ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
In Memoriam>RIP Gonzo
Bugeater 09:36 AM 06-05-2021
Passed away on Thursday. Apparently complications with colitis. Please keep his son, Hunter, in your thoughts.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:01 PM 06-08-2021
Hate to hear this. Guy went out of his way to make me feel welcome. I hate this. Thanks to whomever renamed the lounge after him. As it should be. Be at peace friend.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:38 AM 06-09-2021
Thoughts and prayers to Gonzo and his family. May he rest in peace.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:31 PM 06-09-2021
Dammit. We had talked years ago about getting together for a game, sorta the local Nebraska yocals...

Bug, we need to get together for a damn game, or a drink, or both...

Rip Gonzo...
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:36 PM 06-09-2021
Damn...lots of CP members passing recently.

Maybe not "lots"...but more recently than I can remember. Sucks.

RIP Gonzo.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:03 PM 06-09-2021
RIP Gonzo
[Reply]
Buck 06:12 PM 06-09-2021
Sad to hear. One of the greats. RIP Gonzo.
[Reply]
TLO 06:18 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Buck:
Sad to hear. One of the greats. RIP Gonzo.
Holy shit. It's Buck!!!!!
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:49 PM 06-09-2021
RIP
[Reply]
lcarus 08:36 PM 06-09-2021
So many CP members have been passing away or having serious health issues. It really makes you think about your own mortality. This is why we have sports and sports discussions. To forget about it for a little while.

Gonzo was a good one. A great one.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:57 PM 06-09-2021
I go to the doctor every year and ask for a urine analysis and lipid panel. It's covered so why the fuck not!

Do the simple things men. These two things can catch a lot of shit early. These two simple things. You wouldn't believe how many people are walking around with high cholesterol because they won't get a simple screening.

Preventative medicine is covered by most insurance plans 100%. Use it!
[Reply]
Lumpy 08:44 PM 06-10-2021
Just wanted to hop on here and thank everyone who kept Jason’s (Gonzo’s) family and our son, Hunter, in your thoughts and prayers. We all said our goodbyes to him yesterday at his memorial. With our son having autism though, he doesn’t quite understand death and he doesn’t acknowledge his father is gone. I did, however, walk with him up to Jason’s ashes after the memorial and asked him to say “goodbye, I love you, dad” and I broke down in tears when he said it.

From what his mom told me, he was sick for some time and his doctor had diagnosed him with a thyroid problem and put him on meds. Sadly, that wasn’t the case and apparently he was slowly bleeding internally for some time. I was originally told by his dad that it was complications due to colitis and I assume that the bleeding was related. Regardless, Jason’s death was a devastating shock to all of us. The saddest part is that he was a few hours away at his parent’s lake house when this happened and I wasn’t notified so that Hunter could tell his dad goodbye.

With Jason’s death, it made me come to the realization that so many of us take our health for granted, as well as those that we love. If there’s something that I can suggest to all of you, it’s this... take care of yourselves and please get a second opinion if you still don’t feel well. Furthermore, please set aside your differences when it comes to people in your past. Especially if you have a child or children with them.

Again, I am very thankful to all of you who remembered Gonzo the way that he should be remembered on this board. Peace and hugs to all of you.
[Reply]
In58men 09:11 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Lumpy:
Just wanted to hop on here and thank everyone who kept Jason’s (Gonzo’s) family and our son, Hunter, in your thoughts and prayers. We all said our goodbyes to him yesterday at his memorial. With our son having autism though, he doesn’t quite understand death and he doesn’t acknowledge his father is gone. I did, however, walk with him up to Jason’s ashes after the memorial and asked him to say “goodbye, I love you, dad” and I broke down in tears when he said it.

From what his mom told me, he was sick for some time and his doctor had diagnosed him with a thyroid problem and put him on meds. Sadly, that wasn’t the case and apparently he was slowly bleeding internally for some time. I was originally told by his dad that it was complications due to colitis and I assume that the bleeding was related. Regardless, Jason’s death was a devastating shock to all of us. The saddest part is that he was a few hours away at his parent’s lake house when this happened and I wasn’t notified so that Hunter could tell his dad goodbye.

With Jason’s death, it made me come to the realization that so many of us take our health for granted, as well as those that we love. If there’s something that I can suggest to all of you, it’s this... take care of yourselves and please get a second opinion if you still don’t feel well. Furthermore, please set aside your differences when it comes to people in your past. Especially if you have a child or children with them.

Again, I am very thankful to all of you who remembered Gonzo the way that he should be remembered on this board. Peace and hugs to all of you.
I appreciate you
[Reply]
DaFace 09:29 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Lumpy:

Condolences. Thanks for posting.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 10:12 AM 06-11-2021
RIP, Gonzo.

:-)
[Reply]
KS Smitty 11:53 AM 06-11-2021
There was a lot of fun in those Survivor and late night threads. Rest peacefully Gonzo and look up Uncle Jerry, he'll take ya hunting.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up