ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 709 of 3903
« First < 209609659699705706707708709 71071171271371975980912091709 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:05 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Your logic is sound and I won't debate that, but good luck convincing me that a mass death of the elderly wouldn't be beneficial to mankind..
advocating for the mass death of Americans as a good thing? Really? :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:05 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Dude stop this stuff. You both need to knock it off or you both should be removed from this thread.
It is getting real old that when I come in here you are attacking him when he is not here or you both are going back and forth at each other.
No one wants to read/hear this stupid bickering that you both are doing. JMO but both you are acting like a couple of little children or women that are on that cycle and the other is the ex spouse that found someone sexier than they ever were.
NOW SHUT THE **** UP AND MOVE ON OR GET THE **** OUT!!!!!
I have posted in this thread 3 times prior to this post since 2pm, 1 post you apparently have your panties up your ass about of the 3.

I haven't violated a single rule or been out of line so chill the fuck out.
[Reply]
srvy 08:06 PM 03-24-2020
Some of you here stand a better chance of dying of a blood clot breaking loose from inactivity setting posting in this thread than covid 19. From early morning to late into the night you know who you are.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:06 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I respect everyone on here who wants to say they believe something else — I’m just telling you that the math might be off a point here or there but is otherwise provable from a lot of statistics that are sitting right in front of all of us.

Everywhere there is a real lockdown there is a 10-14 day period of exponential growth baked in. Between 12%-13% of those people will die based on the math. If we do a better job of slowing the spread the overall group that is subject to that fraction goes down. There is a number (when the health care system becomes maxed out) that the percentage of the overall group of new infected rises. By keeping the first number low we will keep the second number low.

None of this is exact of course. But to say we won’t have more deaths then some other country ignores the data to date.

We already have deaths more than some of other countries. No one is saying we won't or don't. What people are arguing is your linear math that compensates for nothing at all in the way of mitigation.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:07 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
How many of those 10,000 cases are mild? How many of those cases are people at risk? The only reason the number of cases is higher that it was 8 days ago is because we tested. We are still running at well below half the global death rate.

See the problem in your math? You're being too ****ing literal. There are countless variables you are not and are unable to take in. If I had to take a guess I would say of the 10,000 cases 125 will die bases on current death rate.

Your math assumes nothing but continuation along a linear curve with 0 variables.
No. I’m talking about the next two to three weeks. That increase is baked in given the time from exposure to infection.

Tell me how many of the 10,500 infected today you think will die? If you think it is closer to 1% because of the reasons you gave then you’re saying that there will be half as many dead a week from now then today.

I’m not trying to convince you of anything. I hope you’re right. There’s just zero evidence from anywhere to support your conclusion. That doesn’t mean you might not be right either.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:07 PM 03-24-2020
Put people on ignore or remove yourself. I don't even know what the fuck you're bitching about but :-) or ignore people.
Shut up Pete. If you don't know what is going on that is your problem. I guarantee you that most people do. Donger and him have been going back and forth at each other.
Take your own advice and put me on ignore or remove yourself.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:07 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
It would be futile, are they to stop every car they see driving to see whats up?

Of course not duh.
Yup they dont have the resources because shit like this is still going on. This is my neighborhood this Saturday and same thing happened 2 different times because the hood rats are renting out Airbnbs 1 is a know trap house the other was a party that got shot up

https://ring.com/share/6806894990842873923

Sadly I think KC will still finish with more homicides than deaths from Corona.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 08:07 PM 03-24-2020
Thread fail.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:08 PM 03-24-2020
We already have deaths more than some of other countries. No one is saying we won't or don't. What people are arguing is your linear math that compensates for nothing at all in the way of mitigation.
Mitigation will only take hold after the second week. Again, this is proven out by the data on hand.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:09 PM 03-24-2020
No. I’m talking about the next two to three weeks. That increase is baked in given the time from exposure to infection.

Tell me how many of the 10,500 infected today you think will die? If you think it is closer to 1% because of the reasons you gave then you’re saying that there will be half as many dead a week from now then today.

I’m not trying to convince you of anything. I hope you’re right. There’s just zero evidence from anywhere to support your conclusion. That doesn’t mean you might not be right either.
I already answered your question. But again, the math is not as simple as you are making it out to be. There is a finite number of people "at risk". We are increasing the number of ventilators. We are social distancing. We are locking things down.

Your math is not accounting for any of that or at least it doesn't appear to be.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:09 PM 03-24-2020
Shut up Pete. If you don't know what is going on that is your problem. I guarantee you that most people do. Donger and him have been going back and forth at each other.
So Pete and Ringleader going back and forth doesn't bother you a bit? 10x more than me and Donger? Got it.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:11 PM 03-24-2020
Mitigation will only take hold after the second week. Again, this is proven out by the data on hand.
You have absolutely no way of knowing that. For you to even to begin to know that you would have to know the exact number of people who are infected, asymptomatic or otherwise, and you don't. None of us do.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:11 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Yea, run along. Stop posting bullshit.
We will see the dawn together, brother.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:12 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
We will see the dawn together, brother.
He is jealous you are better looking and pulling more poon
[Reply]
petegz28 08:12 PM 03-24-2020
No....:-)
[Reply]
Page 709 of 3903
« First < 209609659699705706707708709 71071171271371975980912091709 > Last »
Up