ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Witt promoted to Omaha (and driving across Nebraska really sucks)
allen_kcCard 09:25 PM 07-18-2021
I saw in my fantasy news feed Witt Jr was promoted to AAA. How long before joining the bigs you all think?
[Reply]
tredadda 12:53 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Hmm.... I've made that drive going west, and there was a sign indicating we were crossing the divide. That was over 20 years ago, though. I assume somebody stole it and nobody noticed or gave enough of a shit to replace it.

Some general thoughts on driving:

Worst drive I've made is I-70 between Topeka and Denver.
Worst traffic is Washington DC, followed closely by New York City and Atlanta.
Most confusing place to drive is Boston.
Worst drivers are in California.
Suggested new state slogan for Nebraska - Better Than Kansas! They should put it on license plates.
Nope, that sign is legit. Just made that drive East going from Washington to Colorado and it was there. Surprised me as there were no mountains in site.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:54 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Nope, that sign is legit. Just made that drive East going from Washington to Colorado and it was there. Surprised me as there were no mountains in site.
I must have misread your post.
[Reply]
backinblack 01:04 PM 07-21-2021
glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Nebraska just may be the most boring state to drive across, although the vastness of West Texas gives it a run for it's money.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:19 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by backinblack:
glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Nebraska just may be the most boring state to drive across, although the vastness of West Texas gives it a run for it's money.
I don't mind long drives of nothingness as long as there's interesting views to break up the monotony. The drive between Denver and Los Angeles is mostly nothing, but it even the truly empty parts were interesting. Colorado west of Denver is pretty much stunning the entire way, Utah is like being on another planet, and while I'm sure the deserts of Nevada and eastern California would get dull in a hurry, it was so completely different from anything I'd seen before it was still interesting. The thing about Kansas is that it's empty and there's nothing to look at - just wheat-covered flat ground slowly rising toward a high horizon, which, when finally reached, reveals more wheat-covered flat ground slowly rising toward another high horizon, hour after hour after hour. I assume it's better now that speed limits are higher. The drive between Chicago and various points in Missouri that I've made a thousand times is fairly awful, but now that I can safely traverse it at 80 MPH it doesn't suck nearly as much.

Never been to Texas.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:36 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I don't mind long drives of nothingness as long as there's interesting views to break up the monotony. The drive between Denver and Los Angeles is mostly nothing, but it even the truly empty parts were interesting. Colorado west of Denver is pretty much stunning the entire way, Utah is like being on another planet, and while I'm sure the deserts of Nevada and eastern California would get dull in a hurry, it was so completely different from anything I'd seen before it was still interesting. The thing about Kansas is that it's empty and there's nothing to look at - just wheat-covered flat ground slowly rising toward a high horizon, which, when finally reached, reveals more wheat-covered flat ground slowly rising toward another high horizon, hour after hour after hour. I assume it's better now that speed limits are higher. The drive between Chicago and various points in Missouri that I've made a thousand times is fairly awful, but now that I can safely traverse it at 80 MPH it doesn't suck nearly as much.

Never been to Texas.
Texas has vast amounts of nothing. Be glad you have been able to avoid driving through there. I do agree that Colorado (minus east Colorado, which is basically west Kansas) and Utah are amazing drives.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:03 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Better than Kansas? :-) That's debatable...maybe comparable to?
Fine, how about "Better than Iowa".
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 07:43 AM 07-22-2021
This thread didn't really go the direction I hoped for.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:11 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
This thread didn't really go the direction I hoped for.
You've been here long enough to know better
[Reply]
Frazod 11:29 AM 07-22-2021

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 12:17 PM 07-22-2021
Not sure which is worse: driving through Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska or Iowa
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:34 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
From personal experience, driving through your mom takes home first prize.

Oh. i went there.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:42 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Boring drives I've made multiple times, ranked from totally sucks to mostly sucks:

1. I-70 through Kansas (see earlier post). At least there's not much traffic.

2. I-70 through Eastern Colorado (see Kansas). Hell, it may actually be a bit worse.

3. I-55 through Illinois. Awful, boring, heavy traffic. Endless road construction during the summer.

4. I-70 through Missouri. Prettier country is the only positive. The road condition is dogshit and the traffic is horrible. I absolutely loathe I-70, and go out of my way to avoid it.

5. I-44 through Missouri. Generally a pretty drive. Road surface is horrible. Also, choked with the dumbest hillbilly fucks on earth endlessly driving slow in the fast lane.

6. I-80 through Iowa. Not nearly as flat and ugly as the others, but the traffic is horrible. Semis everywhere.

7. I-80 through Nebraska. At least you see things to break up the monotony. A good chunk of I-80 follows the Platte River, so there are at least some trees. Not much traffic.

8. I-90 through South Dakota. Mostly awful, until you hit the Black Hills, which are wonderful. High speed limits. Not much traffic.

I've only been in Oklahoma once, long enough to drop a friend off in Tulsa and return to Missouri. It was dark, so I didn't see a thing. However, I-44 turned into glass as soon as I crossed the border, there was no traffic, and I was driving my brand new '05 Mustang, which I'd had for about a week. I enjoyed the shit out of that. Also, I assume Oklahoma looks best when you can't see it.
[Reply]
scho63 03:19 PM 07-22-2021
Until he makes it to the majors he will always be a halfwitt.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:53 PM 07-22-2021
I just drove 1,200 miles from Phoenix to Montana. Actually a very pretty drive most of the way.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:00 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I just drove 1,200 miles from Phoenix to Montana. Actually a very pretty drive most of the way.
Yeah, I'll bet. I assume you went through Vegas and then took I-15 north? I've been on part of that when I drove from St. Louis to L.A.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up