ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 44
« First < 333940414243 44 >
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:15 AM 10-22-2022
I was disappointed at first. The LOTR scenery was fantastic, This was so CGI'd up it was distracting But, the last two shows killed it. Saved the season. That's the quality I was expecting.

Wonder why they put it on at the same time as the HOTD? Is streaming becoming like broadcast TV, put your best against their best like its a sporting event?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:06 AM 10-22-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Wizard are not in middle earth during 2nd age juuuust saying

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:15 PM 10-22-2022
Tolkien deserved better.

I just hope the wokeness doesn't ruin C.S. Lewis' work.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:25 PM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Watching this season of ROP and the discourse in this thread has provided a lot of info I didn't know....that I didn't know. I decided to rewatch the first three movies. I'm halfway through TFOTR and have picked up on a lot of things I didn't notice before.

That’s funny I’ve done the exact same thing. The prologue in the beginning never made much sense to me but after this series I now realize how that whole backstory was actually already part of the universe that had been built.
[Reply]
Stro39 08:18 PM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Tolkien deserved better.

I just hope the wokeness doesn't ruin C.S. Lewis' work.
I loved the series but the most jarring thing for me was the "elves are taking our jobs!!" thing in Numenor. I mean, it was just absurd writing. Why?!!
[Reply]
stumppy 08:42 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
That’s funny I’ve done the exact same thing. The prologue in the beginning never made much sense to me but after this series I now realize how that whole backstory was actually already part of the universe that had been built.
:-)

Here's the deep dive that'll bring it all into perspective.:-)

https://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Main_Page
[Reply]
loochy 11:00 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Stro39:
I loved the series but the most jarring thing for me was the "elves are taking our jobs!!" thing in Numenor. I mean, it was just absurd writing. Why?!!
Dey took r jobz!

[Reply]
Otter 06:46 AM 10-31-2022
For those interested, this is pretty cool.

It's the unabridged fellowship of the rings audio book but made as a high quality audio production in the style of Peter Jackson's movies complete with ambient sounds, sound effects, the score from the movies and very talented voice actors that are either similar to or spot on as the voices of the actors from the movies. pippin and Gandalf especially so far sound spot on

So its like the book and the movies mashed together in the best way possible. I have no idea when why or how this was made, but you can listen to the entire fellowship on this channel for free.

or here: https://soundcloud.com/rootntwig
[Reply]
Fish 08:39 PM 12-05-2022

[Reply]
Bowser 05:38 PM 12-06-2022

[Reply]
stumppy 10:20 PM 12-06-2022
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:16 PM 12-14-2022
Originally Posted by :

The Lord Of The Rings fans got a glimpse of what to expect with the upcoming second season of the prequel series The Rings Of Power on Wednesday.

Amazon Studios announced that the next season will feature a striking all-female directing team, according to Deadline.

Among the women helming the season will be*Charlotte Brändström, who previously directed two episodes of the fantasy show's debut season...

...Hamri, who hails from Morocco, got her start directing music videos for Mariah Carey, Destiny's Child and Prince, among others, before directing the Sanaa Lathan film Something New in 2006.

She later directed The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants 2 and Just Wright, but she has mostly worked in television in recent years, including producing and directing for another Amazon fantasy series, The Wheel Of Time...

The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power unveils its all-female slate of directors and confirms season two will be spread over eight episodes

I'm sure this will get true Tolkien fans to change their minds about the series, and go running to watch it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:31 PM 12-14-2022
yeah they may be delving too greedily and too woke...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:50 AM 12-15-2022
Brändström directed easily the best episode from the 1st season (the battle in the Southlands and eruption of Mount Doom), so that's probably not a bad idea to have her do more.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:34 AM 12-15-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power unveils its all-female slate of directors and confirms season two will be spread over eight episodes

I'm sure this will get true Tolkien fans to change their minds about the series, and go running to watch it.
I wasn't able to finish watching the first season. Probably won't bother with the second.

At least it was better than the abortion Amazon pulled off with The Wheel of Time.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 44
« First < 333940414243 44 >
Up