ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Nzoner's Game Room>Props to Darrell Williams
Bl00dyBizkitz 02:04 PM 10-17-2021
Like a lot of you have already said, he seems to fit the style of running our team needs. Had good vision, too.

As much as I wanted CEH to succeed, I don't mind eating crow as long as someone else can pick up the slack. Great game from him today.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:06 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Darrel was not getting the holes CEH was getting in that Philly game.

He did a very good job with the holes the OL opened, which weren't always huge.
He's good at avoiding penetration in the backfield and finding that crease that requires just a small cut to get to.

Here's a good example of this:

This was only a 5-yard gain, but it could have been a 2-yard loss.
Look at him drag this dude eight ****ing yards
:-)

This run is a thing of beauty. Seven yards after contact. I think he made 3 different cuts here.

HE GOOD

1 whole year ago almost to the day :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:10 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't even know that that's true. It'd certainly be nice to have a Jamaal or Kareem back there, but I'm not sure it's strictly necessary for the way we run our offense.

As I've said before, the issue is just that CEH isn't worth the draft pick we had to spend on him. No argument there. But that doesn't mean that he's inherently bad. It just means he hasn't lived up to expectations. That's more on Veach than it is on Clyde.
Well in a way you're right. We top the list of most advanced offensive metrics so it's tough to say any particular offensive position "needs to be upgraded".

But, due to the way we run our offense, I'd like a more explosive back. Darrel is a career backup who is averaging 3.4 YPC while Clyde is underwhelming and appears to be injury prone.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't think our RBs are league average.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:11 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
1 whole year ago almost to the day :-)
That Clyde is gone and never coming back.

Sorry your baby doll is broken.
[Reply]
-King- 03:12 PM 10-19-2021
I don't even know that that's true. It'd certainly be nice to have a Jamaal or Kareem back there, but I'm not sure it's strictly necessary for the way we run our offense.

As I've said before, the issue is just that CEH isn't worth the draft pick we had to spend on him. No argument there. But that doesn't mean that he's inherently bad. It just means he hasn't lived up to expectations. That's more on Veach than it is on Clyde.
I think even if he were a 3rd round pick we'd be disappointed. He's been given truck size holes to run through and is just barely putting up average numbers. A decent runningback would be thriving with the light boxes defenses throw at us and the line blocking the line has given us.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:15 PM 10-19-2021
This thread is bumfuck retarded.

I've always been a Darrell Williams guy, but he did nothing last game that CEH can't do.

Ya'll are just seeing what you wanna see to convince yourselves that you're right.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:17 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I think even if he were a 3rd round pick we'd be disappointed. He's been given truck size holes to run through and is just barely putting up average numbers. A decent runningback would be thriving with the light boxes defenses throw at us and the line blocking the line has given us.
CEH was ass in game 1.

He was good (his running was, fumbles be what they are) all the way till the Bills game in which the Oline was complete dog shit in the run game.

This is a busted, bullshit narrative.

Brace your anus for when CEH is your starting tailback again.
[Reply]
TEX 03:18 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This thread is bum**** retarded.

I've always been a Darrell Williams guy, but he did nothing last game that CEH can't do.

Ya'll are just seeing what you wanna see to convince yourselves that you're right.
Doubt CEH scores on the two yard TD run. He'd have gotten stuffed.
[Reply]
TEX 03:20 PM 10-19-2021

Exactly the case.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:32 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Let me know when he scores a rushing TD. :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 08:37 AM 10-20-2021
That is a far smaller cut with not as much explosion.
Exactly how much explosion did Williams create if the guys he was changing directions on didn't even have to dive to get a hand on him and tackle him? He got arm tackled from the upper body. Explosion my ass.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:44 PM 11-15-2021
Wow. Priestlike.

Darrel Williams became the first tailback in franchise history to record 9+ catches, 100+ receiving yards and a receiving TD in a single game ��https://t.co/u23tUQ2vJF

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) November 15, 2021

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:59 PM 11-15-2021
DWill is a UFA after this season.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:27 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
DWill is a UFA after this season.
I'd bring him back in a heartbeat as excellent depth, he seems like a guy who knows where he fits in the pecking order, and won't be asking for the moon and stars... locker room sunshine, team guy etc etc
[Reply]
poolboy 04:18 PM 11-17-2021
Im thinking that the D. Will catch was the play of the year so far
[Reply]
carcosa 02:06 AM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Im thinking that the D. Will catch was the play of the year so far
I'm thinking Arby's
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up