ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 73
« First < 17576364656667 68697071 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
TLO 05:10 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So.... he got his girlfriend pregnant?
[Reply]
wazu 05:34 PM 10-20-2021
Really feels like we got cheated out of 6 more guaranteed years of dysfunction.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:43 PM 10-20-2021
:-)

It's always "ok, next play"
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:55 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
:-)

It's always "ok, next play"
Not according to Josh Jacobs.
[Reply]
Sofa King 06:19 PM 10-20-2021
That sounds good to me. Hopefully it's easier to have "bad plays" because they can just get on to "the next play".
[Reply]
Eureka 06:44 PM 10-20-2021
Raiders played much better without Jon around. At least this last game.

They have the Eagles, bye, and then @Giants next few weeks.

Then it will be a big SNF game against the Chiefs in LV. Raiders could very well be 6-2 heading into a game with confidence in beating a team they match very well with. Raiders seem to have a different attitude with Jon gone ala "the next play".
[Reply]
stevieray 07:06 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Not according to Josh Jacobs.
Redundant.
[Reply]
arrwheader 07:36 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Raiders played much better without Jon around. At least this last game.

They have the Eagles, bye, and then @Giants next few weeks.

Then it will be a big SNF game against the Chiefs in LV. Raiders could very well be 6-2 heading into a game with confidence in beating a team they match very well with. Raiders seem to have a different attitude with Jon gone ala "the next play".
Seen a lot of teams rally after those HC gets shit canned only to come back to disarray the next game.

Doubt it will last because regardless of how the team feels, they just lost their head coach over a quarter of the way into the season. Things will change but change in the middle of the season and that will prove difficult.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 07:51 PM 10-20-2021
Remember when Romeo took over for Todd Haley and we beat the Packers.

Yeah that was awesome.

[Reply]
jettio 07:58 PM 10-20-2021
If Greg Olson is good at game planning and play calling without Gruden, Raiders are likely to be a better team without Gruden.

Gruden being uptight and high strung was good for Raiders in late 1990's when they had been loose and undisciplined before he got there, but his way is not great.

Raiders went to Super Bowl the year that Gruden left. If that team did not miss his sourpuss, why would this year's Raiders team miss him?
[Reply]
jd1020 08:58 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Remember when Romeo took over for Todd Haley and we beat the Packers.

Yeah that was awesome.

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:03 PM 10-20-2021
Just win baby?
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 10:29 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
If Greg Olson is good at game planning and play calling without Gruden, Raiders are likely to be a better team without Gruden.

Gruden being uptight and high strung was good for Raiders in late 1990's when they had been loose and undisciplined before he got there, but his way is not great.

Raiders went to Super Bowl the year that Gruden left. If that team did not miss his sourpuss, why would this year's Raiders team miss him?
I agree,i dont get what makes Gruden such a good coach anyway,esp. this second time around.Also FTR,i didnt even know ''Deuce'' Gruden was a thing,but i guess he remains with the Raiders.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:04 PM 10-20-2021
All the coaches and all the Raiders know Grudens playbook so it’s all about game planning and execution. I think the Raiders go as far as Carr goes for better or worse. What will be interesting is what happens at the end of the year. Promote from within and keep continuity or does Mayock hire from the outside and the 20 year rebuild continues?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:02 PM 10-21-2021
I liked Grudens attitude and the way he ruffled the Chief fans feathers but with that said he was too old school in his play calls and would not use his weapons. I don't like retreads normally and hell we have fans screaming for Del Rio back .... If this coach does not make it I want a young coach and not a retread.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 73
« First < 17576364656667 68697071 > Last »
Up