ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 80
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 Missouri Tigers Football Thread *****
KChiefs1 10:06 AM 09-19-2020

ONE. WEEK. ‼️#MIZ x #NewZou ���� pic.twitter.com/lVw1iNzQKL

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 19, 2020

The 2020 Mizzou Football schedule is out, and woo-boy we get Bama and LSU in week 1 and 3 https://t.co/TD1UgG3JMp

— ROCK Mask NATION (@RockMNation) August 18, 2020

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:27 PM 10-10-2020
This vaults Mizzou into the top of the football world and probable to be National Champs!
[Reply]
alpha_omega 06:20 PM 10-10-2020
Just saw the score. Congrats MU fans.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:19 PM 10-10-2020
So Vandy will beat Mizzou next week knowing the history of Missouri football.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:49 PM 10-10-2020
Drink put on a clinic with the playcalling....what a win.

Amazing to see what change can do, dude is already made me forget about the disaster that was Barry Odom.

Excited for the future with him at the helm....
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:57 PM 10-10-2020
Drink is certainly getting a lot out of the talent. That O-line is pretty patchwork (as were the WRs and DL) and they still played pretty well.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:20 PM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Mr. Bo Defense gave up over 630 yards to MU.
:-).
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Pelini is a disaster
Oh shit, is Bo Pelini LSU's defensive coordinator?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:27 PM 10-10-2020
Nick Saban just gave up 650 yards with a defense filled with 5* players. It's actually amazing how little he gets out of his talent on that side of the ball.
[Reply]
Coach 09:36 PM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Oh shit, is Bo Pelini LSU's defensive coordinator?
Yep.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:27 PM 10-10-2020
Good win guys. Said it earlier this year when your new coach was doing work in recruiting you guys have the right man at the helm.
[Reply]
srvy 10:52 PM 10-10-2020
I just have a feeling Coach Drink will be a shortimer. He seems like a fast upcoming coach willing to take quick stepping stones to the bigtime.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:46 AM 10-11-2020
Hopefully that win will convince some good players to pick MU for football when signing day comes around.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:23 AM 10-11-2020
Nice win! Too bad they lost to Tennessee last week. But hopefully, this is the beginning of a turnaround with coach Drink. I know that it won't happen overnight. Don't get me wrong. But a win like this will build confidence that this season isn't lost. That can go a long way.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:00 AM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
I just have a feeling Coach Drink will be a shortimer. He seems like a fast upcoming coach willing to take quick stepping stones to the bigtime.
And that's fine. Get the best coach you can. Keep them as long as you can. Let them build things up. Keep doing a good job hiring.

Don't worry about whether you can keep them long-term.

I think there's a chance Mizzou can hang onto Drinkwitz for a while - a la Jason Campbell at Iowa State - but if nothing else, he can improve the program and put them in a better spot to hire a coach than they were when they hired him.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:10 AM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Although you're most likely correct, I have hope that he can stay. Simply because Mizzou is an SEC team. If he can build it up to a team that makes it to the College Championship Playoff, then he's coaching a powerhouse team in a power 5 conference. Why leave that?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:07 AM 10-11-2020
If Drinkwitz left due to success, where would he go?

SEC East:

Georgia
Florida
Tennessee

All of those programs have better bloodlines than Missouri. Even if he took Mizzou to 2007-2013 levels, I don't think that anyone could blame him for taking the first two jobs. But if Tennessee has another opening and needs a rebuild, is it really a better job?

SEC West:

Alabama--Best program in the country
LSU--Almost anyone takes this job

Auburn--Hard place to satisfy, but unquestionably a premier program

Texas A&M--Just so many resources

I don't see the other SEC jobs as being definitively better than Mizzou *if* he's building it to the point where he's using it as a stepping stone.

ACC:

Clemson--Now an elite program

Miami and Florida State are better programs with more resources to draw from, but if I'm winning at Mizzou and I've seen Miami struggle for 20 years and Florida State fall into a tailspin over the last five plus years, do I want to go to those environments?

A winning Mizzou program is on par with a Virginia Tech, and I don't see why he'd leave for North Carolina or Virginia

Big X:

Ohio State: A top five program
Michigan, Penn State: Historic programs that have issues

Michigan State, Nebraska--If you're winning at Mizzou, do you want to go there?

Big XII:

Oklahoma, Texas: Elite programs, but Texas is a giant pain in the ass
Oklahoma State: If you're winning at Mizzou, do you want to go here?

Pac XII:

USC: Tremendous potential, but a meddlesome department
Stanford: A lot of challenges here given the student profile

If he's winning 10 games a year there are a lot fewer programs that he'd probably want to go to. If he's winning 8 games a year, I could see numerous programs that could lure him.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 80
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up