ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 241 of 435
« First < 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291341 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:42 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
I think the difference in those years were Patrick Mahomes vs. Alex Smith. But that's just me though. :-) I guess in your mind Frank Clark was the difference between us winning the superbowl those years.
No. I thought I made it quite clear, but I guess I have to be more blunt:

STEVEN SPAGNUOLO was the reason the Chiefs won Super Bowl LIV.

Bob Sutton, who liked guys that put up flashy numbers, LOST US A CHANCE AT GOING TO A SUPER BOWL.

Spags probably could've gotten it done with another DE of his choosing. But he chose Frank, just like he chose Tyrann.

Look, everyone likes flashy stuff like sacks. I like sacks. My favorite Chief until Patrick came along was Derrick Thomas, the king of sacks. I was at the game when he posted 7 sacks. But we lost that game.

And I was a big fan of the defense in 2014 and 2015, and 2017, and I loved the fact that the Chiefs led the league in sacks in 2018.

But that AFCCG forced me to look at defenses completely differently after that loss. Sack artists are great in their place. But if that's all they do, if they're niche type players that can't play the run, or play in coverage, or make plays to give opportunities to their teammates, ultimately they are a weakness, not a strength.

Sacks are not the best indicator of the overall effectiveness of a defense, imo.

But now I'm just repeating myself for like the 10th time, so I'm done, again.

Btw, good job on getting me to bite on your troll job. i even saw it coming, but couldn't help myself. Well done. Sorry I let it get personal though. Next time I'll do better on that.:-)
[Reply]
MIAdragon 12:43 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Clark had three tackles and one sack...in NOVEMBER.
Shhhhhh we’re 10-1 you’re not allowed to point out anything negative. They won’t let it slide.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:53 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Shhhhhh we’re 10-1 you’re not allowed to point out anything negative. They won’t let it slide.
100% hyperbole.

No basis in truth whatsoever.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:56 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
100% hyperbole.

The team is currently 19-1 in the past calendar year but if you only read Chiefsplanet, you'd think they were 1-19.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:00 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
100% hyperbole.

Yea it’s not like people like us haven’t clearly said that Clark has been disappointing this year in the regular season again.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:00 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea it’s not like people like us haven’t clearly said that Clark has been disappointing this year in the regular season again.
In this thread even.

Just a couple of hours ago.

It's not hard to find if you're not completely ignoring reality.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:04 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
Lets not worry about Frank Clark . .

he'll step up when needed. .

we're 10-1.. the time will come again when the D is firing on all cylinders. .Clark and the Badger will make sure of that. .

never forget:

If he plays like he did last year in the playoffs, money well spent.
[Reply]
TEX 01:05 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Sammy Watkins is the Chiefs biggest offender in this category.

The Chiefs have shelled out $40 million dollars for 1,452 yards and 8 TD's over the past 2.5 seasons.
True. BUT dude stepped it up BIG TIME in the Playoffs last season.
[Reply]
O.city 01:07 PM 12-01-2020
They were great in the playoffs.

They aren't worth the money in the regular season.

Both things can be true.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:09 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
They were great in the playoffs.

They aren't worth the money in the regular season.

Both things can be true.
Yep.

I wish they were getting more production from Watkins and Clark but they aren't unique to the NFL.

Guys sign huge contracts all the time and rarely live up to them.
[Reply]
-King- 01:11 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Of course you don’t...

You said he has the worst contract in the league other than Taysom Hill. If we win another Super Bowl and he has another great playoff/SB performance, you will absolutely look like the buttfucking moron that you are.
If the Saints win the superbowl with Taysom playing a major role and with him winning the games he's winning at qb right now, does that mean he doesn't have a bad contract?

Clark was acquired for both the regular season and post season. Him having great performances in the post season should be the expectation. So should him him being great in the regular season.

You don't hear me shitting on Mahomes, Kelce, or Hill. They could decide to shut it down and only try in the post season and yet they're not. So yeah I'm hoping he plays well in the post season and dominates. That's the expectation I had if him when the chiefs gave up a 1st and 2nd round draft pick and $100 mil for him. But it doesn't excuse the 16 weeks of average at best play. Maybe if he plays up to expectations during the season we aren't looking at having to play wild card weekend and aren't looking at having to travel to Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship.
[Reply]
-King- 01:13 PM 12-01-2020
The team is currently 19-1 in the past calendar year but if you only read Chiefsplanet, you'd think they were 1-19.
Depends on what thread you're in. Who would have thought a thread on an underperforming player would be mostly negative?!?
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:15 PM 12-01-2020
Sammy Watkins is the Chiefs biggest offender in this category.

The Chiefs have shelled out $40 million dollars for 1,452 yards and 8 TD's over the past 2.5 seasons.
And if Frank continues this trend he's going to make Sammy look like a bargain.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:15 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Depends on what thread you're in. Who would have thought a thread on an underperforming player would be mostly negative?!?
It's not just this thread, it's nearly every thread.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:17 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
And if Frank continues this trend he's going to make Sammy look like a bargain.
Maybe?

But Chris Conley has nearly the same stats as Watkins while costing 1/10th the price.
[Reply]
Page 241 of 435
« First < 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291341 > Last »
Up