ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 376 of 398
« First < 276326366372373374375376 377378379380386 > Last »
Lenny "The Cool" Lounge>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:32 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Oh, dynamite. Please provide what GMs you feel have an unimpeachable record that's involved more creativity and garnered more success than Veach has accomplished.
Few if any.

But he was absolutely responsible for the second worst transaction in franchise history. I believe that remains relevant. Who else should I be criticizing for that decision?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:33 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Pennel was necessary in shutting down Henry that post season. Look at the the Titans games with him and without him that season.



And then Mahomes made it so that they had to stop running altogether. Henry only had 3 carries in the 2nd half IIRC.

I'm just saying there could have been an added psychological element to Clark's shit talking that week as well.

We don't really see a lot of that shit since we're not in the locker room, but I know it got me jazzed up. It's possible that Frank helped keep the intensity up that day.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:34 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The entire point is every GM has failures and successes. If you choose to ignore one at the expense of the other when making an argument, you're not seeing things properly.

It's clear at this point that Veach's success is NOT remotely a product of Reid and Mahomes. He's put his independent stamp on this team more than once to turn the tide of the organization.
I'm sorry - is this the 'Brett Veach fucking sucks' thread? I believe you're the one that suggested I 'blame Veach' for the Clark debacle.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:35 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Few if any.

But he was absolutely responsible for the second worst transaction in franchise history. I believe that remains relevant. Who else should I be criticizing for that decision?
Spags

Veach doesn’t just go get guys. I think it was an episode of the Franchise that year where he said Spags has a grocery list and he helps him acquire talent.

Spags was absolutely in on Frank. I think we can all agree there.

But I do agree with you that Veach made some very poor decisions that year, including Breeland Speaks. He was clearly still learning.

Fortunately he’s shown massive improvement since then
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:35 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm sorry - is this the 'Brett Veach fucking sucks' thread? I believe you're the one that suggested I 'blame Veach' for the Clark debacle.
No, but you seem even more angry about Frank Clark because of what he's paid and the fact that he remains on the team. And none of that was because Frank Clark forced that on the Chiefs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:39 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
No, but you seem even more angry about Frank Clark because of what he's paid and the fact that he remains on the team. And none of that was because Frank Clark forced that on the Chiefs.
No. That's because Brett Veach has a blind spot for his first major transaction.

I'm not sure how all these things cannot be true.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:41 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Spags

Veach doesn’t just go get guys. I think it was an episode of the Franchise that year where he said Spags has a grocery list and he helps him acquire talent.

Spags was absolutely in on Frank. I think we can all agree there.

But I do agree with you that Veach made some very poor decisions that year, including Breeland Speaks. He was clearly still learning.

Fortunately he’s shown massive improvement since then
You might be confusing Clark for Mathieu.

When we signed Mathieu, yeah, Veach said, "I went to Spags and asked him if we could acquire any free agent on the market this year who would it be, and Tyrann was on top of the list." Or whatever. I'm paraphrasing, but you get what I mean. That was widely reported regarding Mathieu. I have not heard the same for Clark.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:44 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You might be confusing Clark for Mathieu.

When we signed Mathieu, yeah, Veach said, "I went to Spags and asked him if we could acquire any free agent on the market this year who would it be, and Tyrann was on top of the list." Or whatever. I'm paraphrasing, but you get what I mean. That was widely reported regarding Mathieu. I have not heard the same for Clark.
Yeah, I kinda hope Brett Veach isn't deferring to his DC when trading first round picks and handing out market setting contracts. If we go down this sort of rabbit hole then what kind of credit or blame can we place on the GM.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:04 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Chris Jones missed the Texans game. Frank Clark got 3 sacks, 3 tackles for loss and 4 QB hits that game without Chris Jones :-)
Sacks are considered TFL. Which one of those sacks were instrumental in us winning the game? Jones had just as much to do with that win as Clark did and Jones didn't play.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:08 PM 09-12-2022
frank clark

fucking sucks
[Reply]
lewdog 07:58 PM 09-12-2022
"High motor guy"

"Scrappy"

"Setting the edge well"

"Plays with heart"

"Lunch pail guy"
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:20 PM 09-12-2022
If there's any consolation to any of this, there seems to be good chemistry between Clark and Karlaftis. It seems like he's taken Karlaftis under his wing.

Maybe that means something, maybe it means nothing. Likely nothing since Clark is pretty mediocre at this point and maybe its best if Karlaftis doesn't emulate the guy with the uzi in his trunk.

But idk, something to keep an eye on.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:25 PM 09-12-2022
Yeah Clark sucks but damn enjoy yesterday's impressive win
[Reply]
srvy 10:10 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Chris Jones missed the Texans game. Frank Clark got 3 sacks, 3 tackles for loss and 4 QB hits that game without Chris Jones :-)
Fuck you just annihilated spaz's whole argument lol.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:23 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah Clark sucks but damn enjoy yesterday's impressive win
This.

Of course, the Bronco loss changed the dynamic a bit last night and this morning but for a good 24 hours after a blowout win, 3 of the top 5 most active threads were bitching about Clark, CEH, and Hardman.

People just love to be miserable.
[Reply]
Page 376 of 398
« First < 276326366372373374375376 377378379380386 > Last »
Up