ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>If you could nail one song perfectly...
Rain Man 03:08 PM 07-18-2021
Imagine that you're at a party. There's a piano, guitar, drums, harp, and other instruments available. Everyone's having a good time, and people start doing impromptu one-person performances. It's your turn now.

It's just you, your larynx, and one instrument of your choice. What one song would you most like to be able to perform as well as the original artist?

It would be hard for me to pass up Great Balls of Fire. If you nail that song, you're never buying a drink at a party again.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:34 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
What a neat question. So many good songs have the potential to bring the house down.

Knowing the crowd I'd be around, I'd go with:

War Pigs - Black Sabbath (although playing guitar/having no drums would be the suck)
Point of No Return - Kansas
Touch, Peel and Stand - Days of the New
Rocket Man - Elton John
War Pigs used to be one of our signatures. Played it pretty much every show for a few years.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 01:18 PM 07-19-2021
Piano

[Reply]
SuperChief 01:45 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
War Pigs used to be one of our signatures. Played it pretty much every show for a few years.
War Pigs might be the greatest rock song ever written. Your band sounds kick ass!
[Reply]
Holladay 01:47 PM 07-19-2021
Assuming accent on vocals with a story line and pure vocals:

Cats in the Cradle by Harry Chapin

Crystal Ship by the Doors (awesome baritone)
[Reply]
KCTitus 02:38 PM 07-19-2021
Dont Stop Believin' by Journey
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 03:43 PM 07-19-2021
Easy…The Girl from Ipanema
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:04 PM 07-19-2021
House of the Rising Son while playing the organ.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:14 PM 07-19-2021
We're not centralizing around any individual song at all. This is why parties are entertaining, I guess.
[Reply]
srvy 04:28 PM 07-19-2021
Hey Jude-With the voice of Wilson Pickett and playing guitar like Skydog.

In the Muscleshoals documentary, it was stated that when Wilson screamed and Duane went into that guitar solo the birth of Southern Blues Rock began.

But maybe Bobby Hatfield's voice singing Unchained Melody. That one gets the gals teary-eyed and moist.

[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:15 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Stairway to Heaven is always impressive

my hands just don't shape that way

https://youtu.be/RD1KqbDdmuE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:27 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
"November Rain" (Guns & Roses)

I've seen G & R in concert a couple times over the years (last time it was some years ago in Glendale , AZ ). Say what you want about Axl Rose as a person but damn that dude is a one of a kind front man/ lead singer. And "November Rain" is just such an EPIC song all the way thru.
Rolling Stone ranked Axl as best singer
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:44 PM 07-19-2021
Ehhh not the classic that some listed here are but I still crank up the radio when the guitar hits at the beginning of "Cumbersome" so I'm rolling with that.
[Reply]
srvy 10:20 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Duane Allman’s slide guitar on the back end of Layla. But I’ll need one of y’all to nail the piano part.
AS good as Duane was on the slide for Layla he was even better on Tell the Truth.

Looking at the album notes Clapton is only last on vocals.

Also youtube Duane Allmans isolated on Layla along with other songs.
[Reply]
Cosmos 10:22 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Stairway to Heaven is always impressive

my hands just don't shape that way
Was mine as well...
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:38 PM 07-19-2021
I've rehearsed this song nearly every day for 2 years and nearly have it nailed. I sing it to my wife daily.

https://youtu.be/XO_UZ-s7QmI
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up