ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 26
« First < 121819202122 23242526 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Defense thread***
BigRedChief 08:08 PM 09-21-2021
Discuss all things defense

When you're so bad at run defense you make it a legitimately good choice to run the ball at you consistently, that's pretty impressive(ly bad). https://t.co/hFnQIuLKqe

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) September 21, 2021

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:05 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
While he's whining, Honey Kitty needs to look in the mirror.
he had a chance several times to legally light up Allen and chose not to. He has changed and or others just want it more now.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:19 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
he had a chance several times to legally light up Allen and chose not to. He has changed and or others just want it more now.
He's lost his edge perhaps...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:31 AM 10-12-2021
Or he's making business decisions during a contract year, though if he pulls a disappearing act this season ala Clark I can't imagine that's going to help his next contract too much.
[Reply]
-King- 12:14 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
*drafts biggest steal in entire draft*

Fucking Brut Varsity can't draft!!!!
I give credit to Cassidy Kaminsky for Trey Smith.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:16 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I give credit to Cassidy Kaminsky for Trey Smith.

[Reply]

JPH83 03:30 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think hes done really well drafting in the later rounds. Needs to be better in early rounds and he's lost a lot of picks for guys like mahomes Clark and brown. Needs to go back to dumpster diving which is how we got guys like ward, Pennel, and breeland for dirt cheap.

I also think it's on coaches to ask for the right things. It's no surprise Reid did well with OL and less well with WRs many of whom are serviceable WRs who can block and play STs. Just as it's no surprise spags did well with CBs but goes after slow plodding LBs.

But point being, veach has responded really well in the past to crises. Let's see how he responds to this one.
Think this is a very fair point, these things probably have to be seen as a combination. Probably the same with additions like Reed. Veach may have evaluated poorly, but hard to imagine it was his suggestion to move Jones to DE.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:30 PM 10-15-2021
Please be true …..

Per source, Juan Thornhill has been taking 1st team reps this week over a certain player who shall not be named..

— Chiefs Outsider (Chris) (@chiefs_outsider) October 15, 2021

[Reply]
TEX 07:49 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Or he's making business decisions during a contract year, though if he pulls a disappearing act this season ala Clark I can't imagine that's going to help his next contract too much.
That's exactly what's going on.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:49 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
There's not a single defensive player I would be upset about cutting or trading this off season
From the Time's Ours podcast.......

The season is 30% over, a month. Who was it? Einstein, that said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:50 PM 10-20-2021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 01:00 PM 10-20-2021
Okay can any DC make this defense work with Neimann and a DL that has no pass rush talent except Jones, who is currently out?

Spags has been really good with the secondary. Sneed, Landlord, Breeland, Fenton, Thornhill and even Hughes in his role.

If your pass rush sucks it won’t matter who your coordinator is
[Reply]
BossChief 01:23 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Okay can any DC make this defense work with Neimann and a DL that has no pass rush talent except Jones, who is currently out?

Spags has been really good with the secondary. Sneed, Landlord, Breeland, Fenton, Thornhill and even Hughes in his role.

If your pass rush sucks it won’t matter who your coordinator is
We signed a DT that had 10 sacks 2 years ago and is young.
We have a DT that had 16 sacks not too long ago
We paid 100m for a DE that consistently got 10 sacks each year prior to getting to KC
We have 2-3 back 7 players that are highly effective blitzers.

KC is paying elite money to House snd Daly…they’ve been given the pieces, it’s up to them to put them in position to have similar success as they had elsewhere.

Honestly, let’s stop making excuses and start expecting results.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:46 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We paid 100m for a DE that consistently got 10 sacks each year prior to getting to KC

KC is paying elite money to House snd Daly…they’ve been given the pieces, it’s up to them to put them in position to have similar success as they had elsewhere.

We're also paying pretty elite money to Clark, perhaps he should shoulder some of the blame for his game absolutely disintegrating. I'm not defending the coaches, but Reed hasn't been useful for 2 years and Clark looks like he can barely move - I doubt anyone's getting a lot from him. Players frequently step backwards and it's not always the coaches - wear and tear, time catching up etc. I think there's enough blame to go around - signing Reed, switching Jones, players looking unprepared, players looking just dog-turd. Coaching is part of it but so is talent regression.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:40 PM 10-20-2021

Originally Posted by JPH83:
We're also paying pretty elite money to Clark, perhaps he should shoulder some of the blame for his game absolutely disintegrating. I'm not defending the coaches, but Reed hasn't been useful for 2 years and Clark looks like he can barely move - I doubt anyone's getting a lot from him. Players frequently step backwards and it's not always the coaches - wear and tear, time catching up etc. I think there's enough blame to go around - signing Reed, switching Jones, players looking unprepared, players looking just dog-turd. Coaching is part of it but so is talent regression.
Lots of wasted money on that DL.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:47 PM 10-20-2021

We also paid Matt Cassel a lot of money and gave him an offensive coach. The finger needs to be pointed at the players too.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 26
« First < 121819202122 23242526 >
Up