ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Gift ideas needed!
luv 12:17 PM 10-19-2021
My dad is turning 70 on Friday. I am usually one of the best gift givers around, regardless of whether is cheap or expensive. For some reason I'm drawing a total blank, and I'm running out of time!

Chiefs fan, post office retiree, and plays golf.

No, I'm not getting him a Chiefs putter cover or golf towel or something. He already has that stuff, and I'm thinking something better with it being his 70th birthday.

Any gift ideas in the $100-200 range? Is there a super nice golf course somewhere that I could buy him a round to play with some of his buddies?

I broke down and asked him what he wanted, and he said, "To be 60 again." Since I can't do that, I've got to think of something.
[Reply]
luv 08:02 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by Balto:
Maybe a quick Dad/son trip?

1st: Tour of Arrowhead
2nd: Topgolf in Overland Park
He doesn't talk to his son anymore, but I thought about a stadium tour with me and my kiddo.
[Reply]
luv 08:03 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by Renegade:
Luv is there something you want to tell us?
:-)
[Reply]
luv 08:07 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Pretty much the way it works with my parents. If they want or need something, they go get it.
Yeah. I think this is my problem. He's no millionaire, but he's definitely not hurting. If he wants/needs something, he usually just goes and gets it.

I may message his siblings and see if they might want to get together this weekend. Maybe for dinner after the Chiefs game Sunday.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:11 AM 10-20-2021
Print up and mail to him a fake coupon/certificate good for a round of golf with a Chief player that's only good on his birthday, and then when it arrives too late to redeem it just blame the Post Office.
[Reply]
Otter 11:14 AM 10-20-2021
Family photo of his offspring done professionally.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up