ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 333
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Mecca 09:39 PM 05-06-2023
The Royals have had 2 successfully seasons in the last 30 years and want 2 billion for their downtown stadium project.

I don't wanna hear jack shit about patience.
[Reply]
tk13 10:25 PM 05-06-2023
It's a month into a new pitching regime after years in the stone ages. Just have to let it play out at this point. Some guys will get it and some will bust. You're just not going to know anything yet. We're definitely going to see how these coaches learn and how they are at developing individual plans for guys.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:02 PM 05-06-2023

An emotional Lorenzo Cain is honored at The K with an on-field retirement ceremony.

Thank you, LoCain for all the memories and retiring a Kansas City Royal. #Royals pic.twitter.com/7BpXK9IZf3

— Bally Sports Kansas City (@BallySportsKC) May 6, 2023

[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:45 PM 05-06-2023
Mason Barnett, the Royals' 2022 third round pick out of Auburn, had seven Ks and three walks in five innings in a start with high Single-A Quad Cities Saturday. His season ERA is at 2.49. He entered the day with a 31.7% strikeout rate (I love this!) and a 13.4% walk rate (needs to get that down).
[Reply]
BWillie 11:56 PM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yep. We desperately need one of Lynch, Bubic or Singer to develop as a 2.

Right now there's a real concern that all of them will bust.
Lynch will always suck.

Kowar will work at QT soon.

Singer may be a #4 when he's not sucking balls.

Either way this crop of pitchers we thought would be good blow ass.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:06 AM 05-07-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
You're not a psychologist. Nobody can make this claim with 100% certainty that's the case. You're going to fire a guy based on something that can't be proven true?

What if Kuiper doesn't use the word, but it's in his brain from reading literature and watching cinema.
Would you ever accidentally say that word?

Because I sure the fuck would never say it accidentally, or on purpose.

If you want to make excuses for the person, that's your business. My post didn't say fire him, or don't fire him. He isn't an announcer for my team, so IDGAF.

But, acting like mistaking the N word for Negro is just a slip of the tongue is ridiculous.

But, maybe you say it a lot, or sing it when you listen to music, or whatever, but I know it's not a slip of the tongue.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:28 AM 05-07-2023
How the Royals organization views their message to the fans vs how it really looks

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:48 AM 05-07-2023
Just not a lot of room for optimism right now.

The steps back that Singer and Keller have taken (Singer from last year's break through, Keller from his early-season success with the new pitches) is disappointing.

Pasquantino looks like a true lineup centerpiece, at least. I hope they're exploring an extension with him.

On Witt, his defense has stabilized/been better this season (he's pacing to be a slightly above-average defender per bWAR and a very good defender per fWR). He has a few positive indicators on his offensive performance but is overall about the same guy.

If the defense stabilizes here and the offense stays where it's at, Witt is a good player but not a superstar you build your team around. If the offense jumps up and the defense stays here, then you're back to more of the top end of his profile.

I haven't been plugged in to the team or the minors like usual (Mrs. Idaho broke her leg a few weeks back, taking the kids roller skating, so life around here is... busy) but what I have tracked from stat lines is a mixed bag.

Low-A shows Frank Mozzicato and Shane Panzini performing well, and Kudrna has some improved peripherals but bad overall stats. No hitters there, really, of note

Cayden Wallace is having a nice start at High A (which would be exciting if Gavin Cross wasn't performing so poorly). There are a trio of pitchers at High A (Noah Cameron, Luinder Avila, and Mason Barnett) who are putting up nice numbers.

At AA, Peyton Wilson is the only hitter worth watching (rest of the lineup is mostly old non-prospect types, though Luca Tresh is there, too... but not doing much). Alec Marsh is continuing his good start, with a drastically improved walk rate. I did dig into him a little bit, and the reports I've been able to find on his stuff/pitches are positive (no loss of velocity or movement) so that may be a piece moving forward. He's always had dynamite stuff/arm, just no command or idea what he's doing out there. Lefty Anthony Veneziano has taken a nice step forward, and has been dominant. Both of these guys are old (25) for the level, though, so it may also just be experience paying off. They still might get something out of Yefri del Rosario, too. He's continuing to slowly, steadily progress.

At AAA, Nick Loftin has hit for nice power but his average is down. They've called up Maikel Garcia, who is probably the most exciting guy at the level. Some 2022 breakouts (Tyler Gentry, Tucker Bradley) have scuffled, and the pitching staff is mostly non-prospects (Austn Cox was fine before his promotion but nothing crazy.

They're still my team, and I still will follow as I can, and I'll still root for success. But if you want to tell me they didn't make drastic enough changes to the staff, I don't know that there's much to argue to the contrary as it stands right now.

2023 draft is coming up. Will be interesting to see if the draft philosophy is any different, at all.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:34 AM 05-07-2023
Didn't make it to the end of the game last night; it sure looked like the A's were trying to give the game away by leaving their pitcher in for 110+ pitches. Anyways, I've maintained that the reason the Royals are unsuccessful is that they trade away their prospects; that assessment isn't really correct. The issue, as I see it, is that once their talent enters free agency, they are unable to keep the team together. Teams with the larger market, like Yankees, Dodgers, etc., are able to resign their free agents and continue to build talent.

Not sure how to recapture the 2014-15 success without another deal that brings in a number of players that gel with the current rookies. I believe that success was just a blind hog finding an acorn.

The pitching is a major disappointment and it looks like most of the hitters are trying for the five run homer every time they are up. These teams look just like the ones from the late 80s, 90s, 00s and half of 10s. Bad management, bad coaching, bad players.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:57 AM 05-07-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Bart was Dorsey's right hand man and that turned out okay. Low level pitchers in the minors seem to be doing okay to start the season. I think let's wait until after the draft to see what they have in mind. Going to need some top 3 draft picks to rebuild this right. Seems nobody has the patience fo that
The comparison to Moore/Doesey is a bad comparison man.

Also preaching patience to a fan base that has one of the longest active playoff droughts while the owner demands a new stadium is pretty tone deaf
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:26 AM 05-07-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
How the Royals organization views their message to the fans vs how it really looks

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:41 AM 05-07-2023
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Didn't make it to the end of the game last night; it sure looked like the A's were trying to give the game away by leaving their pitcher in for 110+ pitches. Anyways, I've maintained that the reason the Royals are unsuccessful is that they trade away their prospects; that assessment isn't really correct. The issue, as I see it, is that once their talent enters free agency, they are unable to keep the team together. Teams with the larger market, like Yankees, Dodgers, etc., are able to resign their free agents and continue to build talent.

Not sure how to recapture the 2014-15 success without another deal that brings in a number of players that gel with the current rookies. I believe that success was just a blind hog finding an acorn.

The pitching is a major disappointment and it looks like most of the hitters are trying for the five run homer every time they are up. These teams look just like the ones from the late 80s, 90s, 00s and half of 10s. Bad management, bad coaching, bad players.
Who have the Royals lost in free agency because of money in the last decade? They kept Perez and Gordon. It's really only Hosmer and they dodged a bullet there because they offered the same amount money wise that San Diego did but Padres front loaded it and the Royals backloaded the contract. Cain was older going into free agency and injury risk, so it made no sense to resign him especially with his style of play.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:11 AM 05-07-2023
Vids Blue. RIP.

What a pitcher he was. Got in a little trouble while with the Royals in 83, but man he was such a stud. Will never forget that 1971 season where he was practically unbeatable.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:27 AM 05-07-2023
Battle of the shitbirds today. Who can come out on top?
[Reply]
poolboy 11:16 AM 05-07-2023
its the Battle for Last Place in MLB
[Reply]
Page 106 of 333
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Up