ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever (2022)
Tribal Warfare 09:04 PM 07-23-2022

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:47 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sorry, but this was going to have a high RT critics score regardless of quality.

I'm very skeptical that they pull this off without T'Challa.
Not sure if it was everything being shut down & not going to movies, or the end of the original Avengers story line, or what - but I'm having a real hard time getting excited about any of these new Marvel movies. Don't think I've seen one in theaters since End Game.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:29 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Not sure if it was everything being shut down & not going to movies, or the end of the original Avengers story line, or what - but I'm having a real hard time getting excited about any of these new Marvel movies. Don't think I've seen one in theaters since End Game.
After establishing their brand, now Feige is pushing THE MESSAGE!
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:53 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
After establishing their brand, now Feige is pushing THE MESSAGE!
Much more than that. Marvel has a formula and doesn't seem to want to deviate from it even when the character would be much better suited towards a different style. See Shang Chi as a CGI fest when it should of looked more like Daredevil, the Raid, or even the Guy Ritchie Sherlock films. Black Widow being a generic action movie instead of spy thriller or even a Bondian type action movie.

Love & Thunder was just a mess.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:11 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sorry, but this was going to have a high RT critics score regardless of quality.

I'm very skeptical that they pull this off without T'Challa.
Hell the first one was completely overrated. It wasn't bad or anything, it was just not nearly as great as everyone tried to make it out to be.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:35 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Much more than that. Marvel has a formula and doesn't seem to want to deviate from it even when the character would be much better suited towards a different style. See Shang Chi as a CGI fest when it should of looked more like Daredevil, the Raid, or even the Guy Ritchie Sherlock films. Black Widow being a generic action movie instead of spy thriller or even a Bondian type action movie.

It's unfortunate but they know what puts the most asses in the seats.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:49 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Hell the first one was completely overrated. It wasn't bad or anything, it was just not nearly as great as everyone tried to make it out to be.
Exactly. It was a good comic book movie, but not even the best from the MCU.

The fact that Black Panther got nominated for Best Picture but TDK didn't is an absolute joke. It's typical pandering.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:31 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
They overrated the first Wonder Woman movie. They overrated the first Black Panther movie. They overrated Captain Marvel.

There's a pattern...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:36 PM 11-10-2022
I'm still just a little curious why this franchise isn't seen as comically racist.

I mean the protagonists ride safari creatures, speak in clicks and grunts and literally throw spears.

I just can't wrap my mind around the 'black empowerment' angle here. Many of them are super racist caricatures.

But shit, I'm a suburbanite cracker so what do I know?

It just strikes me as those really effeminate pre-op trannies who have these way over the top female mannerisms; a dude acting the way he thinks women behave. I can't figure out why women don't see that as SUPER offensive yet, most don't seem to.

{shrug} Not my sandbox...
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:40 PM 11-10-2022
Didn't watch the first one, doubt i watch this one.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:46 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:

Ragnarok had Its issues too, the fight choreography when Hela solo'd the Asgardian Army where they spontaneously dropped dead. Thor the God of Thunder and Lightning being electrocuted didn't make any sense.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:39 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Didn't watch the first one, doubt i watch this one.
First one is decent, but it's not the earth-shattering success some would have you believe. If you've got zero on your plate one night, queue it up. It's worth at least a watch.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:46 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
First one is decent, but it's not the earth-shattering success some would have you believe. If you've got zero on your plate one night, queue it up. It's worth at least a watch.
I just find Africa to be...boring. African culture....the whole continent itself.

Shit, when i watch nature shows i pretty much just fast forward through the Serengeti unless a kick ass predator is fucking some shit up.

Oh hey, look, the plains. Big whooptee-fucking do....miles of flat, boring ass land.

Sure, Lions and Cheetahs and Hyenas are cool and shit. Aside from that, im out.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:57 PM 11-10-2022
I just find Africa to be...boring. African culture....the whole continent itself.

Shit, when i watch nature shows i pretty much just fast forward through the Serengeti unless a kick ass predator is fucking some shit up.

Oh hey, look, the plains. Big whooptee-fucking do....miles of flat, boring ass land.

:-)
[Reply]
HC_Chief 07:18 PM 11-10-2022

Shit, when i watch nature shows i pretty much just fast forward through the Serengeti unless a kick ass predator is ****ing some shit up.

Oh hey, look, the plains. Big whooptee-****ing do....miles of flat, boring ass land.

So what you're saying is you DON'T bless the rains down in Africa? There's something that a hundred men or more could ever do? Got it.
[Reply]
Fish 10:39 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm still just a little curious why this franchise isn't seen as comically racist.

I mean the protagonists ride safari creatures, speak in clicks and grunts and literally throw spears.

I just can't wrap my mind around the 'black empowerment' angle here. Many of them are super racist caricatures.

But shit, I'm a suburbanite cracker so what do I know?

It just strikes me as those really effeminate pre-op trannies who have these way over the top female mannerisms; a dude acting the way he thinks women behave. I can't figure out why women don't see that as SUPER offensive yet, most don't seem to.

{shrug} Not my sandbox...
Yeah, I got that vibe as well. If I remember correctly, that was discussed a bit in the thread for the first one. I found it particularly silly that Wakanda is super technologically advanced, yet they choose their ruler by tribal hand to hand combat. And when the new ruler immediately turns into a ruthless dictator wanting to dominate the globe, they just shrugged like "Thems the rules."
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up