ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 30
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>DJ Moore to Chiefs?
KingPriest2 11:05 PM 10-02-2022
Rumors are coming out he wants out of Carolina. And one of the teams coming up are the Chiefs

What’s your thoughts?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:29 AM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
So you'd have to give up a pick and pay him. You'd probably have to pay him around what Noteboom got?

I don't think it's an option but it's ateast realistic.

So me being me....I reject.
But you're the trade picks for veterans and pay them guy!

I have no idea what the compensation would take, I just figure GB might want to sell high on the guy while they can, and I think they couldn't afford to pay him a starting LT type salary.

Which I think would be a lot less than we'd have to pay OBJ no matter what. And I think maybe he's a better fit for an Andy Reid offense, seeing as how he's IN a WC offense with similar terminology, and the closest Mahomes type QB there is.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Looking around draft sites, it seems like Jaelyn Duncan's stock IS shoooting up. Which is a bummer, because (1) I like his fit with KC (2) he's got a great last name.

But if his stock gets into Top 10 territory, it's time to take him off the board.

Zion Nelson is another T that really stands out to me. When you look at his scouting report, it does smack of a guy who can really outplay his draft position. He's newer to the position and needs to refine technique. He also is like 20 months removed from a playing weight of 240-250 pounds at a different position.

So you keep making him stronger in a pro weight program and you keep helping him refine his technique. Meanwhile, he's already strong in pass pro and has some of those dancing bear tendencies (already showing he can maintain his foot quickness despite packing on 40-50 pounds).
The damn issue is....the Chiefs are just really good. So they're gonna be drafting 29th or later. The T's usually available there are RT's or G's.

Getting into the early 20's atleast would be preferable to get a LT via trade up..but damn even then it's been a little hit miss in that you're taking the 4thish best LT prospect.
[Reply]
O.city 09:35 AM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
But you're the trade picks for veterans and pay them guy!

I have no idea what the compensation would take, I just figure GB might want to sell high on the guy while they can, and I think they couldn't afford to pay him a starting LT type salary.

Which I think would be a lot less than we'd have to pay OBJ no matter what. And I think maybe he's a better fit for an Andy Reid offense, seeing as how he's IN a WC offense with similar terminology, and the closest Mahomes type QB there is.
I love trading for vets and paying them. No one else does. Especially for a guy the Packers had as the 3rd best LT and were forced into playing.

Now he did perform admirably, but well enough for the Chiefs to actively trade for and plug into the LT spot? I'm guessing no.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:35 AM 10-13-2022
This rumor is BS. Moore isn't coming here.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:38 AM 10-13-2022
I love trading for vets and paying them. No one else does. Especially for a guy the Packers had as the 3rd best LT and were forced into playing.

Now he did perform admirably, but well enough for the Chiefs to actively trade for and plug into the LT spot? I'm guessing no.
Well, look, my take is this:

Nobody's happy with OBJ at the salary he demands.

The draft looks lean for LT types.

FA looks lean for LT types.

We really can't afford to drastically overpay for middling LT play.

So here is a realistic do-able option.

Now, if Green Bay wants to slap a #1 tender, then of course not. But if you could get a plug and play starting level LT with experience for a late #3? and an average salary? Sure, I think you'd have to do that.

It appears your concern is where he came from and not where he is.

Where he is is a perfectly decent starting LT. I don't care that he was an UDFA.
[Reply]
O.city 09:42 AM 10-13-2022
Well, look, my take is this:

Nobody's happy with OBJ at the salary he demands.

The draft looks lean for LT types.

FA looks lean for LT types.

We really can't afford to drastically overpay for middling LT play.

So here is a realistic do-able option.

Now, if Green Bay wants to slap a #1 tender, then of course not. But if you could get a plug and play starting level LT with experience for a late #3? and an average salary? Sure, I think you'd have to do that.

It appears your concern is where he came from and not where he is.

Where he is is a perfectly decent starting LT. I don't care that he was an UDFA.
He's been a decent starting LT for what, 10 games ish? I mean, that's a pretty small sample size.

As you say here, we're in a spot where there aren't really many good options.

If it were me..I'd just try and go up and get the best LT I could in the draft who I liked the most. It comes with 5 cheapish years and I'm giving up draft picks in which I'm pretty flush with at the moment.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:51 AM 10-13-2022
I keep offering a perfectly reasonable option, and everyone keeps ignoring it.
I'd take your scenario buddy!
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:55 AM 10-13-2022
He's been a decent starting LT for what, 10 games ish? I mean, that's a pretty small sample size.

As you say here, we're in a spot where there aren't really many good options.

If it were me..I'd just try and go up and get the best LT I could in the draft who I liked the most. It comes with 5 cheapish years and I'm giving up draft picks in which I'm pretty flush with at the moment.
Trading up in the draft is a much better option than trading for an established LT. You get the cost control and the upside, while taking on some added risk.

For me, it's all about the money. We not only can't afford to pay OBJ what he's asking, we can't afford to pay anyone big money for middling play.

If you really want a top flight left tackle, the ONLY realistic place to get one is in the draft.
[Reply]
In58men 09:57 AM 10-13-2022
WRs don’t typically excel in our offense right away. I don’t think he would be any sort of impact if we picked him up. It’s a very complicated playbook.
[Reply]
O.city 09:57 AM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Trading up in the draft is a much better option than trading for an established LT. You get the cost control and the upside, while taking on some added risk.

For me, it's all about the money. We not only can't afford to pay OBJ what he's asking, we can't afford to pay anyone big money for middling play.

If you really want a top flight left tackle, the ONLY realistic place to get one is in the draft.
If OBJ plays like he did last year, fine. I wouldn't like it, but atleast you've got a good solid LT. Not great, but he's a good player.

You can't make him the highest paid guy though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:57 AM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I'm not even comfortable offering him what they offered him before. He can accept $16 million a season or he can kick fucking rocks.

I don't know what the fuck happened to him between last year and this year...but it's going to cost him millions.
Yeah, this is where I am.

Because if this IS injury related and this is OBJ at less than 100% of what he was last season, simply playing football is going to do that to him over the next several years, even if he isn't 'hurt'.

It tells me that he can't suffer even the slightest drop in baseline athleticism. And as a 350 lb guy reaches his late 20s, that's GOING to happen.

I'm pretty damn down on the guy unless he gets healthy and is just dominating out there. And I surely don't see that happening.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:58 AM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Because if this IS injury related and this is OBJ at less than 100% of what he was last season, simply playing football is going to do that to him over the next several years, even if he isn't 'hurt'.

It tells me that he can't suffer even the slightest drop in baseline athleticism. And as a 350 lb guy reaches his late 20s, that's GOING to happen.

I'm pretty damn down on the guy unless he gets healthy and is just dominating out there. And I surely don't see that happening.
Same here.
[Reply]
O.city 09:59 AM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Thing is, he is only 26. So if you could get him thru 29 year...you probably don't have that dropoff of athleticism yet.

If he wants longer, he's gonna have to get that elsewhere.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:59 AM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I agree with that. I'm just not sure there's one in this draft, and we still need a pass rusher, too. So, it's kinda like... we're going to have to draft one, and trade and pay for the other. Either way
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:00 AM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I'm not even comfortable offering him what they offered him before. He can accept $16 million a season or he can kick fucking rocks.

I don't know what the fuck happened to him between last year and this year...but it's going to cost him millions.
I'm not comfortable with it either but at least we know they offered it, so the numbers are realistic.

I just don't see him signing for that number. And I especially don't see him signing for LESS, which is really what is needed.

I don't think there's any path to re-signing him that is even palatable at this point.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 30
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up