ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Media Center>Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever (2022)
Tribal Warfare 09:04 PM 07-23-2022

[Reply]
BWillie 11:30 PM 11-10-2022
I hate almost all superhero movies except Batman and Superman. Ironman was ok. But I thought Black Panther was probably #4 that I've seen.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:34 AM 11-11-2022
LOL, whatever you guys. I enjoyed the first movie. The two main characters (T'Challa and Killmonger) both had reasonable yet conflicting ideologies and the notion that either one could win and then take their kingdoms in very different directions was fun. Mildly reminiscent of the Iron Man/Cap America conflict. And I do think that Black Panther was his own nation's version of Captain America - which is an intriguing concept. I mean, what would those other nation's heroes be? Would Le French Cap just go around surrendering to everyone? The mystical part of the story was interesting also without being too over the top, considering that it was a comic book movie.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:03 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly. It was a good comic book movie, but not even the best from the MCU.

The fact that Black Panther got nominated for Best Picture but TDK didn't is an absolute joke. It's typical pandering.
:-) The Dark Knight is kind of overrated because of Ledger dying, to be fair.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 09:23 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
LOL, whatever you guys. I enjoyed the first movie. The two main characters (T'Challa and Killmonger) both had reasonable yet conflicting ideologies and the notion that either one could win and then take their kingdoms in very different directions was fun. Mildly reminiscent of the Iron Man/Cap America conflict. And I do think that Black Panther was his own nation's version of Captain America - which is an intriguing concept. I mean, what would those other nation's heroes be? Would Le French Cap just go around surrendering to everyone? The mystical part of the story was interesting also without being too over the top, considering that it was a comic book movie.
I don't think anyone is arguing that it wasn't a good comic book movie. But it got nominated for best picture at the Academy Awards, the praise it received was a bit over the top.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:09 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
I don't think anyone is arguing that it wasn't a good comic book movie. But it got nominated for best picture at the Academy Awards, the praise it received was a bit over the top.
Well, the Academy Awards are always a bit political and I'm sure there were a ton of people who felt the need to virtue signal over this because the movie had so many black people working on it. It's stupid but some people are like that. I think it's incredibly patronizing and it makes me wonder if those people are actually racist because they are so focused on race rather than simple entertainment. But it is what it is. I won't let the bullshit spoil my good time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:05 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Michael B. Jordan is just awesome. But I am starting to wish he'd pick his parts better.

Without Remorse was pretty lousy, to be honest. Fanastic Four was trash. It just seems like he should be bigger than he is. Black Panther and the Apollo franchise are both wins for him, but I feel like he should have more stand-alone successes. Fahrenheit 451, for instance, with Michael Shannon - it should've worked but it just didn't. Just Mercy seemed like blatant Oscar bait and it just didn't land at all.

I feel like he's really good but seems to be spinning his wheels a little bit.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:16 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Blasphemy.

Now, if you said TDK as a whole was a bit overrated because of Heath Ledger's performance, I could probably understand that.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:20 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Michael B. Jordan is just awesome. But I am starting to wish he'd pick his parts better.

Without Remorse was pretty lousy, to be honest. Fanastic Four was trash. It just seems like he should be bigger than he is. Black Panther and the Apollo franchise are both wins for him, but I feel like he should have more stand-alone successes. Fahrenheit 451, for instance, with Michael Shannon - it should've worked but it just didn't. Just Mercy seemed like blatant Oscar bait and it just didn't land at all.

I feel like he's really good but seems to be spinning his wheels a little bit.
Fruitvale Station was a good one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 AM 11-11-2022
Haven't seen it; guess I should give it a look.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:04 PM 11-11-2022
Yeah that was a good movie. Extremely fucked up too lol
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:07 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I had no idea that he died several months before the release of the movie. I was a senior in high school in 2008, so that may be why I can't remember that. I thought he died a couple years after the movie. Weird.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:07 PM 11-11-2022
Blasphemy.

Now, if you said TDK as a whole was a bit overrated because of Heath Ledger's performance, I could probably understand that.
That's exactly what I mean. Ledger put in an all time performance. But without it that movie is BvS levels of taking itself way too seriously with an overly convoluted plot. There's A LOT wrong with that movie, at least IMO, that just doesn't get talked about.
[Reply]
BigRichard 03:19 PM 11-11-2022
Blasphemy.

Why so serious?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 04:18 PM 11-11-2022
Black Panther was an awful combination of "The Lion King" and "Shaft". :-)

Black Panther 2 will be significantly worse.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:24 PM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I just find Africa to be...boring. African culture....the whole continent itself.

Shit, when i watch nature shows i pretty much just fast forward through the Serengeti unless a kick ass predator is ****ing some shit up.

Oh hey, look, the plains. Big whooptee-****ing do....miles of flat, boring ass land.

Sure, Lions and Cheetahs and Hyenas are cool and shit. Aside from that, im out.
Dude Kenya was the greenest place I've ever been to and had crazy mountains. They had the best Tikka Masala I ever had, too. That was strange, especially after spending a lot of time in Nepal.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up