Page 19 of 44
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:01 PM 09-01-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
The Ring of Power is going to be retconned into a vibrating cock ring. Sauron will swing his dick around in battle, killing dozens of men with each thrust.
PB 100% watching now.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:06 AM 09-02-2022
Fucking fabulous.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:06 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Technically, Tolkien wrote Unfinished Tales right before he died, that explained how Galadriel fought in Faenor's rebellion. The Kinslayer. Not much detail at all. But I think that's what they're going for in the trailer.
I knew I probably should have kept my mouth shut on that one.

I bought the LoTR book that has all three combined and I'm only like 1/4 the way through so I don't have enough knowledge about the lore to speak on it.

These dudes haven't even made it to Bree yet lol just left Tom Bombadil's house.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:19 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

I bought the LoTR book that has all three combined and I'm only like 1/4 the way through so I don't have enough knowledge about the lore to speak on it.

These dudes haven't even made it to Bree yet lol just left Tom Bombadil's house.
From what I understand, what they've done to Galadriel's character goes far beyond her having one fight/battle like that.

I'm starting it tonight. We shall see.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:35 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Wait till you get to the meeting about what to do to the ring... Its only about 1,200 pages
[Reply]
Bowser 10:11 AM 09-02-2022
*gently places vid in thread, turns and runs*

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:15 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
*gently places vid in thread, turns and runs*

Why is he wearing black gloves?

Son of a bitch. Is that Crave Johnson's GF?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:20 AM 09-02-2022
Ya know...i've come to conclusion that i just don't like midgets. I just don't.

I never liked Hobbits. Hobbit scenes always bored the shit out of me. Disgusting hobbitses.

Never cared for the 7 dwarves in Snow White.

Tyrion in Game of Thrones? Took me a looooong time to use to him.

And i can't stand stubby, pudgy little fingers. They're fucking gross. If a chick has stubby fingers im ooooout.

I blame Willow. I fucking hated Willow as a child and i think my early childhood Willow hate has persisted into adulthood.

Sorry midgets, Hobbits and Dwarves, it's all Willow's fault.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:31 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Why is he wearing black gloves?

Son of a bitch. Is that Crave Johnson's GF?
:-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:50 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Yeah...this has "bloated budget dogturd" written all over it...they even have a black elf lead character...how about an Asian Hobbit...or a middle-eastern Ork? We only can dream...have to cover all the major food groups.

Over/under on a lesbian hobbit/elf scene...or gay dwarf make out?

The options to destroy this show are endless...
Looks like my predictions, seven months ago are ...well.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:59 AM 09-02-2022
Looks like my predictions, seven months ago are ...well.
It isn't a conspiracy if it is true.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:08 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
It isn't a conspiracy if it is true.
There is some poetic irony at play...I read that if this tanks as bad as it appears it will...it has the potential to bury Amazon's studio division.

The ghost of Tolkien destroying Amazon's credibility/wokeness from the grave...

When the Bezos owned WoPo is giving it luke warn reviews...you know it must be really fucking terrible.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:12 AM 09-02-2022
Having watched the first two episodes, the diversity is unsurprisingly a complete non-issue.

I have concerns though. The pacing of this show so far is a problem so far (virtually nothing has happened through 2 episodes except for Galadrial making a choice and the appearance of "The Stranger" and the season is only running 8 episodes). Everything also seems quite impersonal. I'm finding it to be a bit of a struggle to care about any of these characters or what is going on at all and that's a major issue.

Now they're obviously building something here that is massive in scope in terms of world building so it's going to take time to develop characters and storylines (and it appears they are going to get that time with S2 on the way), but it's very difficult for me to see this ever being compared favorably to the LOTR movies (effectively masterpieces in their genre).
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:15 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
it's very difficult for me to see this ever being compared favorably to the LOTR movies (effectively masterpieces in their genre).
Because it was created with an ulterior motive from the beginning...you have to care about what you are creating for the audience to care about it. It has to convey authenticity..

There will be nice effects...it cost a billion dollars...you cant buy soul though.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:19 AM 09-02-2022
...you cant buy soul though.
Oh, i wouldn't say that.

[Reply]

Page 19 of 44
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up