy with Tim Duncan's placement.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:50 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:

The NBA back then had the same amount of contenders as today. Not very many.

You're ignoring there were many great players then who didn't play for the Celtics. Wilt, Oscar, West, Baylor, Pettit, Thurmond, just to list a few. The Celtics dynasty is impressive because they took titles away from these other players and teams.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:22 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
The NBA back then had the same amount of contenders as today. Not very many.

You're ignoring there were many great players then who didn't play for the Celtics. Wilt, Oscar, West, Baylor, Pettit, Thurmond, just to list a few. The Celtics dynasty is impressive because they took titles away from these other players and teams.
I'm not saying they weren't good, I'm saying they are overrated IMO. It was a dynasty built in a time of an 8 team league and no free agancy.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:36 AM 10-20-2021
Scottie Pippen ahead of Isiah Thomas is someone's ultimate attempt at trolling Isiah Thomas. Scottie was a great player but he wasn't the main man.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up