ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Okafor re-signs
Tribal Warfare 11:30 AM 07-20-2021

Free agent pass-rusher Alex Okafor is signing back with the #Chiefs, source said. He gets a 1-year deal and will return to KC, his home for the last two seasons.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 20, 2021

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:48 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
He apparently didn't like Andy Reid, and left on bad terms from both sides.
Where'd you hear that at?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:56 PM 07-20-2021
Pass rush is gonna ****in suck this season.

I dont expect much at all from Clark.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:00 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Doubt he really has much personal animosity towards Reid, but the Chiefs organization as a whole? Wouldn't shock me one bit.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:05 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We are absolute ass at DE
Again, I'm not saying we're great, but even with Frank Clark playing we're ass at the position.

The Chiefs know they will occasionally have to rely on their scouting and youth in order to tread water at a given position from time to time. This is one of those times. The fact that they've largely been planning on it gives me a little bit of hope that they're confident they can get the production they need from the interior.

It's risky. At best we're just okay at DE (assuming Jones plays well when he splits out and someone like Danna takes a significant step) and at worst we're going to be downright wretched. But it's a risk we have to take. The offseason gave us no other options for acquiring better talent at the position. And we simply weren't going to reach in the draft for one singular position on a player we were meh on when so many other great things could be done with those draft picks (specifically Creed Humphrey and Nick Bolton)
[Reply]
sedated 01:05 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I heard that specific line when they were talking about it on the radio this morning, but was half asleep so didn't hear the source. There was definite animosity toward Dorsey and even the medical staff for his knee situation, but maybe carried over to Reid.

Houston looked pissed off and out for revenge when Indy played the Chiefs, it wasn't exactly a warm homecoming.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:10 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

Yep, could be seeing a lot of shootouts- like 2018 season
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:10 PM 07-20-2021

I watched Clark a lot last year. He would take off upfield, and the tackle would either push him out as the QB stepped up in the pocket, or, he'd run himself out of the play and they'd screen pass right to the area he vacated. He runs himself out of the picture over and over. Just not effective at all.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:10 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by :
Taco Charlton earned a pressure on 21.4% of his pass-rushing snaps.
Taco staying healthy would go a long way to this group overachieving.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:15 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
I heard that specific line when they were talking about it on the radio this morning, but was half asleep so didn't hear the source. There was definite animosity toward Dorsey and even the medical staff for his knee situation, but maybe carried over to Reid.

Houston looked pissed off and out for revenge when Indy played the Chiefs, it wasn't exactly a warm homecoming.
I defended Houston for years on this board, but any player who has made the money he has and couldn't see the brilliant thing we were building in KC with Mahomes and refused to compromise any of his cash to be a part of it simply doesn't care about winning the way this team does.

And there's nothing wrong with that. It's a job. A livelihood. He's sacrificing his body and potentially years off of his life in this job, so if money speaks that much louder than glory for him, I can't find fault with it.

I just hoped he'd have the understanding to just say, "Nothing personal, it's just a business" and walk away. If he actually resents Andy Reid, KC, or anything else about this team, the dude's got some selfishness issues he should think about checking at the door if he wants to continue earning that precious precious money he holds so dear
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:22 PM 07-20-2021
PRINT EM
[Reply]
Bowser 01:25 PM 07-20-2021

We are going to have a top 3 blitzing defense this year. Our offense is going to put up points behind our shiny new line and teams are going to play a LOT of catch up against us.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:32 PM 07-20-2021

Why do you think this? We have two of the best interior pass rushers in the entire NFL in Jones and Reed. Clark is going to play and he has shown in the past that he is a good pass rusher and I expect him to have a ton of incentive to perform based on his uncertain future after the season.

Then you have Dana, Kaindoh, Okafor, Charlton, and kicking Jones out to DE on obvious passing downs as options on the other side. Not to mention a lightning fast outside backer in Gay and good blitzing safeties in Honey Badger and Dirty Dan.

The pass rush will be fine.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:36 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Why do you think this? We have two of the best interior pass rushers in the entire NFL in Jones and Reed. Clark is going to play and he has shown in the past that he is a good pass rusher and I expect him to have a ton of incentive to perform based on his uncertain future after the season.

Then you have Dana, Kaindoh, Okafor, Charlton, and kicking Jones out to DE on obvious passing downs as options on the other side. Not to mention a lightning fast outside backer in Gay and good blitzing safeties in Honey Badger and Dirty Dan.

The pass rush will be fine.
People seem to think you can only get pressure from the outside, and only from your edge rushers.

There’s a reason the Rams have overachievers on the edge every year….
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:49 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Yep, could be seeing a lot of shootouts- like 2018 season
The pass rush was pretty bad last year and they still weren't close to that 2018 ridiculousness.

It's an issue but it's not THAT big of one.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 07-20-2021, 01:49 PM
This message has been deleted by ChiefAshhole1056. Reason: Incorrect
CasselGotPeedOn 01:54 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Wouldn’t be mad at bringing Clowney along as well at this point.
He signed with Cleveland in April.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up