< 123 4 >
Media Center>Black Adam (2022)
Tribal Warfare 10:34 AM 06-08-2022

[Reply]
007 09:51 PM 11-15-2022
Enjoyed it
[Reply]
listopencil 08:59 AM 11-16-2022
I watched it and it was enjoyable enough as an origin story. My only complaint is, once again, the movie was poorly constructed as a lot of big movies have been for several years now. The opening exposition was just fucking painful for me to sit through because I loathe that style of storytelling. It was fun though.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:09 PM 11-16-2022
Pile of shit. Another Rock pile of shit.
[Reply]
Fish 02:59 PM 11-17-2022
This was little more than a shiny turd. Overuse of CGI. Writing and plot was lazy as hell. Basically zero effort to provide any kind of rational story that made any sense. Just more and bigger explosions. What a mess of a movie.
[Reply]
Valiant 09:53 AM 11-23-2022
It was his worst movie since scorpion king. The rock was bad. Which I don't understand, his Netflix movies were good.

The only redeeming qualities were brosnan and hawkman.

The rock and wind chick were horrible.

Bad plot/story, horrible acting.

I just watched bp2, while not great as the first. Light-years ahead of black Adam.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:36 AM 11-23-2022
Yeah, I agree with those criticisms. The undead army guys looked like some shit out of a 20 year old Castle Wolfenstein video game and that boss kill was cringe at best. Also the Justice Society sucked. They were all duds and even the best one, hawk guy, was poorly portrayed. I was still entertained though.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:42 AM 11-23-2022
It wasn't great, but it was still better than Love and Thunder.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:08 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
This was little more than a shiny turd. Overuse of CGI. Writing and plot was lazy as hell. Basically zero effort to provide any kind of rational story that made any sense. Just more and bigger explosions. What a mess of a movie.
DC's CGI isn't up to par with Marvel and they do seem to overuse it more.
[Reply]
Valiant 05:51 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It wasn't great, but it was still better than Love and Thunder.
Such a horrible movie.
Loved Ragnarok. Not sure how he thought, hey let's fuck up the formula. Hell Chris is basically done unless it is a great script and director.

I am guessing rune king Thor and when the earth needs him again in avengers vs X-Men.
[Reply]
BigRichard 04:43 PM 12-03-2022
Saw this last night and did not like it at all. They did zero really to develop any characters outside of Black Adam and that was pretty minimal in itself. I wouldn't have cared if all of them died at the end.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:03 AM 12-18-2022
I saw this finally tonight on HBO Max and I am not sure what to say. I honestly didn’t think it was as bad as I was expecting it to be. Perhaps my expectations were low going in. At the same time it felt weird. I am not a huge Marvel fan but it felt like most of the characters were cheap knock offs of Marvel characters.

Hawk Man felt like the Falcon with a couple cooler weapons. Dr Fate felt like Dr Strange with a gold helmet. That girl looked like a bootleg Storm with less powers. The other guy looked like a G rated version of Deadpool mixed with Ant Man. Also how many people in the DC universe get super powers by saying Shazam?

Lastly the story was kinda weak, especially at the end where this kid, speaking at a normal tone of voice and giving some hand signal suddenly rallies the townspeople to fight zombies. That and somehow a weak, powerless former Black Adam was able to fight off guards, gut shot, avoid being killed somehow, and floated to the surface in icy water (far colder than he ever would have felt before) and somehow managed to say Shazam. Oh and the demon guy had zero issues with knock off Dr Strange duplicates, but when Hawk Man does, suddenly about 5-6 are able to pin down the same demon man who was punishing Black Adam.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:53 AM 12-18-2022
Typically it's the Marvel character that's a ripoff of the DC character. Shazam/Captain Marvel, Black Adam, Hawk Man and Dr Fate have been around since the 40s.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:13 AM 12-18-2022
What's up with the weird ass Cold War WB and Rock are having over this movie?
[Reply]
BigRichard 03:44 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
What's up with the weird ass Cold War WB and Rock are having over this movie?
I think The Rock has lost this one. James Gunn is the head of DC now. What he says goes and he has basically shit canned everything that was related to the old DC universe. I think he is going to start everything over with new people. He is going to reboot the entire DC universe, I think. I suspect he wants to start everything over and have a fresh start and do the building of the universe a little at a time... kind of like what Marvel did.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:32 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I think The Rock has lost this one. James Gunn is the head of DC now. What he says goes and he has basically shit canned everything that was related to the old DC universe. I think he is going to start everything over with new people. He is going to reboot the entire DC universe, I think. I suspect he wants to start everything over and have a fresh start and do the building of the universe a little at a time... kind of like what Marvel did.
Should be interesting. I wonder if it will work. Starting to think Marvel burnout might be a thing. If so could that affect DC? Or are they not dependent on each other?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up