ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Gift ideas needed!
luv 12:17 PM 10-19-2021
My dad is turning 70 on Friday. I am usually one of the best gift givers around, regardless of whether is cheap or expensive. For some reason I'm drawing a total blank, and I'm running out of time!

Chiefs fan, post office retiree, and plays golf.

No, I'm not getting him a Chiefs putter cover or golf towel or something. He already has that stuff, and I'm thinking something better with it being his 70th birthday.

Any gift ideas in the $100-200 range? Is there a super nice golf course somewhere that I could buy him a round to play with some of his buddies?

I broke down and asked him what he wanted, and he said, "To be 60 again." Since I can't do that, I've got to think of something.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:10 PM 10-19-2021
nothing better than a bit of money in the pocket

in a gift bag with an edible

that way you can feel like you are giving a gift.

it might make him at least feel 60 for a few hours.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:14 PM 10-19-2021
WARNING! Link is NSFW. Click at your own risk!

https://www.dearlady.us/Bam-Huge-Rea...ny/p/DJ00282N/
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10-19-2021, 01:16 PM
This message has been deleted by Mr. Plow. Reason: I'm and idiot and don't know how to NSFW something correctly
Dartgod 01:20 PM 10-19-2021
YO! How about wrapping some NSFW tags around those links?

Thankfully I did not click on them.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:23 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
YO! How about wrapping some NSFW tags around those links?

Thankfully I did not click on them.
Oops..... got it......

Never mind.... guess I don't know how to do it. :-)
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 01:28 PM 10-19-2021
Get him a Leatherman. Old dudes love Leathermans.
[Reply]
Renegade 01:30 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I was going to suggest a round of golf somewhere, but you already had it on your list.

Since you mentioned Top of the Rock..... me & a bunch of guys are headed to Big Cedar next year for a golf trip. There are 5 course there ranging in price, but from what I've been told, are all worth the cost to play.

Payne's Valley - $325 per person; 19 hole courseThis is Tiger's course. There is no real club house. My buddies tell me not worth the price tag. I haven't been on it yet
Ozark National - $250 per person; 18 hole courseNice Course, not worth the price tag
Buffalo Ridge - $175 per person; 18 hole courseLong Course, out of Bass Pro stable of courses, this is my favorite
Top of The Rock - $150 per person; 9 hole courseAwesome Par 3 course.
Views are incredible

Mountain Top - $95 per person; 13 hole short courseNice concept of only 13 holes. Par 3 walking course only
If you want to do Bass Pro property, this is another unique way to have some fun.

https://bigcedar.com/attractions/sho...demy/#packages
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:31 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
WARNING! Link is NSFW. Click at your own risk!
That's a really good deal!
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:49 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Renegade:
If you want to do Bass Pro property, this is another unique way to have some fun.

https://bigcedar.com/attractions/sho...demy/#packages
Very cool. Might look into that if we have time when we're out there.

Thanks for the info on the courses as well.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 02:23 PM 10-19-2021
LJS Platter
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:24 PM 10-19-2021
God dammit now in hungry for LJS
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:36 PM 10-19-2021
Does he have an XFactor autograph yet?
[Reply]
Stinger 03:00 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I was going to suggest a round of golf somewhere, but you already had it on your list.

Since you mentioned Top of the Rock..... me & a bunch of guys are headed to Big Cedar next year for a golf trip. There are 5 course there ranging in price, but from what I've been told, are all worth the cost to play.

Payne's Valley - $325 per person; 19 hole course
Ozark National - $250 per person; 18 hole course
Buffalo Ridge - $175 per person; 18 hole course
Top of The Rock - $150 per person; 9 hole course
Mountain Top - $95 per person; 13 hole short course
Payne's Valley and Ozark National are wonderful. Buffalo Ridge is a also great just not to the level of PV or ON. Mountain Top is fun. Top of the Rock is overrated IMO. Great Driving range and first 5 holes are good with a lake view on a couple of hole, but still it is a nine hole par 3 . IMO would rather play Buffalo Ridge twice then Top of the Rock for about the same amount of $$$.

Should be a great golf trip. Side course that is fun that doesn't get the publicity that those others get is Branson Hills. Fun course (https://www.bransonhillsgolfclub.com/)
[Reply]
HayWire 03:31 PM 10-19-2021
You or he cook?

Got an idea for you

Pm me
[Reply]
TLO 03:49 PM 10-19-2021
Air fryer
[Reply]
CatinKS 04:38 PM 10-19-2021
I learned from my parents that material things and "Stuff" is less important as you get older. They really enjoyed when the whole family was together. I don't know if you have other siblings, but if not a special meal and spending an afternoon together is worth $$$$ more than some item.

My parents lived in a 100 year of house, drove old vehicles and passed away with several hundred thousand in the bank. It's people not shinny items that make people feel fulfilled. My parents were happier than most people I know with a million dollars.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up