ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Star Trek’ Movie Will Be R-Rated; Zeroing in on Writer
Tribal Warfare 08:30 PM 12-07-2017
http://collider.com/quentin-tarantin...mpression=true

The Curious Case of Quentin Tarantino’s Star Trek Movie keeps getting weirder and weirder. The news itself was the first off-the-wall idea, with word breaking earlier this week that Tarantino had pitched an idea for a Star Trek movie to producer J.J. Abrams, who sparked to the pitch and quickly made this official. A writers room was assembled incredibly quickly, and Tarantino spent hours with scribes Mark L. Smith (The Revenant), Lindsey Beer (Chaos Walking), and Drew Pearce (Iron Man 3) to kick around ideas on how to tackle Tarantino’s approach.

Per Deadline, Smith is currently the frontrunner to land the job, but the bigger news is that this Star Trek movie will be R-rated. This was a condition of Tarantino being involved, and one that both Abrams and Paramount agreed to. It’s a first for the franchise, but Paramount is in something of a bind as the series has yet to really take off the way it had hoped at the box office, so clearly they’ve sparked to this left-field idea of having Quentin Freaking Tarantino direct it.

There’s no guarantee Tarantino will direct this movie, but the idea is for the winning scribe to work on the screenplay while the Inglourious Basterds filmmaker shoots his next movie next summer. If the script is to Tarantino’s liking, he’ll direct this Star Trek movie.

Now, Tarantino has been pretty adamant about the fact that he’s only making 10 films and then he’s retiring. His 1969-set Manson Murders drama that he’s shooting next summer is #9, which would make Star Trek #10 if he indeed makes it. Would he stick to his retirement plan? Would Quentin Tarantino really go out directing a blockbuster written by someone other than himself? I have a hard time believing it, so my guess is A. Tarantino simply produces and/or gets a “Story By” credit and someone else directs this movie or B. Tarantino makes one more original movie after Trek.

Regardless, this whole thing is kind of insane and it’s moving really fast. Tarantino usually takes quite a bit of time between projects, but thus far everything about this Star Trek movie has been atypical for the Oscar-winning writer/director. We’ll likely hear more soon, but what do you think about an R-rated Star Trek movie folks?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:25 PM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I'm down for another Star Trek film for sure. Just hope its a step up from Star Trek Beyond. That was a pretty disappointing film (and featured such a lame villain ) .

I trust Tarantino to shoot some adrenaline into the franchise.
the fans have been screaming for a Klingon v Federation movie for 30 years. Not that BS Discovery Klingons crap either. It could easily be a great action movie outside of just fanboys.
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:41 PM 12-08-2017
how is quent's gonna fit in kill bill volume 3? :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 08:52 PM 12-08-2017
I actually think this would be just the shot of adrenaline the Star Trek franchise might need. I'd be all in on seeing a Tarantino penned Star Trek movie.
[Reply]
Fish 10:05 PM 12-08-2017
Holy fucking shit!

https://www.space.com/39027-patrick-...tarantino.html
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:13 PM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Holy fucking shit!

Kirk and the Enterprise time travels to the extended future after visiting his father(Chris Helmsworth)?
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:17 PM 12-08-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
as is Tarantino
Perhaps. But his movies are fucking gold.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:20 PM 12-08-2017
Star Trek is dead.

Tarantino either revives it or it’s dead.

My money is on T.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:34 PM 12-08-2017
This could either be completely awesome or downright terrible. There will be no in between.
[Reply]
007 12:37 AM 12-09-2017
Anything to get it off its current trek.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:48 AM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Kirk and the Enterprise time travels to the extended future after visiting his father(Chris Helmsworth)?
I remember on a podcast once Tarantino talked at length about how Yesterday's Enterprise is one of his favorite episodes, so maybe something like that is where he takes it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:56 AM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I remember on a podcast once Tarantino talked at length about how Yesterday's Enterprise is one of his favorite episodes, so maybe something like that is where he takes it.
IIRC, the 1st treatment of the said script had an adult Kirk meeting with his father in the past.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:08 AM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Holy fucking shit!

I'm totally down for a Tarantino / Stewart team up.

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:43 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Perhaps. But his movies are ****ing gold.
Did you like the movie where he had Kurt Russell play a lunatic stunt man that gets punched and kicked 50,000 times?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:48 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Star Trek is dead.

Tarantino either revives it or it’s dead.

My money is on T.
whats the dish on Tartino, do people out there really think he's only doing one more movie ever after he finishes Manson?
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:57 PM 12-09-2017
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Did you like the movie where he had Kurt Russell play a lunatic stunt man that gets punched and kicked 50,000 times?
Death Proof? Yep. I have loved every film QT has ever been involved with.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up