ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which one do you pick?
District of Columbia + $265,000 annual stipend 19 31.67%
Missouri + $250,000 annual stipend 41 68.33%
Gosh, I can't decide. 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mansionmania Tournament: Round 1, Heat 11
Rain Man 10:43 AM 10-13-2021
Mansionmania continues. I'm going to show you the most expensive homes in every state and a few territories, with a few extras thrown in from the largest states to get the tourney up to 64. It'll be a single-elimination tournament.

You will choose among each pair of houses with the following assumptions:

I encourage you to click on the maps in the listings to see the general location and neighborhood.

Also, I will only enter contestants if they have a sufficient number of photos to judge, as determined by me.

Your entries in this heat are:

District of Columbia:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...8_M50379-76631

Missouri:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...5_M70579-02384
[Reply]
PHOG 01:08 PM 10-13-2021
DC....ugh. St. Louis area....ugh. MO it is.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:09 PM 10-13-2021
The Missouri home is absurd in (mostly) a great way. That pool is absolutely incredible. I too love the wade-in style pools and this might be the best pool yet for lounging/hosting. I like the design of the home itself, it's got a lot of land, and my girlfriend would love that library/study room they've got so that'd ensure she'd never deny me a blowjob in the future.

That said, I definitely agree that they seemed to run out of ideas and just started throwing shit at the wall. Was that a gym in the attic I saw? That's gotta be the absolute worst part of a home to exercise. After 30 seconds you'd probably want to die. The bowling alley, stable, and conference room are just all fluff. Plus, it's basically St Louis which sucks. 100 miles doesn't get you to Nashville, Memphis, Kansas City or Chicago. Booooooo.

I love the exterior design of the DC home. I don't like the décor, but that can easily be changed. Not much land, but that's a fair tradeoff when you're smack dab in the middle of a baller ass city like DC.

DC takes this one for me.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:13 PM 10-13-2021
Man, I really want to say I am sad to have to pass up on this pool. It truly is a spectacle. They've even got a swim-up bar area! You only ever see those in tropical resorts and I'd be so down to include that kind of vibe in my day-to-day.

[Reply]
Rain Man 01:28 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Man, I really want to say I am sad to have to pass up on this pool. It truly is a spectacle. They've even got a swim-up bar area! You only ever see those in tropical resorts and I'd be so down to include that kind of vibe in my day-to-day.

I didn't notice the swim-up bar. That's a nice touch.

You could also have lunch in the little grotto beneath the guardian Galapagos turtle.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:33 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I didn't notice the swim-up bar. That's a nice touch.

You could also have lunch in the little grotto beneath the guardian Galapagos turtle.
It keeps getting better the more you look at it!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:37 PM 10-13-2021
I was wondering how Missouri might fare on a Chiefs message board. I figured the proximity to KC would give it a boost, but I didn't expect it to win in a semi-landslide.

DC is a cool city, right? Even if your political leanings don't match the typical liberal urban city vibe, I feel like DC is great for any American. There's tons of history, patriotic stuff, etc.

I don't believe you're allowed to have any guns in DC, though, which I'm guessing is a dealbreaker for a lot of folk round these parts.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:41 PM 10-13-2021
Missouri or some off the grid ranch were the clear odds on favorites

Fucking Anna Kendrick won or nearly won the hottest chick contest

Root beer barrels was like a semi finalist in the candy contest
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:46 PM 10-13-2021
I was wondering how Missouri might fare on a Chiefs message board. I figured the proximity to KC would give it a boost, but I didn't expect it to win in a semi-landslide.

DC is a cool city, right? Even if your political leanings don't match the typical liberal urban city vibe, I feel like DC is great for any American. There's tons of history, patriotic stuff, etc.

I don't believe you're allowed to have any guns in DC, though, which I'm guessing is a dealbreaker for a lot of folk round these parts.

I kind of figured that Missouri would have a home-field advantage, though being in St. Louis somewhat negates that. I feel like this board is probably disproportionately in KC or in the non-metro parts of the state.

I generally have a bias against locations east of the Mississippi, just because I identify culturally as a citizen of the west. But there are some eastern cites that I could live in, like New York in particular. I'd hesitate at living there permanently, but I'd love to live in New York for a couple of years. I could probably live in DC just because of the museums, and I feel like some Florida cities like Tampa and Miami would work for me just because I feel like they get a lot of imported people in them.

I'm sure I could adjust to almost any place, though, so I don't think any location would be an absolute dealbreaker. But I'll give a lot of preference to the Rockies and points west because they're known commodities to me and I really like them. The bias against California that we've seen boggles me, because other than cost of living much of California is awesome.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:58 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

I thought Anna Kendrick lost in the quarters and Kate Beckinsale pulled the title in an upset.

In either event - we got it way the hell wrong, that's for sure.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:04 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I thought Anna Kendrick lost in the quarters and Kate Beckinsale pulled the title in an upset.

In either event - we got it way the hell wrong, that's for sure.
Yeah that sounds right. Feel like I checked out of that one before it was over due to the sheer insanity of her getting that far.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:07 PM 10-13-2021

Wow, I had forgotten about that. I mean, Anna Kendrick is cute in a regular chick kind of way lol

Who the hell even nominated her?
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:13 PM 10-13-2021
Wow, I had forgotten about that. I mean, Anna Kendrick is cute in a regular chick kind of way lol

Who the hell even nominated her?
Fire Me Boy! (RIP) if I remember correctly.

At least I remember he was dug in on that hill like the Peoples Army of Vietnam.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:14 PM 10-13-2021
Would you eat a root beer barrel squeezed outta Annas anus directly into your mouth?
[Reply]
Pablo 03:15 PM 10-13-2021
I couldn’t bring myself to live that close to STL. DC it is.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:16 PM 10-13-2021
Yeah that sounds right. Feel like I checked out of that one before it was over due to the sheer insanity of her getting that far.
Still not sure how Salma Hayek didn't breeze to the finals there. Good lord, WTF else could you ask for? It was an 'in her prime' competition. You really telling me there's a hotter female celebrity than prime Hayek? And if there is, it's Sofia Vergara who ALSO got knocked out way too early.

That entire thing turned into a farce...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up