ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Props to Darrell Williams
Bl00dyBizkitz 02:04 PM 10-17-2021
Like a lot of you have already said, he seems to fit the style of running our team needs. Had good vision, too.

As much as I wanted CEH to succeed, I don't mind eating crow as long as someone else can pick up the slack. Great game from him today.
[Reply]
-King- 10:47 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
People are just trying to be happy and enjoy what we think is a more productive running game. So how about you just fuck off and let us enjoy ourselves in what has largely been a shitty season. Not sure why it's such a problem for some people to let us enjoy it.

If you can't understand that there's more to the game than stats, then that's on you.

You've always been arrogant, now you're just being a dick about it.
Why do you think that if you don't think Williams was all that great on Sundays, that that makes you a CEH fan or think CEH is better?

Newsflash, they're both bad starting running backs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:52 PM 10-18-2021
clyde would have had half the yardage darrel got in that game - he has no power
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:08 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
clyde would have had half the yardage darrel got in that game - he has no power
Seems like his biggest asset is carrying tacklers with that Smurf center of gravity. His yards after contact is probably pretty good. Problem is too much contact because he either misses or is too slow to daylight.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:15 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Exactly. He was a waste of 1st rounder. RB's grow on trees in the later rounds.

If he was drafted in the 5th round, no one would be upset with CEH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
jd1020 08:51 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why do you think that if you don't think Williams was all that great on Sundays, that that makes you a CEH fan or think CEH is better?

Newsflash, they're both bad starting running backs.
CEH isn't bad. He's just not 1st round good.

Darrell Williams, on the other hand, is 2nd contract questionable.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:10 PM 10-19-2021
I have NEVER seen CEH make a cut like this.

One of the things Williams brings to the table. He can set up his cutback. He follows the hole as called. But as soon as the backer over commits and gives up the cutback lane. He immediately takes advantage of it. #Chiefs #JacobsEyeInTheSky pic.twitter.com/t44pl1YYtH

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 19, 2021

[Reply]
DaFace 02:14 PM 10-19-2021
:-)

Took me 30 seconds to find this one.

That cutback is nasty! �� Clyde Edwards-Helaire is going to be a problem for defenses #NFLKickoff #KCvsHOU pic.twitter.com/ar1YY4Bct4

— Davey Hudson (@Davey_Hudson) September 11, 2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:17 PM 10-19-2021
Not the same. Cutting into hole at the LOS vs cutting in the open field vs one guy is a whole different ballgame.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:23 PM 10-19-2021
Not the same. Cutting into hole at the LOS vs cutting in the open field vs one guy is a whole different ballgame.
I don't see anything different. Clyde starts by running slightly to the right. He cuts back to the left at the LoS and then breaks a guys ankles before scoring a TD.

I guess the difference would be CEH didnt get tackled by the 2nd line of defense.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:47 PM 10-19-2021
Looks to me like the run was supposed to go off of RG, and he cut it back.

But whatever. Mind you I'm not trying to argue that CEH is great. I just don't understand why everyone is drooling over Darrel having one game where he did things that most backs in the league should be capable of doing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:48 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I don't see anything different. Clyde starts by running slightly to the right. He cuts back to the left at the LoS and then breaks a guys ankles before scoring a TD.

I guess the difference would be CEH didnt get tackled by the 2nd line of defense.
That is a far smaller cut with not as much explosion.
[Reply]
-King- 02:50 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Looks to me like the run was supposed to go off of RG, and he cut it back.

But whatever. Mind you I'm not trying to argue that CEH is great. I just don't understand why everyone is drooling over Darrel having one game where he did things that most backs in the league should be capable of doing.
Exactly. They went from being mad that CEH turns 20 yard runs into 5 yard runs but suddenly a guy getting 3 yards is being celebrated. Makes no sense
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:53 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I just don't understand why everyone is drooling over Darrel having one game where he did things that most backs in the league should be capable of doing.
Right. I think Darrel is a great 3rd down back, but he is not the guy you want as your feature back.

I think Clyde sucks but it's not like Darrel is great himself. Unfortunately the position needs to be upgraded.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:59 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Exactly. They went from being mad that CEH turns 20 yard runs into 5 yard runs but suddenly a guy getting 3 yards is being celebrated. Makes no sense
Darrel was not getting the holes CEH was getting in that Philly game.

He did a very good job with the holes the OL opened, which weren't always huge.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:00 PM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Right. I think Darrel is a great 3rd down back, but he is not the guy you want as your feature back.

I think Clyde sucks but it's not like Darrel is great himself. Unfortunately the position needs to be upgraded.
I don't even know that that's true. It'd certainly be nice to have a Jamaal or Kareem back there, but I'm not sure it's strictly necessary for the way we run our offense.

As I've said before, the issue is just that CEH isn't worth the draft pick we had to spend on him. No argument there. But that doesn't mean that he's inherently bad. It just means he hasn't lived up to expectations. That's more on Veach than it is on Clyde.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up