ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jones maybe back Sunday
Hammock Parties 02:00 PM 10-19-2021

Per @bobfescoe: The #Chiefs are optimistic Chris Jones will return this Sunday vs the Titans.

— 610SportsKC (@610SportsKC) October 19, 2021

[Reply]
gblowfish 03:23 PM 10-19-2021
Last week WFT had three sacks on Mahomes, Chiefs had ZERO. No Big Mac for you!!! BTW: I noticed I haven't seen the Chris Jones Big Mac commercial on TV lately. Guess they're re-shooting it with Mike Danna...
[Reply]
BossChief 03:24 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If the Defense is “fixed” from benching Sorensen for Thornhill and moving Jones back inside, it’s really going to be hard for me to make the “coaches know better than the fans” argument again.

I always assume there is something the coaches see that we don’t to justify some of these odd decisions. These two moves seem pretty obvious given the early returns of the season.
It’s simple.

They absolutely never saw us adding Jarran Reed at DT and when they did, it made the most sense to move a DT to DE to balance the line. Similar to what Andy talks about with the OL putting “the best 5 guys on the field” philosophy.

It was absolutely worth taking a swing at it and it’s a shame Jones at DE didn’t work both times they tried (brief stint in 2018) but it’s gonna be nice having his disruptive talents back where they are most effective. Let’s just hope the days of “selling out for a sack, leaving wide open running lanes” are over and he is a smarter DL. If not, Derrick Henry is about to have a career game.
[Reply]
Shaid 03:28 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Is Mike Pennel starting?

Sigh. We miss that guy way more than is recognized.
Yes we do.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:32 PM 10-19-2021
It's interesting to me that they're already pulling the plug on the DE experiment.

Jones must have hated it as much as I originally did.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:38 PM 10-19-2021
It was a dumb fucking idea to start out with...

Rams - “let’s move arron Donald to DE”

That sounds just as retarded as what we did
[Reply]
Ken Bone 03:43 PM 10-19-2021
His spirit doesn’t like Derrick Henry so doubtful he will be back.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:46 PM 10-19-2021
If the Defense is “fixed” from benching Sorensen for Thornhill and moving Jones back inside, it’s really going to be hard for me to make the “coaches know better than the fans” argument again.

I always assume there is something the coaches see that we don’t to justify some of these odd decisions. These two moves seem pretty obvious given the early returns of the season.
At least we aren't waiting until the end of the season to attempt change like that fag Sutton in 2018.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:46 PM 10-19-2021
Back or not, it won't make any difference if he lines up at DE.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:46 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The source that relayed the Thornhill news last week is now telling me Jones is going back to DT.
Is your source Burt Vreech!?!?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:49 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Is your source Burt Vreech!?!?
It's probably Marty. And no, he doesn't actually have insider info.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:49 PM 10-19-2021
its gonna be a boom fest against Henry with Gay and Bolton
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 03:52 PM 10-19-2021

Like lots of things in life, you can be too close to the situation to see the big picture. I think everyone, even good coaches are guilty of this.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:52 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's probably Marty. And no, he doesn't actually have insider info.
Incorrect.

We are signing Mercilus, so Jones has to go back inside.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 03:54 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Is Mike Pennel starting?

Sigh. We miss that guy way more than is recognized.
I was lowkey upset we couldn't keep him. Made such a difference in the run game.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:58 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Incorrect.

We are signing Mercilus, so Jones has to go back inside.
Last time you tried this gimmick it failed miserably.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up