ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 286
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Frosty 01:58 PM 01-22-2014
The weekend before last was a HBO free preview weekend and I recorded a ton of movies I hadn't seen yet. One of them was the horror movie, "Mama". I was expecting the typical brainless horror movie full of boo scares but I was pretty impressed. It wasn't a masterpiece by any means but I thought it was suitable creepy and had some decent characters. One of the things I liked about it was all of the little details that keep happening in the background. They added a nice "oh shit" factor as the suspense builds.
[Reply]
Sorter 02:03 PM 01-22-2014
Learning today that his script The Hateful Eight leaked after he gave it to a small circle of actors, Quentin Tarantino tells Deadline that he’s so upset that he has decided that he will not direct that film next. So basically that means the conversation that will be circulating around town following this story with Tarantino goes from an ensemble Western to a whodunit. As in, which actor or their reps leaked the script that, as a result, is going on the shelf — literally a bookstore shelf, because Tarantino tells Deadline he will publish it first and maybe revisit the prospect of a movie in the next five years.

“I’m very, very depressed,” Tarantino said. “I finished a script, a first draft, and I didn’t mean to shoot it until next winter, a year from now. I gave it to six people, and apparently it’s gotten out today.” He learned that when his longtime agent Mike Simpson began getting phone calls from agents looking to pitch their clients for roles in the ensemble Western.

“I gave it to one of the producers on Django Unchained, Reggie Hudlin, and he let an agent come to his house and read it,” Tarantino said. “That’s a betrayal, but not crippling because the agent didn’t end up with the script. There is an ugly maliciousness to the rest of it. I gave it to three actors: Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern, Tim Roth. The one I know didn’t do this is Tim Roth. One of the others let their agent read it, and that agent has now passed it on to everyone in Hollywood. I don’t know how these fucking agents work, but I’m not making this next. I’m going to publish it, and that’s it for now. I give it out to six people, and if I can’t trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it. I’ll publish it. I’m done. I’ll move on to the next thing. I’ve got 10 more where that came from.”

“I am not talking out of both sides of my mouth, because I do like the fact that everyone eventually posts it, gets it and reviews it on the net,” Tarantino said. “Frankly, I wouldn’t want it any other way. I like the fact that people like my shit, and that they go out of their way to find it and read it. But I gave it to six motherfucking people! Starting this week, I’ll be setting meetings with publishers.”

“I gave it to three motherfucking actors. We met in a place, and I put it in their hands. Reggie Hudlin’s agent never had a copy. It’s got to be either the agents of Dern or Madsen. Please name names. I could totally change my mind; I own the fucking thing. But I can tell you, it’s not going to be the next thing I do. ”

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/quen...l/#more-669066
[Reply]
Sorter 02:03 PM 01-22-2014
Looks disturbing.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:08 PM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Looks disturbing.

Intrigued....
[Reply]
Sorter 02:10 PM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Intrigued....
Definitely.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 05:00 PM 01-22-2014
Learning today that his script The Hateful Eight leaked after he gave it to a small circle of actors, Quentin Tarantino tells Deadline that he’s so upset that he has decided that he will not direct that film next. So basically that means the conversation that will be circulating around town following this story with Tarantino goes from an ensemble Western to a whodunit. As in, which actor or their reps leaked the script that, as a result, is going on the shelf — literally a bookstore shelf, because Tarantino tells Deadline he will publish it first and maybe revisit the prospect of a movie in the next five years.

“I’m very, very depressed,” Tarantino said. “I finished a script, a first draft, and I didn’t mean to shoot it until next winter, a year from now. I gave it to six people, and apparently it’s gotten out today.” He learned that when his longtime agent Mike Simpson began getting phone calls from agents looking to pitch their clients for roles in the ensemble Western.

“I gave it to one of the producers on Django Unchained, Reggie Hudlin, and he let an agent come to his house and read it,” Tarantino said. “That’s a betrayal, but not crippling because the agent didn’t end up with the script. There is an ugly maliciousness to the rest of it. I gave it to three actors: Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern, Tim Roth. The one I know didn’t do this is Tim Roth. One of the others let their agent read it, and that agent has now passed it on to everyone in Hollywood. I don’t know how these fucking agents work, but I’m not making this next. I’m going to publish it, and that’s it for now. I give it out to six people, and if I can’t trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it. I’ll publish it. I’m done. I’ll move on to the next thing. I’ve got 10 more where that came from.”

“I am not talking out of both sides of my mouth, because I do like the fact that everyone eventually posts it, gets it and reviews it on the net,” Tarantino said. “Frankly, I wouldn’t want it any other way. I like the fact that people like my shit, and that they go out of their way to find it and read it. But I gave it to six motherfucking people! Starting this week, I’ll be setting meetings with publishers.”

“I gave it to three motherfucking actors. We met in a place, and I put it in their hands. Reggie Hudlin’s agent never had a copy. It’s got to be either the agents of Dern or Madsen. Please name names. I could totally change my mind; I own the fucking thing. But I can tell you, it’s not going to be the next thing I do. ”

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/quen...l/#more-669066
He's pointing the finger at Bruce Dern's reps at CAA. Wouldn't surprise me, knowing that bunch over there...
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:13 PM 01-22-2014
Looks disturbing.

Fuuuuuuck. That's serious shit.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:43 AM 01-23-2014
Looks disturbing.

Intrigued....

Definitely.
I'm confused? Did he basically direct 2 films at the same time, because the shot locations and feel of the movies are very similar, and I'm pretty sure that there are a couple actors that are in both movies.

"As I Lay Dying"

Anyone else...
[Reply]
Sorter 01:56 PM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
I'm confused? Did he basically direct 2 films at the same time, because the shot locations and feel of the movies are very similar, and I'm pretty sure that there are a couple actors that are in both movies.

"As I Lay Dying"

Anyone else...
Wouldn't surprise me.
[Reply]
-King- 05:01 PM 01-23-2014
Watched Monsters University yesterday. Decent movie. Thought it was more geared toward kids whereas Monsters Inc was for the whole family but I liked it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:07 PM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
Watched Monsters University yesterday. Decent movie. Thought it was more geared toward kids whereas Monsters Inc was for the whole family but I liked it.
Ditto. We were pleasantly surprised. As Pixar sequels go, it's about 20 steps higher than Cars 2.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:07 AM 01-24-2014
Ditto. We were pleasantly surprised. As Pixar sequels go, it's about 20 steps higher than Cars 2.
EVERYTHING is 20 steps higher than Cars 2. That movie was so fucking disappointing.....my kids don't even like it.

Frozen was actually pretty good, btw.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:57 PM 01-24-2014
saw holy grail at the alamo drafthouse thursday

took home a souvenir

[Reply]
In58men 12:58 AM 01-25-2014
Captain Phillips is a great movie. Unbelievable what that Captain and those crew members on board went through. Very entertaining and intense.
[Reply]
Frosty 02:08 AM 01-25-2014
Watched Warm Bodies and Seeking a Friend For the End of the World tonight. Both were decent. Warm Bodies was an interesting take on zombies (most of it was from the POV of a zombie). Seeking a Friend wasn't quite what I was expecting but was pretty funny early on, though it eventually got depressing.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 286
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up