ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>First image from Rob Zombie's "The Munsters"
Mephistopheles Janx 01:02 PM 10-18-2021
While I usually rail on reboots and remakes... anything that hasn't been done since it was filmed in black and white gets a pass from me. I'm interested to see what he does with The Munsters.

[Reply]
Easy 6 01:22 PM 10-18-2021
Does his wife have to have a starring role in every movie he makes?
[Reply]
Sofa King 01:28 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Apparently yes. But she does a good job imo.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:41 PM 10-18-2021
It is a Tim Burton / Helena Bohnam Carter thing I guess?
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:48 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
It is a Tim Burton / Helena Bohnam Carter thing I guess?
Honestly didn't know that was a thing, but its probably because I'm not a big Burton fan

I guess Robs entitled to cast whoever he wants, just seems weird that she gets a big role in everything he does... maybe give some other actress a shot once in while?

As for a Munsters movie, just not interested at all... but didn't come in here to shit on those who might be, so I'll leave it there
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:32 PM 10-18-2021
Munsters are go bots adams family is transformers
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:54 AM 10-19-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Munsters are go bots adams family is transformers
Not really.

https://decider.com/2019/10/14/addam...ferent%20tones.
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:09 AM 10-19-2021
Who's gonna play Marilyn?

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Not really.

https://decider.com/2019/10/14/addam...ferent%20tones.
The problem with both shows, and a lot of 60s sitcoms, was that they had enough material for about 4 episodes and they just kept rehashing variations of the same jokes for two seasons.

This movie is going to be terrible beyond belief. As bad as Rob Zombie's horror movies are (outside of Devil's Rejects) his attempts at comedy are even worse.

In fairness she used to be hot as hell. At this point I suppose it's just a cost saving measure because she's old af now.

I read an interview with Rob a few months ago about why he became a vegan and this part made me chuckle:

Asked what he likes to eat, Rob said: "My wife is an excellent cook, which makes my life easy. Every day we eat the exact same breakfast. I've always been like that — I could eat the same meal every day and never get bored of it. We have oatmeal, toast, and fruit. And I have coffee.

lol. She's an excellent cook - she can operate a toaster and a microwave.

Edited to add some useless Munsters trivia:

The pilot was shot in color and Herman's wife was played by Joan Marshall instead of Yvonne De Carlo.

[Reply]
Mennonite 10-19-2021, 11:23 AM
This message has been deleted by Mennonite.
Up