ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 2678
« First < 10505657585960 61626364701101605601060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:50 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Because he is not a Chiefs fan he is a ****ing Alex Smith fan. He is the biggest douche bag on this board. Talking about hand size like jesus ****ing christ get out of here. Go jerk off to Alex Smith highlight videos of him throwing behind receivers on screen passes.
You ever hold a college football and an NFL ball? Big difference. Now add water and lower the temperature 40 degrees. Hand size is a significant factor, pal.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:51 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
You ever hold a college football and an NFL ball? Big difference. Now add water and lower the temperature 40 degrees. Hand size is a significant factor, pal.
Yeah, I have tiny hands and I never had a problem throwing them. Take these guys who do it every single day in all weather conditions and I have zero issues with hand size
[Reply]
tk13 01:21 AM 04-30-2017
This is a pretty big stretch. Hand size has become more important in scouting over the years, but Mahomes is 9.25... below average but certainly not some freakish trait that's going to ruin him. There are some guys like Brees and Wilson who do have huge hands, but if it makes you feel any better Rodgers is 9 3/8, you're talking a tenth of an inch bigger, and he plays in Green Bay. Bridgewater had 9.25 size hands and he had to play outdoors in Minnesota and did just fine.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:34 AM 04-30-2017
Only part of small hands on a QB is blind side ball security.

They have their hands their whole life, and accommodate their throwing tendencies to maximize their effectiveness.

Tiny hands hurt when someone pops your spine from behind. Tough to accommodate that contingency.

If it's an issue with Mahomes, he'll have to compensate with pocket presence.

Not really a worry at this point. Certainly not something to pass judgment on today.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:36 AM 04-30-2017
http://thesportsquotient.com/nfl/201...redict-success

This should end that conversation
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:37 AM 04-30-2017
Rodgers 9.38 and he plays in the coldest place. That .13 is negligible
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 02:28 AM 04-30-2017
I'm still smiling from ear to ear. I love Mahomes. Can't believe we got him.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:13 AM 04-30-2017
Right!? Here's Tigger, arguing that 9.25 is somehow exponentially worse than his love affair's 9.38 or Rodges at 9.38... and so on. Kid's lost his mind over Smiff.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 05:42 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Your old man should have "thrown with a glove on".
Holy shit! :-)

Well played
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:05 AM 04-30-2017
http://thesportsquotient.com/nfl/201...redict-success

This should end that conversation
Wait tiger just said rodgers' hands were over 10". Was he just flat out lying?
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:07 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'm not going to get too excited about the Patrick Mahomes pick until he shows me something at the NFL level. Plenty of great college QBs have gotten picked high in the 1st rd and not done much in the NFL. I don't think I need to say the names. You all know them.

Now I have full confidence in Reid to make Mahomes a good NFL QB but I think it is important to remain patient. Rodgers sat for a few years and if Mahomes has to too I don't think it is a big deal if he turns out to be the QB we all hope he will be.
I can agree with this. I hope he's great. All I really wanted from this GM coach combo was for them to at least try going this route.

Boom or bust, we at least tried doing this the right way.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 08:01 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by tk13:
This is a pretty big stretch. Hand size has become more important in scouting over the years, but Mahomes is 9.25... below average but certainly not some freakish trait that's going to ruin him. There are some guys like Brees and Wilson who do have huge hands, but if it makes you feel any better Rodgers is 9 3/8, you're talking a tenth of an inch bigger, and he plays in Green Bay. Bridgewater had 9.25 size hands and he had to play outdoors in Minnesota and did just fine.
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Right!? Here's Tigger, arguing that 9.25 is somehow exponentially worse than his love affair's 9.38 or Rodges at 9.38... and so on. Kid's lost his mind over Smiff.
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Wait tiger just said rodgers' hands were over 10". Was he just flat out lying?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-his-hands/
Rodgers claims 10 1/8th for hand size. Read the article.

There are more reports of hand size being an issue for QBs than it not being a problem. Kaepernick has a cannon and look what happened ->

"But if you watch Kaepernick throw the ball from a clean pocket, it almost looks like he shot-puts the ball. I checked to see what his hand size was — just because I didn’t remember that from the combine. He actually has small hands. So I’m wondering if he really just couldn’t throw the ball effectively in this kind of weather. Troy Aikman always said, “I couldn’t throw a wet ball.” Some quarterbacks can’t do this. And he sort of shot-put that ball, so he missed that throw, he left it well short. And then of course, his final throw of the game, he had McDonald wide open and made a bad throw."

As I said earlier, in wet conditions...Smith contemplates using a glove
[Reply]
Bowser 08:10 AM 04-30-2017
It's come to this - Tiger arguing about the size of a dude's hands that just threw a football 80 yards in the air on a rope and hit his target.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:12 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
There are more reports of hand size being an issue for QBs than it not being a problem.
Seriously I hope you are walking in a park in some foreign country and a bus load of circus jugglers with huge hands grabs you kicking and screaming and takes you to some isolated creepy industrial junkyard/broken down warehouse and just takes turns fist fucking you with their freakishly huge hands.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 08:31 AM 04-30-2017
TBs article even says "Even with some outliers, there appears to be a significantly better chance for a quarterback with large hands to succeed in the NFL"
[Reply]
Page 60 of 2678
« First < 10505657585960 61626364701101605601060 > Last »
Up