ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Bond 25: No Time To Die
keg in kc 01:30 PM 08-20-2019

Daniel Craig returns as James Bond, 007 in… NO TIME TO DIE. Out in the UK on 3 April 2020 and 8 April 2020 in the US. #Bond25 #NoTimeToDie pic.twitter.com/qxYEnMhk2s

— James Bond (@007) August 20, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:10 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Don't forget Henry Cavill
He's so damn wooden, though. His suave comes across as schmaltzy.

Though he was a pretty good villain in M.I.

I guess if he can merge his roles in U.N.C.L.E. and MI, that might work.
[Reply]
alanm 01:11 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Looking forward to the "white men aren't going to see the new James Bond movie because they're misogynistic, racist tools of the patriarchy" hot takes.

Nah - we're not gonna go see the new James Bond movie because there's no James Bond in it.

They aren't "007" flicks; they're James Bond flicks. This isn't even Mission Impossible, where you can maybe get away with Ethan Hunt taking on a reserve role. Even then, people were pissed about making Jim Phelps, a protagonist from the (little watched) television show, a bad guy.

This is the Bourne franchise, where Jeremy Renner tried to step into the forefront and the movie fell on its face (despite being a pretty decent stand-alone effort).

I just don't understand how they think they can take the James Bond franchise and toss a female lead in there and think "well yeah, it's the same thing..."
Yah I'm old and crotchety and set in my ways. I'm not going to be in to watching Jill Bond. Their making a terrible mistake. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:12 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...151328186.html

The new 007 could be Lashana Lynch
Woof.

There was nothing of her albeit limited performance in the trailer that was even remotely close to endearing or engaging.

I'll watch women action movies. I loved Atomic Blonde. I'm stoked about Black Widow. I watched Peppermint recently, and Jennifer Garner is a shit ass actress but the action was believable. I don't hate it and I'll see it, but do it right, and I think there is a less than 0% chance that making James Bond a woman.

Looking forward to the "white men aren't going to see the new James Bond movie because they're misogynistic, racist tools of the patriarchy" hot takes.

Nah - we're not gonna go see the new James Bond movie because there's no James Bond in it.

They aren't "007" flicks; they're James Bond flicks. This isn't even Mission Impossible, where you can maybe get away with Ethan Hunt taking on a reserve role. Even then, people were pissed about making Jim Phelps, a protagonist from the (little watched) television show, a bad guy.

This is the Bourne franchise, where Jeremy Renner tried to step into the forefront and the movie fell on its face (despite being a pretty decent stand-alone effort).

I just don't understand how they think they can take the James Bond franchise and toss a female lead in there and think "well yeah, it's the same thing..."
I liked the Renner Bourne flick, I'm sure it didn't do well because they didn't go back to that well, but if Bourne doesn't work after what, 3 movies? No fucking way they can do Bond after all the movies and books and just general pop culture that character has created.

I've warmed to Idris Elba as Bond, even though I kinda don't see the point. I just like the guy. The more I've seen of him, the more I like him. I still wonder if he has the 'suave' gear. He mostly plays 'rugged'. That said, Craig's Bond has kinda taken the franchise in that direction anyway so that stumbling block isn't as significant anymore.

The problem is that Elba has gotta be near 50 years old. And I know Craig is 50 but he's also been doing this for, what, 10+ years? Guy was in his late 30s when he was cast. He took the reigns damn near a full decade younger than Elba would be when Elba took over.

If you're gonna re-boot it with a new actor, you can't do the 'Bond is Old' thing for another 6-8 years.

Hardy presents a similar situation but I think Hardy looks a little younger than Elba. Hiddleston managed to turn into a parody of himself somehow and get knocked out of contention.

Nicholas Hoult ever get any traction in these conversations?
I love everything Elba has done (It should be noted that I won't be seeing the Cats movie...FFS that looks bad). If you haven't checked out Luther, do it. It's just Elba being a fantastic fucking actor. Obviously the Wire too, if you haven't (which would be a crime). But you're right. He's too old. Unfortunately.

I can't be a bigger fan of Elba.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:29 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Woof.

There was nothing of her albeit limited performance in the trailer that was even remotely close to endearing or engaging.
I searched her name and the first headline to pop us was something like "Lashana Lynch steals the show in the new Bond trailer...."

Uh....what?

That other chick doing a badass kickflip thing and then Bond doing a doughnut while blasting machine guns out of the front of a DB5 stole the damn show. Oh, and Lea's back!

The shit people will try to force is just mind-numbing. OH HAI GUYS! SHE SAID SHE'D SHOOT BOND IN THE KNEE!! TIME TO MAKE 007 A BLACK WOMAN!!!!

Like I said, she wasn't even the most intriguing WOMAN in the trailer.

Just ridiculous.
[Reply]
O.city 02:32 PM 12-04-2019
If we're going American, I kinda think Bradley Cooper could do it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:27 PM 12-04-2019
I’d say Idris is nothing if not suave, but maybe I’m just fooled by his good looks.

Daniel Craig is short af, too, by the way. I believe I read he’s 5’9”. Think Robert Downey Jr and Jeremy Renner are also 5’9”. Tom Cruise is like 5’7”.. I don’t think that dude’s height would be too much of an issue.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:30 PM 12-04-2019
Also, I’m just gonna go ahead and say it: I enjoyed Quantum of Solace. It got fucked over by the writer’s strike.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:45 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Also, I’m just gonna go ahead and say it: I enjoyed Quantum of Solace. It got fucked over by the writer’s strike.
Yeah, I defend Quantum as well.

I don't think Craig's done a 'bad' Bond or anything approaching one. Spectre was a bit hokey but I think that was the point after the series had gotten as heavy as it had. I actually liked the universe it created and see potential there.

Quantum is held back a bit by lower stakes than we often see in a Bond movie and a sub-standard Bond sidekick, IMO.

But Gemma Arterton pulls of redhead damn nicely...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:15 PM 03-04-2020
Delayed by 007 months to Thanksgiving.

MGM, Universal and Bond producers, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, announced today that after careful consideration and thorough evaluation of the global theatrical marketplace, the release of NO TIME TO DIE will be postponed until November 2020. pic.twitter.com/a9h1RP5OKd

— James Bond (@007) March 4, 2020

[Reply]
eDave 01:20 PM 03-04-2020
No Time to Die, the latest James Bond film, delayed until November in response to coronavirus
[Reply]
JD10367 01:26 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
No Time to Die, the latest James Bond film, delayed until November in response to coronavirus
Well that’s just dumb, we’ll all be dead by then and it won’t make any money.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:54 PM 03-04-2020
What’s crazy is the marketing campaign was in full swing and they already released the Billie Ellish theme song.
[Reply]
Mennonite 03-04-2020, 05:27 PM
This message has been deleted by Mennonite.
eDave 05:32 PM 03-04-2020

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:59 PM 03-04-2020
Oh yea, Craig is hosting SNL this weekend too.

He gets to promote a movie that’s 7 months out.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:38 AM 09-03-2020

[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up