ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>Jordan Peeles NOPE 2022
Pepe Silvia 12:59 PM 05-02-2022
I didn’t see a thread for this so I wanted to start one so we can discuss Jordan Peeles upcoming Summer film NOPE. I have to say it looks intriguing.

Starring Daniel Kaluuya and Keke Palmer

[Reply]
staylor26 07:35 PM 07-18-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
See, i really liked his Twilight Zone.
Interesting, I plan on giving it a shot at some point, just haven't got around to it.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:04 AM 07-19-2022
I’ll bet the title alone costs this movie at the box office. Terrible.

Peele has not impressed me. A few decent ideas here and there, but Us was awful and his Twilight Zone was weak.
[Reply]
La0laEsMia 12:39 PM 07-19-2022
Saw a trailer for this last month when I saw Top Gun and thought it looked cool. I don't know anything about Jordan Peele though. It looked like a weird mix of sci fi drama and comedy. Not sure how the comedic parts are going to play in, but it has potential to either be really good or really cheesy.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:16 PM 07-21-2022
They have released some more clips but I’m not going to post the, I don’t want to be tempted into watching spoilers.
[Reply]
Paniero 07:25 PM 07-21-2022
Wait until it's released on to streaming. I saw it and wished I could have looked at my phone half of the time.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:57 PM 07-22-2022
the media are doing their best to prop Peele up as a master horror director. He's decent, but not great by any means.

Get out was much more like a Black Mirror or Twilight Zone episode than it was a horror movie.

I actually thought 'Us' was technically (film-wise) a better horror film, if you will.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 12:15 PM 07-23-2022
I saw it yesterday and it reminded me of ‘US’ in that it had a very interesting premise and good acting but the end just kind of doesn’t make sense when everything is revealed when you think about it for more than 5 seconds. I wanted to like it and there is one very well done scene that I’ll remember this film by, but I can’t get over the last 1/3rd or so of the film.
[Reply]
-King- 01:12 AM 07-24-2022
That wasn't a good movie. Not entirely terrible but definitely not worth the hype. Calling Jordan Peele Shyamalan is an insult to Shyamalan at this point.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 01:44 AM 07-24-2022
Looks like I will wait til it comes out on DVD, the early reviews are not very good. That’s a shame.

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I’ll bet the title alone costs this movie at the box office. Terrible.
You hit the nail on the head with this.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:02 PM 07-24-2022
I really enjoyed it :-)

I think it's obvious that Peele's style isn't for everybody.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 05:11 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Looks like I will wait til it comes out on DVD, the early reviews are not very good. That’s a shame.

You hit the nail on the head with this.
Lmao what? The movie opened to 44 million. It's the best opening for an original movie since 2019.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:32 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
Lmao what? The movie opened to 44 million. It's the best opening for an original movie since 2019.
I said reviews, you do know what a review is right? I’m not talking about how much the movie made, of course it made money.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:40 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
I said reviews, you do know what a review is right? I’m not talking about how much the movie made, of course it made money.
It has an 82% on RT, and the audience score is above 70%. Also, has mostly good user reviews on IMDB good for a 7.6/10 (Get Out has a 7.7 for comparison).

The reactions/reviews are mixed, but more positive than negative.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:06 PM 12-05-2022
Finally saw Nope, it was ok not as good as I was hoping. That scene that was based on Travis the Chimp really freaked me out.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 12:21 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Finally saw Nope, it was ok not as good as I was hoping. That scene that was based on Travis the Chimp really freaked me out.

Spoiler!
Is it on a streaming site for free or still a rental?

I've gotten the 50/50 reviews from people and I'm just going to watch it and decide for myself.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up