ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2568 of 4883
« First < 1568206824682518255825642565256625672568 256925702571257225782618266830683568 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:49 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I'm not sure Veach could have done better than what he accomplished this year. They entered the offseason with no money and came away with an entirely revamped and vastly improved O-line (not just starters, but depth), plus a very good DT signing, and every rookie looks to have good potential and value. He continues to get great talent in the late rounds.

But good luck with "no glaring holes except QB and head coach.":-)
I'm just not a fan of giving up a 1 for a RT who will be switching positions and will be needing a big money deal soon. I think keeping Fisher and a first round pick would've been the better idea, especially since 30 is still young for a LT and Fisher actually graded out higher than Brown did last year.

Making Thuney the highest paid guard in NFL history isn't a thing that should be happening with a QB like Mahomes on your team. Elway was able to get players at a massive discount and Veach keeps overpaying guys like Watkins and Clark. The Pats had the $ to keep Thuney had they wanted to, hopefully Thuney fares better outside of the Scarnechia system than Nate Solder did.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:52 PM 08-12-2021
Umm Orlando Brown made the Pro Bowl as a LT last year. We also didn’t give up the equivalent of a 1st for him value wise. It was actually the equivalent of a 2nd round pick dumbass. There’s a reason it was regarded as the best move of the entire offseason by some. I would’ve wanted the Chiefs to stick with Eric Fisher if I were a Broncos fan too though.

And Thuney is a system player? Go watch him against Aaron Donald in the SB and tell me how that was all the system moron.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:55 PM 08-12-2021
Tell me more about how Elway got a massive discount on guys like Donald Stephenson and Ja’Waun James…
[Reply]
TEX 01:56 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I'm just not a fan of giving up a 1 for a RT who will be switching positions and will be needing a big money deal soon. I think keeping Fisher and a first round pick would've been the better idea, especially since 30 is still young for a LT and Fisher actually graded out higher than Brown did last year.

Making Thuney the highest paid guard in NFL history isn't a thing that should be happening with a QB like Mahomes on your team. Elway was able to get players at a massive discount and Veach keeps overpaying guys like Watkins and Clark. The Pats had the $ to keep Thuney had they wanted to, hopefully Thuney fares better outside of the Scarnechia system than Nate Solder did.
That's just such a typical, dumb DonkTard homer take. Protecting Mahomes is a BAD thing....And yes, giving up a #1 but getting an extra #2 and turning that into Creed Humphrey is TERRIBLE!!!!! :-)

KC does NOT win Super Bowl LIV without BOTH Watkins & Clark. So their deals were worth it.
Speaking of Elway, he sure is good at drafting QB's - isn't he. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 01:58 PM 08-12-2021
OMG Veach has to pay Brown and he made Thuney the highest paid G!

Good thing our C, RG, and RT are all on rookie deals for the next 4 years….
[Reply]
KCTitus 01:59 PM 08-12-2021
I'm just not a fan of...winning...
Naturally, an OL rebuild that makes this team the odds on favorites to make a 3rd straight trip to the SB is not going to be looked upon favorably by a fan of a rival team....everything else said after the above, is just jibberish and nonsense.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:01 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
“The house Dorsey built”

Yeah except Veach took a sledgehammer to it and got rid of Houston, Berry and Ford, then remade the entire defense with 9 new starters.

Oh and then we won the Super Bowl with his new defense and other new offensive players of his like Sammy Watkins and Mecole Hardman.

But keep that myth going bud
Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Hunt, Chris Jones, Fisher and Schwartz are The House That Dorsey Built. They're slowly going away.
[Reply]
TEX 02:04 PM 08-12-2021
Denver doesn't have any glaring holes on their roster outside of QB. They can afford to give up resources.

Mahomes slid because of the offense and conference he played in. Mahomes and Allen have made "toolsy" QB's more sought after than ever. There is something wrong with Justin Fields and the NFL knows it. Ryan Pace just traded the farm for him as a Hail Mary to save his job.

The shell of Tom Brady shredded you guys in the Super Bowl and Jimmy freaking Garopollo almost beat you. Heck, the Raiders give you guys fits with Derek Carr at QB. Mahomes is good, but The House That Dorsey Built is on it's last legs and Let's Reach isn't doing a good job of replenishing the roster.
:-) A fine last place roster it is. Tell me more Mr. 11 losses in a row...
Speaking of Allen, didn't Denver pass on him?
[Reply]
TEX 02:07 PM 08-12-2021
Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Hunt, Fisher and Schwartz are The House That Dorsey Built. They're slowly going away.
Except Mahomes is here for the next decade+ and Hill and Kelce are still here. Kelce is still setting records and Hill is in his prime. Fisher has been replaced by a player who could be better and maybe the same with Schwartz. Hunt still hurts, but we won a Super Bowl without him, and CEH is just getting started.

Meanwhile, back in Denver...The Decade of Suck is alive and well!
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:12 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Tell me more about how Elway got a massive discount on guys like Donald Stephenson and Ja’Waun James…
They were post-Manning signings. Talib, Ware, Ward, Emmanuel Sanders and Darian Stewart all took haircuts to come to Denver when Manning was here.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:12 PM 08-12-2021
Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Hunt, Fisher and Schwartz are The House That Dorsey Built. They're slowly going away.
Patrick Mahomes is a Kansas City Chief because of Brett Veach. John Dorsey gets partial credit for the trade up but he would have never had a reason to trade up if it wasn’t for Veach forcing Patrick Mahomes tape on Andy Reid.

You also don’t give credit where it’s due for Andy Reid. Without Dorsey in Philly, Andy drafted lots of talented weapons. DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, LeSean McCoy, Brian Westbrook. Also found Jason Kelce and other talented players.

Andy found Kareem Hunt by watching him on tv during the season as a college player. He also coached Travis Kelce’s brother and his son Britt was a college coach in the same division as Kelce.

The signs point to Andy finding a lot of those players, not Dorsey.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:20 PM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Patrick Mahomes is a Kansas City Chief because of Brett Veach. John Dorsey gets partial credit for the trade up but he would have never had a reason to trade up if it wasn’t for Veach forcing Patrick Mahomes tape on Andy Reid.

You also don’t give credit where it’s due for Andy Reid. Without Dorsey in Philly, Andy drafted lots of talented weapons. DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, LeSean McCoy, Brian Westbrook. Also found Jason Kelce and other talented players.

Andy found Kareem Hunt by watching him on tv during the season as a college player. He also coached Travis Kelce’s brother and his son Britt was a college coach in the same division as Kelce.

The signs point to Andy finding a lot of those players, not Dorsey.
That may be true, but ever since Dorsey and Ballard left Veach and Reid haven't been able to draft a single player of the caliber of Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Chris Jones, or Kareem Hunt.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:22 PM 08-12-2021
What are you most looking forward to...Donks going 6-11 with Lock...or going 6-11 with Bridgewater?

I guess I could add trying not to get swept again by the Raiders...lots of exciting options this season.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:22 PM 08-12-2021
That may be true, but ever since Dorsey and Ballard left Veach and Reid haven't been able to draft a single player of the caliber of Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Chris Jones, or Kareem Hunt.
Has Elway? What elite talent has Elway drafted that he wasn't gifted due to having high draft picks he received from having a bad team?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:28 PM 08-12-2021
Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Hunt, Chris Jones, Fisher and Schwartz are The House That Dorsey Built. They're slowly going away.
It’s like you’re trying to throw paper planes at our solid foundation that Veach has worked to keep together from your little broken house of cards that Elway’s tried to put together. You had some cards that blew away so quickly in the wind that we all forgot they were first round picks. Veach has made the Denver Broncos pretty much irrelevant at this time. Not that Elway hasn’t helped though.
[Reply]
Page 2568 of 4883
« First < 1568206824682518255825642565256625672568 256925702571257225782618266830683568 > Last »
Up