ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 435
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177227 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:50 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Shitting on the Hardman pick/trade still too? :-)

OMG he fumbled and needs to work on route running let’s ignore his electrifying speed and playmaking ability that he’s displayed over and over!!!
Not the pick I would've made, no

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...n#post14351381

And that's in a thread where I actually defended him as having potential to make an impact due to his coach and unique speed. Because one can be critical of a decision while not also saying hit was complete shit.

You could try the inverse here and there but I suspect you won't. You'll just keep assuming that everything the Chiefs do is the best thing that could've been done.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:51 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think at this point Hardman has shown enough to make any of us comfortable walking away from Sammy though. He seems best fit to be that gadget type dude.
Watkins-6 TD’s as a Chief in 1.5 years-$19.2 million
Hardman-4 TD’s as a Chief in half a season. $908k

Yeah. I think this is a pretty easy decision.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:02 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You could try the inverse here and there but I suspect you won't. You'll just keep assuming that everything the Chiefs do is the best thing that could've been done.
Call me a homer. Don’t care. Even with the Frank Clark deal not panning out (so far), this has been the best offseason the Chiefs have had in the Andy Reid era.

The coaching staff additions, immediate returns from the draft and immediate returns from FA’s/trades has mitigated major losses and has actually made this team better.

The Chiefs appear to have hit on nearly everything but Frank Clark and the last 3 weeks have been concrete evidence of that claim.

Not to put salt in the wound DJ, but your love child Garrett Bradbury got his shit kicked in by Chris Jones and Brett Veach’s two 3rd rd DL. It was a raping.

Now isn’t the time to shit on Hardman or Clark after this ass kicking by 3rd rd picks and FA’s off the street. Holy shit wow

.@vikings @dalvincook @chiefs played their best run defense of the season to limit the @NFL leading rusher. #BigTime performances from #Nnadi #Pennel #CJones #Ivie #Saunders #Tanoh #Ogbah. The won the LOS all afternoon #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/F78hqBoNc0

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) November 4, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:12 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
I agree with a lot of what you say and absolutely agree on the Clark deal (I posted shortly after about the fear that it would cost us Jones, who regardless of Clark's play is at a more valuable position).

But Hardman plays WR, the position with the steepest learning curve in the NFL. DeAndre Hopkins, the consensus best WR in the game, had 50 catches and 2 TDs his rookie year. Antonio Brown didn't break 70 catches until his 4th season. Davante Adams was a pedestrian until catching fire halfway through his 3rd year. It takes time.
Sure it does. And WR is a bitch to learn in this system.

But if you're going with the 'learning curve' approach I'd sure like to see a guy with a more rounded skill-set. Hardman can absolutely still prove me wrong but I don't see a guy who will ever be able to be what Watkins is in this offense and be that physical X style WR who can get over the middle and make tough, contested catches that are so critical in the red zone.

Offense between the 20s is pretty easy these days, especially when you have a wizard calling your plays. But capitalizing on red zone opportunities is more vital than ever. Sometimes that requires having a guy who can just body off someone or battle his way through traffic to make a touch catch. I don't see Hardman being that guy and I think long-term that's a player they need.

There were people on the board when Hardman was chosen who have more potential to be that player. To me, Hardman looks more like a Donnie Avery sort and I think trading up into the 2nd for that kind of player is a poor use of resources.

If he becomes Desean Jackson, it won't be.

We shall see...
[Reply]
O.city 11:17 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watkins-6 TD’s as a Chief in 1.5 years-$19.2 million
Hardman-4 TD’s as a Chief in half a season. $908k

Yeah. I think this is a pretty easy decision.
That's...an interesting take.

We saw the offense with no Sammy and Pringle and Hardman as the Watkins replacement. It wasn't ideal.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:17 AM 11-05-2019
I'm not too concerned.

The difference between him and Fenton is night and day. He's just a much better player.

He's gonna make this team.
I just had to go search his name to make sure he wasn't injured.

The only news I can find on him is that evidently Hill torched his ass at some point (not surprising, happens to the best of 'em). But like you said, it's almost complete radio silence out there on him.

He's playing but all we're hearing about with the young guys is Wade and Fields. That cannot bode well for Fenton.
Y'all back off my boy. I've been a Fields Stan for a bit (going back to the CP Mock).

I'm still not sure what compelled the Chiefs to take Fenton in the 6th over Fields. I get that he has a ceiling to him due to his size, but his coverage skills are top notch.
I know there’s more, but I don’t have the time to keep digging. Point is Chiefs didn’t take DJ’s guy so OF COURSE the guy they did take is worse and a bad pick.

It’s the same shit he’s doing with Hardman.

The arrogance is strong with this one.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:18 AM 11-05-2019
The Chiefs just had their best game defensively on a day your sweet baboo didn't even take the field.

Maybe you oughta sit the next few plays out. Frank Clark's made no difference to this team at all after you sucked his dick for 6 months.
Its amazing watching Jones out there compared to Clark. Jones has consistently looked like an absolute monster out there, beating double teams and then you have Frank trying to hug the OT. I love all the excuses people have come up with for Frank the Blank;

He's being double teamed most every play and sometimes triple teamed!

He is playing really well. You all are just too stupid to see it!

He's a complete player and plays the run too, so he doesn't go out there and do whatever he wants like Chris Jones. It's harder for for him to get as many sacks like old one dimensional Chris Jones.

The opposing offense is gameplanning against him, so he doesn't have many shots to make a play.

#PeteThings - Herp derp all you guys are criticizing have unreal expectations for him and since he doesn't have 15 sacks already he sucks herp derp.

This is a brand new system. It will take quite awhile for him to learn the scheme.

Double. Teams.

Hes playing with multiple injuries. Injuries that would kill most other men!

Its like Alex Smith all over again with all of the excuses some people want to come up with. I sure hope the Denver game Frank is the player that he will be, because if not Veach got completely fucked. If we lose Jones because of this ass holes contract, then Veach should be fired.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:22 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Call me a homer. Don’t care. Even with the Frank Clark deal not panning out (so far), this has been the best offseason the Chiefs have had in the Andy Reid era.

The coaching staff additions, immediate returns from the draft and immediate returns from FA’s/trades has mitigated major losses and has actually made this team better.

The Chiefs appear to have hit on nearly everything but Frank Clark and the last 3 weeks have been concrete evidence of that claim.

Not to put salt in the wound DJ, but your love child Garrett Bradbury got his shit kicked in by Chris Jones and Brett Veach’s two 3rd rd DL. It was a raping.
Tis true.

Bradbury has been beaten up pretty badly. I think I identified an area of need pretty well when I said our interior line needed more attention than most believed but Bradbury doesn't appear to have been the answer thus far.

I will say that Bradbury's main strength was athleticism for his size - the Vikings OTOH are trying to use him more as a 'drive blocker' sort in a power run game. Not sure that's playing to his strengths terribly well and I think he'd have been far better here.

My issue has been, from the very start, how little emphasis has been put on the Clark deal. We act like this was some short-term thing that had a nominal cost and that we should be happy if he's just a fine player. For 3 weeks that was STILL the refrain from the "well his run defense is fine" crowd. It's now sort of morphed into an argument that getting 1 year from Ogbah and a solid season from Wilson offsets that.

No way - if you're weighing these decisions on the basis of potential impact on the franchise in the short and long term, the Clark deal (and you're not gonna convince me on the Okafor deal; he wasn't playing all that well before he was hurt and now he's hurt) does a lot more harm than the Ogbah trade does good. Both in the near term and the long term. You can make the argument that Ogbah offsets the disappointing returns of Okafor, but that doesn't touch Clark. Wilson can offset the reliance on Lee but the LB situation is still far from aces.

As for the DBs - I believe I was one of the few guys who said I was pretty comfortable with how our secondary stacked up this year. I was far less concerned than most there.

But my concern is how these Watkins/Hitchens/Clark sorts of maneuvers are adding up with the potential to make some real nasty choices for Veach in the near future.

You're right - if he can get 3 starters on pittance deals every season, we'll be fine. If he can keep doing that he can paper over big whiffs on larger deals. But that's a hell of an ask and not a strategy I'd bank on long-term. That's working without a net virtually every season and it's just not a great place to put yourself.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:25 AM 11-05-2019
I know there’s more, but I don’t have the time to keep digging. Point is Chiefs didn’t take DJ’s guy so OF COURSE the guy they did take is worse and a bad pick.

It’s the same shit he’s doing with Hardman.

The arrogance is strong with this one.
You also said Fields would make the team.

And like I said - THAT'S the best you have? Really? "Man, I haven't heard much from Fenton this camp and I'm not sure he'll make the team; I like Fields more."

Yeah, just blazing away with both barrels there, I was.

Change your tampon, man - those infections can be a real bitch.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 11:29 AM 11-05-2019
You guys are very sweet.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:31 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Its amazing watching Jones out there compared to Clark. Jones has consistently looked like an absolute monster out there, .
I wish I could remember the play but it wasn't the one where he threw the lineman into Cousins but rather a play where someone else got pressure and forced a bad pass after Cousins couldn't step up.

But you can find that play easier so just take a look at it instead - Chris Jones has some of the best get off I have ever seen for a player that size. He doesn't demonstrate it quite as clearly in that play but you can kinda see it there as well. His ability to just blow off the ball and into his man before the guy knows what hit him is just unreal.

There are times he seems as fast off the ball as Ford did and the guy weights 300 damn lbs. I read he had been doing some off-season drills to get his weight down and it shows even more this year than it did last season, that guy is a rocket off the snap.

That's the kind of thing I'm looking for with Clark and just not seeing. Where is there an attribute? It's not his first step and it's not his bend or agility. It damn sure isn't his hand-fighting or ability to string moves together. It's not strength in his lower half either. What the hell made the guy good and where has it gone? Because I'm just not seeing a skill that jumps off the screen anywhere with Frank Clark.

What is it that Frank Clark does well? From a physical or technique standpoint, what would you identify as his strengths? I just can't see 'em.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:33 AM 11-05-2019
You also said Fields would make the team.

And like I said - THAT'S the best you have? Really? "Man, I haven't heard much from Fenton this camp and I'm not sure he'll make the team; I like Fields more."

Yeah, just blazing away with both barrels there, I was.

Change your tampon, man - those infections can be a real bitch.
I liked Fields, and yes I thought he would make the team, but I have enough sense to know that just because I liked Fields more doesn’t mean he was “night and day” better than Fenton and clearly should’ve been the pick.

The point I’m trying to make is you think you’re so fucking smart that you can’t even give a winning organization the benefit of the doubt on a fucking 6th round pick when they’ve clearly done way more work on that guy than you have. You talked about the guy like he was a wasted draft pick and he’s stepped up big time as a rookie.

Maybe just maybe you should give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

Hardman is a perfect example. Andy Reid clearly has a better fucking eye for offensive talent than you ever will, but of course you can’t trust that he knows better than armchair GM DJ’s Left Nut on ChiefsPlanet.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:35 AM 11-05-2019
Lol DJ caught staylor in the feelings.
[Reply]
O.city 11:39 AM 11-05-2019
I liked Fields, and yes I thought he would make the team, but I have enough sense to know that just because I liked Fields more doesn’t mean he was “night and day” better than Fenton and clearly should’ve been the pick.

The point I’m trying to make is you think you’re so ****ing smart that you can’t even give a winning organization the benefit of the doubt on a ****ing 6th round pick when they’ve clearly done way more work on that guy than you have. You talked about the guy like he was a wasted draft pick and he’s stepped up big time as a rookie.

Maybe just maybe you should give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

Hardman is a perfect example. Andy Reid clearly has a better ****ing eye for offensive talent than you ever will, but of course you can’t trust that he knows better than armchair GM DJ’s Left Nut on ChiefsPlanet.
True.

So why did you shit on the Pats for trading what they did for Sanu? Aren't they a winning organization?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:40 AM 11-05-2019
DJ:

“Hunt is basically West”

“Chris Jones would be an AWFUL 1st round pick”

“An UDFA is “night and day” better than Fenton (before Fenton even plays a game)”

“Fire Veach!!! He’s awful!”

But yea I’m just reaching that those were bad takes :-)
[Reply]
Page 127 of 435
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177227 > Last »
Up