ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3853 of 3903
« First < 2853335337533803384338493850385138523853 38543855385638573863 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 01-03-2022
Well, this thing is gonna burn thru fast with the way it's goin now. Hold on to your butts.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:58 AM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well, this thing is gonna burn thru fast with the way it's goin now. Hold on to your butts.
Likely that nearly everyone will end up with it.
[Reply]
Frosty 11:43 AM 01-03-2022
Had our first live experience with a Covidiot last week.

My wife works at an elementary school so got her initial shots really early. She had been putting off the booster because she didn't want to deal with any side effects while busy with school and getting ready for Christmas. She finally decided the end of Christmas break was a good time to get it done so made an appointment Friday morning.

Unfortunately, Walmart is the only place locally that you can get in in a timely manner. She had gotten her shot and we were sitting in the little waiting area, waiting for her 15 minute wait to expire, when this older lady (with her mask under her chin) stopped her cart right in front of us and asked my wife "Are you waiting for your shot?"

My wife said "No, I just got it. I'm waiting the 15 minute wait they make you do".

The lady then said "On no. Whatever you do, don't get the second shot".

My wife, looking like a deer in the headlights, replied to that with "Ummm. Okay?"

The lady must have seen me rolling my eyes because she then said "Well, everyone has their beliefs, but you shouldn't get it" and then walked off.

I guess what's shocking to me is the hubris of someone thinking their Facebook Medical Degree is good enough to dispense medical advice to complete strangers. Did she think we were going to jump up and say "Thank you! You saved us!" or something? We thought she was a nut but if someone were really on the fence, something like that could push them to side of not getting vaxxed. Pretty irresponsible, imo.

My dad has some serious health issues (heart disease and T2 diabetes) and he's always ranting about the amount of unsolicited health advice he gets from people. It's the first time I've seen it in the wild, though (except for my boss' wife who blames every time I get sick on the Diet Pepsi I drink sometimes and not on the fact my wife works in a plague factory).
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:00 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by Frosty:
It's the first time I've seen it in the wild, though (except for my boss' wife who blames every time I get sick on the Diet Pepsi I drink sometimes and not on the fact my wife works in a plague factory).
Well, diet soda is literally the devil. So . . .
[Reply]
Iowanian 12:03 PM 01-03-2022
I know a dozen people who have it right now and would tell you they just feel like they have a cold.

I got a message this morning that a good, life-long friend died of it last night. She's the first person I've known to die that wasn't old or battling another disease.
[Reply]
notorious 12:20 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Got a COVID test this morning and tested negative but I've been sick as shit for the past 4 days. Chest congestion, cough, fever. A lot of the similar signs. I went ahead and bought one of those blood oxygen monitors you put on your finger just in case.
Good buy. You can use it for other things after Covid is gone.

I got ill Tuesday last week, and checked by B/O level (heh)every hour or so.

I'm normally at 99% o2 level, but I dropped to 92-93 for 3-4 days, and my heart rate was 100, which is really high for me.

Things like that you didn't used to have data on. If things would have turned we would have been able to tell the docs data like that to give them a little help.
[Reply]
Frosty 12:27 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I see you, too, have a Facebook PHD.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:29 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I know a dozen people who have it right now and would tell you they just feel like they have a cold.

I got a message this morning that a good, life-long friend died of it last night. She's the first person I've known to die that wasn't old or battling another disease.
Very sorry to hear this. My condolences.
[Reply]
loochy 12:47 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Well it's not the devil, literally or figuratively.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:06 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
Well it's not the devil, literally or figuratively.
How about metaphorically?
[Reply]
ghak99 02:05 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Had our first live experience with a Covidiot last week.

My wife works at an elementary school so got her initial shots really early. She had been putting off the booster because she didn't want to deal with any side effects while busy with school and getting ready for Christmas. She finally decided the end of Christmas break was a good time to get it done so made an appointment Friday morning.

Unfortunately, Walmart is the only place locally that you can get in in a timely manner. She had gotten her shot and we were sitting in the little waiting area, waiting for her 15 minute wait to expire, when this older lady (with her mask under her chin) stopped her cart right in front of us and asked my wife "Are you waiting for your shot?"

My wife said "No, I just got it. I'm waiting the 15 minute wait they make you do".

The lady then said "On no. Whatever you do, don't get the second shot".

My wife, looking like a deer in the headlights, replied to that with "Ummm. Okay?"

The lady must have seen me rolling my eyes because she then said "Well, everyone has their beliefs, but you shouldn't get it" and then walked off.

I guess what's shocking to me is the hubris of someone thinking their Facebook Medical Degree is good enough to dispense medical advice to complete strangers. Did she think we were going to jump up and say "Thank you! You saved us!" or something? We thought she was a nut but if someone were really on the fence, something like that could push them to side of not getting vaxxed. Pretty irresponsible, imo.

My dad has some serious health issues (heart disease and T2 diabetes) and he's always ranting about the amount of unsolicited health advice he gets from people. It's the first time I've seen it in the wild, though (except for my boss' wife who blames every time I get sick on the Diet Pepsi I drink sometimes and not on the fact my wife works in a plague factory).
The old ladies here will tell you the same but it's not because they were skeptical of the science, it's because the second shot made them feel like the casket was coming. None of my grandmother's peers are getting a booster of any kind. It's not just a no, its a hell no.

Watching a bunch of nearly 90 year old women go from "I want you to go get the shot, you have a lot to live for" to "fuck that thing, it almost killed me, I'll just risk death" has been hilarious.
[Reply]
Frosty 02:25 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by ghak99:
The old ladies here will tell you the same but it's not because they were skeptical of the science, it's because the second shot made them feel like the casket was coming. None of my grandmother's peers are getting a booster of any kind. It's not just a no, its a hell no.

Watching a bunch of nearly 90 year old women go from "I want you to go get the shot, you have a lot to live for" to "**** that thing, it almost killed me, I'll just risk death" has been hilarious.
Eh, if she had said "the second shot made me feel like death warmed over, you might reconsider it", it wouldn't have bothered me. The "different beliefs" comment makes me pretty sure she is just antivax. Pretty common around here but don't want to get political so will just leave it there.

My wife had zero reaction to the first two Moderna shots but the booster kind of knocked her on her butt for a day and half. Achy and had a fever (up to 102°). She was totally fine by Sunday though.
[Reply]
TLO 03:26 PM 01-03-2022
I'm getting my 6th booster today so I can keep my neutralizing antibodies at their peak!!! LFG!!!!1!!!1
[Reply]
loochy 03:44 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm getting my 6th booster today so I can keep my neutralizing antibodies at their peak!!! LFG!!!!1!!!1

Boost! Boost-a-loost!
[Reply]
TLO 07:45 AM 01-04-2022
Wow. Those case counts..
[Reply]
Page 3853 of 3903
« First < 2853335337533803384338493850385138523853 38543855385638573863 > Last »
Up