ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 542 of 2687
« First < 42442492532538539540541542 54354454554655259264210421542 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:22 PM 12-03-2017
I'm not counting my chickens before they've hatched. I'm actually not.

But for years people have mocked teams who give up draft picks to move up in the first round to draft QBs. Yes, it's true that the majority of these cases haven't worked out for them. The most significant examples I can think of where it worked out for teams are the Giants and Manning (if you could call that an example considering if it weren't for Eli's entitlement complex he would have played his career in San Diego) as well as the Packers and Aaron Rodgers, who only traded up a few spots in the late/middle of the 1st round.

The book is still yet to be written on ALL of these QBs, particularly the 2017 ones, but as of now, 2016 has produced TWO big time 1st round trades to move up and take QBs. Both guys have worked out pretty damn well for their teams, with one of them being in the running for league MVP. Both teams gave up future 1st and 2nd round picks and nearly all of their draft stock from the 1st through 3rd rounds in 2016 to grab them.

And in 2017, the Chiefs and Texans also made big time deals to grab their guys. I think we could say both guys have a puncher's chance of also working out.

4 QBs drafted in big draft day trades, going against what is thought of as conventional wisdom. You're not supposed to do that-- that's how you tank your franchise, blah blah blah.

Well, things might be changing.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:25 PM 12-03-2017
Originally Posted by iDeaL:
No no no and more no.. my dude.. all they did was hit home runs. That's great and all, but also part of the reason why the D was on the field for most of that game and was gassed. Look at the TOP numbers. ****ing lopsided. We had not one long, sustained, grind it out and chew up clock kind of drive that is a hallmark of winning teams.
The offense is the reason the Jets were in the field all day... Please. The Jets had 13 3rd down conversions... They started the 2nd half with a 9 minute drive. The D lost the game today...
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:30 PM 12-03-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This is what we have on the bench.

His lone TD. Wentz looked very average with an aggressive pass rush around him all game. Our front 7 on O and D are the reason we've struggle. O-line did a little better today as we had some time to go deep. We would have actually hit a couple more, if pressure wouldn't have gotten to the throwing arm elbow twice. We have no pass rush, zero and a double whammy of not stopping the run... I hope Alex continues to play well as Mahommes is the future, but we aren't going to outscore everyone, especially in the playoffs. Have Alex play well and get some decent Def talent or a high draft pick in return. I would also trade Peters and get as much as you can for him before he's a FA as this team has no unity and I'm guessing he's part of the problem.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12-04-2017, 03:40 AM
This message has been deleted by TwistedChief. Reason: don't know how to add files like a normal human
pugsnotdrugs19 02:20 PM 12-09-2017
You know the big question about Patrick has been 'can he play within the pocket?' and 'can his playing style translate in the NFL?' Well, I've said since January that I believe the absolute apex of his ceiling is Aaron Rodgers. Doesn't mean I think he will be that good, but his playing style has always mirrored Rodgers' IMO. He even mentioned on GMFB the day before the draft that he wanted to destroy defenses inside and outside of the pocket, like Rodgers. (Video here -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV1PMrNimNQ)

I say all of this because I took the time to watch some of Rodgers this weekend. I'm just going to post a few videos of Aaron Rodgers highlights, and you guys can tell me what you see.

Inconsistent footwork, just like Mahomes. Doesn't matter. Talent prevails.

AMAZING pocket presence. Feels pressure, keeps his eyes up and looking for open receivers. Mahomes does too.

Effortless throwing ability. Fits it into windows that most QBs would never dream of attempting. Mahomes does too.

Makes the defense play on their heels. They aren't sure whether to pin their ears back or to play contain, because they know he can get outside the pocket and kill you with chunk plays. Mahomes does too.

The kid has a long ways to go, and a lot to prove. But I am excited beyond measure to see what we have here.
[Reply]
ARROW2 02:24 PM 12-09-2017
Sigh. I'm depressed again. What? A rookie couldn't go 6-6?
[Reply]
ARROW2 02:25 PM 12-09-2017
Even marino says 2pm is him with wheels.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 02:27 PM 12-09-2017
I'm still pissed that the Jets defense was absolute garbage and retarded enough to play man coverage against Alex and allow Tyreek & Kelce to run wide open so that even Alex couldn't miss them, thus inflating his stats, thus most likely preventing us from seeing Mahomes play tomorrow and the rest of the season.

Fuck the Jets
[Reply]
ARROW2 02:30 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:
I'm still pissed that the Jets defense was absolute garbage and retarded enough to play man coverage against Alex and allow Tyreek & Kelce to run wide open so that even Alex couldn't miss them, thus inflating his stats, thus most likely preventing us from seeing Mahomes play tomorrow and the rest of the season.

**** the Jets
My feelings exactly. I have been in a bad mood all week because of that shit. Pissed me the **** off. And we still lost to boot because smiff choked when it counted......again.
[Reply]
Best22 02:38 PM 12-09-2017
If we're gonna choke the division to the Raiders or Chargers, atleast let us see Mahomes

If you're gonna play Alex anyway, you better dan well salvage the season and keep us from handing this division to our hated rivals...
[Reply]
Buckweath 03:00 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
If we're gonna choke the division to the Raiders or Chargers, atleast let us see Mahomes

If you're gonna play Alex anyway, you better dan well salvage the season and keep us from handing this division to our hated rivals...
An important element that plays into keeping Smith as the starter for the rest of the season is the fact that it helps keep his value for trading him in the offseason.

The Chiefs are without a 1st round pick so that 2nd or 3rd round pick that we will likely get is very valuable and will potentially help Mahomes in the future.

If you put Smith on the bench, it is obvious that his value declines.

You want to get as much help as possible for Mahomes to flourish.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:26 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
An important element that plays into keeping Smith as the starter for the rest of the season is the fact that it helps keep his value for trading him in the offseason.

The Chiefs are without a 1st round pick so that 2nd or 3rd round pick that we will likely get is very valuable and will potentially help Mahomes in the future.

It's not likely they get by with the same gimmicky-yet-effective offense they trotted out against the Jets.
[Reply]
ARROW2 03:26 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Buckweath:

But we are losing and teams see film
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:02 PM 12-09-2017
Goddamnit guys; it's almost over. Just enjoy watching Alex suck his own dick so we can get the fuck on with the best offseason evar, flush the Frisco Smith Bitches, and watch Veach work his magic.

Also...ALSO...keep fingers crossed for the firing of Buttons Metamucil Sutton.

We can do this!
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:29 PM 12-09-2017
With all of the current drama and dysfunction, it's genuinely thrilling to await the Mahomes Era

It's going to be an entirely new energy level around 1A, and across the entire fan base

The kid has IT... have literally never had a football hunch this strong

Wash away the old, and bring on some big changes
[Reply]
ROYC75 06:25 PM 12-09-2017
Just know this, it's going to be a long, slow ass off season that will have more anticipation than Carly Simon could ever sing about!
[Reply]
Page 542 of 2687
« First < 42442492532538539540541542 54354454554655259264210421542 > Last »
Up